What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Had a few personal bests this week. Birdied all 4 of the par five holes at my home course for the first time in the same round. Hit 16 out of 18 Greens in Regulation in the same round. Had a couple of rounds back to back with no double bogeys and no three putts.

I played 9 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Range, buy golf shoes, THP’d, watch the US Open

Pitching wedge work (100yds) to the 10' diameter practice green. Hit 42+ balls. Probably more like 60 balls

Any ball not on, or near the green, I pitched, or chipped to the pin.

Once all the balls were on the green, I collected them, and repeated the routine.

Walked 18 this morning. Surprisingly gassed after the round. Watching the USO now.

My lesson got postponed because the instructor wasn’t feeling well. I tuned in to the US Open some too.

Opened a cute gift from my wife and kids for father's day.20210620_201155.jpg

With thunderstorms all around us. THP'ed and watched Rahm win the US Open

watched the US Open, some of the Meijer...played 18. scored a PB. no big deal.

I played my usual Sunday morning 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to play 9 tonight but didn’t finish all holes. Right after my tee shot on #3, I spooked a black bear who was walking up the hill through the bush. We were about 10’ apart and I stopped, slowly backed away. He reared up on his hind legs and started sniffing at the air. When I was about 20’ away, he let out a grunt/huff and started right up the tee box.

I wish I got a photo, but I was more interested in keeping watch of his motions and behaviour as I backed away.

When we had enough distance between us I called the clubhouse since he was now walking towards their workshop and there was one other group on the course.

After the encounter I tried to keep playing but on the next hole the skies opened up and it got very wet.

I figured that Mother Nature was trying to tell me something so I decided to call it a day.

Try again tomorrow!

For reference, this is the tee box. (Photo is from last year) The bear came right up that ridge in front.

E741AB90-8229-4D14-8505-D7BF48B7BEB0.jpeg

Watched the US Open

Saturday - played 18 in the mixed foursomes with Jen and we won
Sunday - league match on a course I hate with a passion as the greens are a joke and yesterday if you missed the fairway by even an inch you were doing well to find your ball in the first cut, and the second cut was at least a foot deep and pretty much a lost ball

Yesterday I went to the range for the first time this year. Had arthritis surgery back in February for my thumb and testing things out. It went really well, a little soreness in the thumb as expected and had probably one of my best ball striking sessions as I was just taking it easy. Can’t wait to get out on the course

Got out late yesterday for some on course practice. 17 bucks and all you can play and no people. I hit 2 or 3 shots working on things. Heat was not bad as it was breezy. Saw these 3 little coyote pups on the tee box. They were pretty chill.
yote.jpgyote1.jpg

I hit a bucket of balls and had some of the best ball striking I’ve ever had apart from my hybrid.

I played 18 tonight after work

Walked 18

Scramble then league yesterday.

got out of my thesis writing cave to visit the range and play the front 9.
Brought the voice caddie to the range as well, good times.

Included driver and 5w in my bag for the first time in a month, to see where they're getting me. Mostly into the weeds, and not just on bad swings but by running through some of the dog legs as well. There are definitely some holes on my home course where i can stick to irons. At least until I'm confident enough in the driver to just aim over the corners and trust that it will fly.

booked a Saturday AM Tee Time...Goal breaking 85 this week based on range time and chipping...

I traded in some old clubs a while back, used the store credit to get some shoes and a practice net. Set the net up today, pretty nice, I need a better mat, but this setup will work for now. Not sure if I'll leave it where its at, or move it, but it goes up in just a few minutes, so I can try a few places without much effort.

GolfNet_01.jpg

Grip and fundamental work!

Back