What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

After badly spraining my right wrist a little over a week ago, and missing a couple of rounds of golf because of it, I tried to swing a club today. Let's just say that it did not go swimmingly! I was able to hold onto the club, but what I was able to do didn't look much like a real golf swing! I'm having problems with limited wrist flexion and extension. My buddy has tee times booked for the 29th, and I'd hate to miss again. We'd be playing as a 2 man scramble team against 3 other teams, and I think I'd be useless from tee to green!

Will try again every day to see if I can loosen this thing up.

Ugh reading this makes me jealous! Does THP count? Resting my turf toe. Maybe another week of ice and rest.

Played 18 this morning, and cleaned the clubs and grips when I got home after work. Dang I need to clean my grips more often!

Went to the range, cleaned clubs in anticipation of a scramble tomorrow (weather permitting).

Practiced putting, and chipping with my 16 year old Granddaughter this morning. Her 2nd year on the HS golf team starts in a few weeks. There was no golf last year, and some catching up is needed.

Went well for both of us. She getting her green reads down pretty well. Still needs a little work on rolling the ball on her chosen line. I gave her drill to use at home.

Funny thing. She drove her younger sister to Dicks Sporting Goods the other day for basketball shoes. While there she checked out the golf stuff, like all golfers would.

Two years ago I gave her an Odyssey 2 Ball Putter, that I never used for probably 10-15 years prior. Just had it laying around, probably purchased at a clearance, going out of business sale.

So, today as she was using that putter she asked if I knew that putter I gaver her cost $249? I told her no I didnt, that I was sure it didn't cost that much when I purchased it many years ago. I also told her it was worth nothing if she couldn't make putts with it. She told me she saw the same putter at Dicks for that price.

Now I don't know what she saw, or if there are any subtle differences in the two putters. I don't doubt she saw a 2 Ball putter.

She told me she was going to make a lot putts with it.

Practiced putting, and chipping with my 16 year old Granddaughter this morning. Her 2nd year on the HS golf team starts in a few weeks. There was no golf last year, and some catching up is needed.

Went well for both of us. She getting her green reads down pretty well. Still needs a little work on rolling the ball on her chosen line. I gave her drill to use at home.

Funny thing. She drove her younger sister to Dicks Sporting Goods the other day for basketball shoes. While there she checked out the golf stuff, like all golfers would.

Two years ago I gave her an Odyssey 2 Ball Putter, that I never used for probably 10-15 years prior. Just had it laying around, probably purchased at a clearance, going out of business sale.

So, today as she was using that putter she asked if I knew that putter I gaver her cost $249? I told her no I didnt, that I was sure it didn't cost that much when I purchased it many years ago. I also told her it was worth nothing if she couldn't make putts with it. She told me she saw the same putter at Dicks for that price.

Now I don't know what she saw, or if there are any subtle differences in the two putters. I don't doubt she saw a 2 Ball putter.

She told me she was going to make a lot putts with it.

I cannot wait for any of our 3 grandsons to pick up the game... They don't know it yet but they WILL be lefties.

Took the Shot Scope V3 out for a 9-hole test drive this evening. It only missed one shot -- my second shot on a par 4 -- so it showed that I had a 395-yard drive. 💪💪

Played well, shot 39 with aerated greens and had a great walk until dark. #winning

Last edited:
I was pretty wiped out after this week, but I wanted to get in a few swings. So I went to the range with my Sunday bag, putted for a bit and hit a small bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting for this to update… takes… so…. Long…

image.jpg

Played 18 this morning, and cleaned the clubs and grips when I got home after work. Dang I need to clean my grips more often!
I feel like I could go forever without cleaning them, and then I use white ones for a bit, and I realize just how quickly they get disgusting.

Nice practice session. After a productive time working the putting green, I headed into the pro shop to get some range tokens. Head pro/owner was walking out: "you are playing with me with Monday sometime around 8. Greens will be fast." OK. Nice to know. :D In the shop I started rolling some putters. The other pro who I take lessons with, said "what are you doing? No new putters. Work on what we talked about" OK, again. :rolleyes: Went to the range and had maybe my best ever ball striking session. Then I jumped on the course and played 3 holes: par 3, par 4, par 5. Every part of the game -- strangely even putting -- feels solid. I am ready to play Monday This will be my 4th PGA Rocky Mountain section pro-am of the year. We are playing a local private course that I walk past all the time but rarely play. Can't wait.

Booked a tee time for Mon and tues, Recruiting a coworker to the wonderful world of THP and some THPing.

KPMG, travelers, had wedges and 4h regripped... And, in anticipation of their tourney debut tomorrow, cleaned the clubs

20210626_132821.jpg

Last edited:
Nice practice session. After a productive time working the putting green, I headed into the pro shop to get some range tokens. Head pro/owner was walking out: "you are playing with me with Monday sometime around 8. Greens will be fast." OK. Nice to know. :D In the shop I started rolling some putters. The other pro who I take lessons with, said "what are you doing? No new putters. Work on what we talked about" OK, again. :rolleyes: Went to the range and had maybe my best ever ball striking session. Then I jumped on the course and played 3 holes: par 3, par 4, par 5. Every part of the game -- strangely even putting -- feels solid. I am ready to play Monday This will be my 4th PGA Rocky Mountain section pro-am of the year. We are playing a local private course that I walk past all the time but rarely play. Can't wait.

I like new but maybe this time I will have to agree him. :ROFLMAO:

Did some range work in the sim. Working on slowing down my backswing so that I am in more control during the downswing. It is night and day in results when I have controlled measured backswings.

Hit a small bucket of balls for warm up and played 18

Lesson with my youngest son, prepped oldest for his first tournament next week; bought a tee time for tomorrow, THPed and watched some Travelers!

Had a lesson on irons and driver. I also tried out an Epic Max driver on the range. Our class also got three free rounds at the course to use until the end of 22!

Practice green for a hour chipping and putting then 1 hour on the range working on irons with the planemate.
God it is hot out its going to be in the 90s here all week.

9 holes this morning. Watching the final round of the Travelers now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting in the hotel watching the Travelers now. Found a set of clubs for my 8 yr old as she needed longer. Hard but finally found a set of left handed Clubs. She’s stoked.

Back