What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Had a sim range session and played 36 on the sim. I’m going to be sore. But I had my first sim eagle!

Watched The Match and am currently working on my start line on my putting mat

Been reading more of Nicklaus's instruction. Mainly his words on the mental game.

Not much else to do. Had my eyes dialated, and an eyeball injection this morning. What a treat that was.....

Ordered some new adidas shorts (last night) and today; new polos and made a tee time for Friday afternoon.

Just changed a shaft adapter gone bad. The threads inside the adapter stripped out. Raining non-stop so no golf for the next couple of days.

I practiced some putting for :30 while getting 450 gallons of jet-A in Branson MO. 48C4F62C-DEFF-42FB-960A-B7D87B05DB70.jpeg Green was rolling like a 12. Had a nice odyssey #7 with an oversized grip to use. There are some beautiful courses out here.

A first for me - I signed up for a solo tournament! I expect there will be some nerves for sure, so here’s hoping I play okay!

Tournament consists of a round at my home course on Saturday, and a round at the other local on Sunday.

A first for me - I signed up for a solo tournament! I expect there will be some nerves for sure, so here’s hoping I play okay!

Tournament consists of a round at my home course on Saturday, and a round at the other local on Sunday.

Hoping for the best for you!

Drills from my last lesson

Hit the range this morning and was hitting horrible. Got out for some on course practice this aft slowed the swing down and played some awesome golf. I have to remind myself I don’t need to crush it.

walked 18 in what turned out to be a very hot morning round.

Played a league game today. Was a great day to be out on the course.

Walked 18 with the boys and disposed of a pair of FJs when finished. My feet where wet by the third hole so it was time; they didn't owe me anything.

Worked on chips, and putts this morning....early am. Nothing strenuous since it was close to 90 degrees at 530 am. Humid too. (Irrigation)

Used various clubs, and one ball from various areas around the green, to three different pin locations. I'd read, chip, and putt.

Anywhere from 5-10 feet from off the green. Most had some break involved since it's a two tier practice green. Also had few different lies to work with. Thin to normal.

Idea was to chip, and one putt any missed chipped ball into the hole. There were quite a few missed chips, but very few two putts. Worked out well.

Walked 18, 14 of which were in a light rain. Also learned that the Arccos sensor on my 58 degree wedge is dead, and that my white FJ DNAs are no longer waterproof.

This coming week is going to be expensive me thinks.

Walked 18

Played 18, cleaned the clubs, checked on a course we will be playing in August.

Went to the range. Hit a large bucket with focus on 1) the 80 yd wedge shot; 2) the 90 yd wedge shot; 3) Driver. I hit a few 8i shots, a few FW, and a few 5H. I have to write this down or I'll forget.

The 80 yd shot is a pitch shot with my 50 degree in straight up normal position.

When I was fit for the 50 degree the 90 yd shot was a full swing. But I found that I don't ever want to take a full swing with these clubs. So the 90 yd shot is a pitch shot with the 50 degree + a forward press. OR I can hit a pitch shot with the GW that came with my set. I'll let you guess which one spins more. It's the Zipcore, of course.

After I finished with my D, FW, and 5H, I went to my 54 and hit a few pitches at varying distances, then finished up with my 58 C-grind wedge hitting some flop shots off the mat... to targets.

Played 18, practiced my putting and put together a video for the Grandaddy thread!

Messed around with the 4 uneven lies this morning. Set up, and aim.

Then a little "firm" sand practice. We had a "gully washer" move through the area last night. Left the traps pretty wet.

Then some 50 yard shots to the smallish, 10' foot practice green.

Didn't stay out long. 84 degrees, and 40% humidity is just a bit uncomfortable for this well seasoned desert rat.

Just getting caught up on THP after a weekend of no golf unfortunately..

Cleaning my clubs

Walked 18

Shopping for new shoes. Hard to find.

Back