What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Writing a couple reviews.

Shot a video for one...

Put a club I bought a month ago into my bag, and put my push cart into the car.

Sadly, the first golf related activity I have done in the past month. I hate this time of year.

Watched some of the Korn Ferry finals.

Walked 18

Thought about the round i played yesterday, trying to figure out how it all went so wrong

Hit the range a little and played 18

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Collected some data for a a couple of upcoming articles.

Walked 9 and had worse than usual contact with most of my full swings. Spent much of the afternoon trying to get back to where I was last week before a teaching pro told me what I needed to change.

Played 18 holes, THPed.

I spent money. I went to "it's the arrow" people. Jman reviewed some hybrids in a thread started by JB. Since he had the same hybrids I had at one time, I thought I'd go down and give the Callaway Epic Flash hybrids a try. Now I'm not poor. I'm as Dave Chapelle said his dad said, I am broke.

I checked out the golf section at target tonight...eh, pretty bleak and everything seemed to be full price. Wasn’t expecting much but I did expect it to be less expensive

18 holes of mini golf, and a stop by PGASS.

Labor Day shotgun

8d6c64db8ec091756e99eaad7e28986c.jpg

I walked 18 holes on a golf course, I had golf clubs and golf balls, but it was nothing close to being golf.

Every year I've improved - even if just a little. This year I've gone backwards... way backwards. The odd thing is that with all the difficulty I'm having throughout the bag, I'm hitting or getting very close to greens with my 5w every week. How does that happen?

I really struggled with hitting the center of the club face today. Started out playing pretty decent bogey golf, but it fell apart when I started hitting the driver out of bounds. I was able to reign it in a bit, but it was far from under control.

The other thing that has become odd is an inability to close the club face of my hybrid. What used to come naturally now requires concentration, and even then, I'm just spraying the ball really far right on the majority of swings. That's an especially tough club to loose confidence with.

All of this comes after a very successful practice this morning with a mid iron. It was one of those sessions where you feel like you have absolute control over the swing. I just slowed my tempo down and everything became easy... good shoulder turn and balance, felt the club go back then come back down and through on plane, with impact and ball flight as close to perfect as I've ever experienced. I hit 20 or so shots like this in a row and it felt so good.

I'm fast become that guy who everyone knows should just find another hobby.

slimjim32;n8897013 said:
Labor Day shotgun

8d6c64db8ec091756e99eaad7e28986c.jpg

Greens running at 13 again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

Walked 18

Thought about golf today; i'm changing up my club setup - taking a 3w out & looking for a 4w or 5w to put in its place, also switched out 1 Sw for another Sw.

Played 18, quite poorly haha

Alez367;n8897339 said:
Greens running at 13 again?

That was nuts. And no, not that quick today.

Checked out a new target range. Excellent facility but unfortunately limited flight range balls sort made it impossible to get any actual club choices.

Played 18, ordered the stuff I need to make the switch to graphite, ordered a new shaft for my 4w

Played 18

Iron fitting at Cool Clubs today. Had a lot of fun getting the chance to hit a whole bunch of heads and see some numbers.

Back