What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Golfed. Forumed.

I played 18 holes again. The weather has been perfect the past 3 weeks. I have not been having fun. It's been one **** shot after another. A par = 3 **** shots and a putt. A bogey = 4 **** shots and a putt. A double bogey = four **** shots and two putts. A triple bogey = 5 **** shots and two putts. It would be nice to get the ball in the air.

Catching up on THPing.. maybe some garage sim work tonight

Accompanied a four-man scramble as part of a work tournament. I only hit shots from 100 yards or less, except for two par 3s where I hit partial drivers. While I was happy to get home to a bucket of ice water to soak my foot, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I think the walking to/from the cart (CPO) helped to keep it from stiffening up.

Despite having two guys who hadn't played in over 18 months, we managed a respectable 6 under score. They did a secret 12 hole selection (you chose A, B, C or D) and our guess netted us most of the holes where we made birdies, so at the time we finished we were in second place. We were one of the early groups, and the prize for first is the same as last so it doesn't really matter but the guys were happy. It's actually a fair way of doing it - it takes falsifying your score out of the equation unless you really want to work it hard (ie. eagle every par 5, birdie every par 3 and 50% of the remaining holes) but if you're going to do that there should be red flags galore.

It was a very strange setting - we were told to show up no more than 30 minutes before our tee time, nobody met us when we got there, only the starter told us we were the next group on the tee, after that we were on our own. Bag lunch in the cart and the organizer was parked behind the 18th green to collect our card and have us draw for our gift card. I know things are being done differently due to the whole social distance measures but it really felt nothing like a tournament to me. I guess it was more of an "outing" than anything else. And hey, it kept me out of the office for a day so who am I to question?

More boring Smart Ball work today. It’s not the funnest practice time but I’m determined to improve my swing and it does seem to be helping. Tomorrow if a round of golf so we shall see if the work is helping.

Got out with my wife for 9 this evening. We are losing daylight to quickly we barley got the 9 done. Played pretty well with 2 birds and almost a HOI! My wife bought these light up balls for glow golf lol. Tried them on the last hole and holy hell they are like rocks. My ears are still ringing from hitting my driver with it. Was fun to watch the fly. It would be cool to play glow golf.
2D6974BB-92BF-4B29-9E09-1B1EB2B789A0.jpeg8B877DF0-25A9-4FE2-BFA9-95CA1271271F.jpeg

Played my first league round of the week on the sim tonight. Hit my first hole in one on the sim from 161 yards with my 8 iron. Shot a personal best 72 even par from 6,495 yards. Bogeyed the last hole to as well. All in all a super fun and memorable round.

Two buckets of balls on the range tonight. I'm close to breaking through. I can feel it.

Put a new grip on a buddy’s 6i? I never understood why someone wouldn’t replace the whole set of grips…

Booked tee times for Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

I teed off at 10:15am and got 45 holes in before the sun disappeared. It's what I do when my wife is out of town, lol. She's known me for a long time (we started dating at age 16 in 1981) and she knows that my mistresses will always be golf and skiing. ;)

It was a glorious day and this was the view coming in including the moon rising on the upper left of the photo.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 9.30.37 AM.png

Last edited:
Out early this am. Cooler than normal morning. Our 90*F, Fall Season is just around the corner.....lol

Practiced full, and partial swings with all 9 of my irons. I even hit some 100+ yard punch shots with my #2 Ironwood. My 10th iron.

Focus was on accuracy, and distance with all clubs.

Short game practice area was empty of other golfers, so I was able use yardages up to 160+/- yards to different practice pins. .

Was a good morning's work out.

Went to the range twice, and both times I could not get a stall. I'm 0-5 with range sessions. This is getting unreal. Can't get a tee time either.

I've been fishing instead.

Walked 18 holes and cleaned the clubs.

Three-hour lesson - spent almost 1.5 hr on the high spin wedges shot with Trackman feedback.

Spent 45 minutes comparing the Honma TWX/MMT 85 Combo with the Mizuno HMB/Accra 95 CW.

Hit 7 irons ... Mizzy is 32 loft, Honma 31. The Mizzy/Accra combo was 141/148; the Honma/MMT 85 was 150/158. I think the issue is the Accra since Mizzy/Recoil 95 were getting me 148 carry last year. My instructor looked at the spin on the Honma and said "play with a spinny ball." I use the RXS, and he said, "put one down and hit it." So I gave up a ball, hit it and thank goodness, the ball launched high with good spin.

SInce I now have 2 sets of irons, the MIzzys can get reshafted. I need to look at Mizzy's shaft offering for the Jan debut.

After my league sim round yesterday with a hole in one and a personal best sim score I didn't think I could do better. Shot another personal best sim round at -8!!!!! Whelp there goes my net scores for a while in the league, but holy smokes I am so excited. Really need to get out and play more now that my swing is in a great place.

Walked 18 today.

18 with a couple of the work crew today after a few week hiatus. The rust definitely showed after a few weeks not swinging the clubs a whole bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More range time and played 9 holes. Game is coming back

Played a total of four holes before the world was ending via flood.

2 pars, a bogey, and a birdie. Yay!

On the road for training and checked out PGASS in Columbus OH. Did some putting and tried a few wedges in the booth. Was really interested in a new wedge that just came out and then a salesman gave me this Vokey wedge. Wow numbers went up and was an amazing feel. Totally changed my mind as would have never even thought of demoing one. Now need to find one in FL.

Attachments

• 3386A34A-7B60-41D8-BAC8-1D9C7C9048CD.jpeg
    3386A34A-7B60-41D8-BAC8-1D9C7C9048CD.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 9
  • B05D6AA1-6BB9-4D12-ACA5-CD185CD38BCA.jpeg
    B05D6AA1-6BB9-4D12-ACA5-CD185CD38BCA.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 9
Back