What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

How did the testing go?
Only got to hit about a 20 shots as I had some other stuff I had to do, but it worked great. I still have to cover the corners to complete everything. First time I ever set a sim up and it seems I got about the right tension on the impact screen. This will be nice for winter season practice and not just hitting into a net anymore. Hitting into the net was ok, but at least this will show me what direction I am hitting.

Only got to hit about a 20 shots as I had some other stuff I had to do, but it worked great. I still have to cover the corners to complete everything. First time I ever set a sim up and it seems I got about the right tension on the impact screen. This will be nice for winter season practice and not just hitting into a net anymore. Hitting into the net was ok, but at least this will show me what direction I am hitting.
Awesome! Look forward to hearing of your continued use!

Gave my right elbow and mid back 2 weeks to heal up. Made an appointment today for 1.5 hours on a GCQuad sim setup. I want work on the swing and start to dial in my stock club distances across the t100s/t200 set.

I also scheduled 2 hours on the sim for Saturday. Our BIG Cat-Grizz in state rivals FCS football game is happening in Missoula (we're in Bozeman -- Cats of course) and it will be telecast on root tv. We don't have the root channel. Good old Pure Shot Golf does have that channel and a nice setup with tables and a TV for viewing. The mrs will join me there and pound beer and/or wine as she watches the game and talks to nicest guy on earth Woody. I will hit golf balls, get lost in numbers and complain to Woody (who will just roll his eyes at me) that I'm not improving. Win-win. 👍

Gave my right elbow and mid back 2 weeks to heal up. Made an appointment today for 1.5 hours on a GCQuad sim setup. I want work on the swing and start to dial in my stock club distances across the t100s/t200 set.

I also scheduled 2 hours on the sim for Saturday. Our BIG Cat-Grizz in state rivals FCS football game is happening in Missoula (we're in Bozeman -- Cats of course) and it will be telecast on root tv. We don't have the root channel. Good old Pure Shot Golf does have that channel and a nice setup with tables and a TV for viewing. The mrs will join me there and pound beer and/or wine as she watches the game and talks to nicest guy on earth Woody. I will hit golf balls, get lost in numbers and complain to Woody (who will just roll his eyes at me) that I'm not improving. Win-win. 👍
Sounds like the perfect afternoon date to me.

Had a lesson tonight. I have been working everyday in my yard on getting my path as close to in to out as possible. My struggle with that is always the long clubs with driver being the hardest. Tonight was the first lesson ever that my path was an average of 3.0 into out! Didn’t matter what I hit I had it going. The work into my net on the form and path is working. I am still not full speed and my instructor wants me to stay where I am at for now. He feels that the speed will naturally comeback as I get more comfortable with the new swing changes!

It was so awesome seeing the track man numbers pop up with what I was feeling and what I wanted. I also let the ball position creep forward so we made an adjustment tonight with great results. Nothing right at all. It did feel weird with the driver and that will take some work but the result will be worth it.

It was a beautiful evening to be outside hitting balls under the lights!
FCA775CA-BA1B-48BA-8B4C-31936859DF06.jpeg84D00850-A715-4EEB-8C6B-D879ED13F131.jpegE85DD3DF-7523-4810-B2CA-EC5E5988329F.jpeg

Hit some range balls

Double-checked our tee time for Sunday as we moved it earlier to play with a different couple after the original couple couldn't make it

Hoping the forecast gets slight better - currently forecasting 5°C (feels like 1°C) with a chance of rain around lunchtime

Got the lofts and lies on my irons checked/adjusted.

Looked around at Academy Sports…I’ve never been so disappointed in a sporting goods store. They had hardly anything golf related.

THP and booked a round at a new to me, but in my "membership" umbrella for friends/THPer.

Lesson with my coach at the driving range!

Played 18, watched a bit of the LPGA CME Championship, THP’d.

Hit a jumbo bucket of range balls after work. I tried some new alignment setups with a driver (narrower stance, setting ball up more inside the face), but I didn't really see any better results than what I've been doing. Maybe 50% good shots and 50% turbo slices.

What did get me excited was I was trying some new techniques to get more rotation in my iron swing, and I saw my distances there really take off by like 10 yards. Very exciting stuff. Going to take that to the course this weekend and see what happens.

Went to local golf shop and had a new grip put on a club. Winn Dri-Tac.... such a super grip! Talked a little golf and health with the owners. Nice people. Been in operation for 10+ years. Good to have a little shop like that in town - as opposed to having to find a big box store for something. Then went out and chipped some with a different wedge than I had been using. Watched some golf on TV.

Took stock of my club making inventory, and lots of THP!

Night golf on a par 3 course! Short game was great, irons were not :-/. Just after I get excited about them.

Also went to a local golf shop before hand to grab a few extra balls, and a Cleveland Hy-Wood on the shelves. DAMN that is a good looking club! I almost wanted to buy it there on appearance alone.

Last edited:
Did Stack System Speed work, then took my son to his lesson where I listened and hit balls at the range trying to square the face of the driver.

Played last round of the year yesterday as all courses are now closed. Little chilly to start with wind chill (felt like ~30° F) but had multiple layers and we were walking but eventually got up to about 40° F by the end of the round. Played a 2 man match vs a couple other buddies and we ended up coming ahead 3&2. Clubs will be going down to the basement along with other golf stuff to get cleaned up and then put away for 5+ months 😢.

Played 9 in the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a round with @troyefl today! Always good times!!!

Played a round with @AzGolfer and @magicespell. Fun day and was freezing this morning I was not prepared lol
38DDF3F0-F5A5-4E02-BC58-4624A5824C57.jpeg

Back