What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played a quick 12 holes this morning at The Yards, which has a regulation 9 & a beer loop with 6 par 3 holes.

I played in a Ryder Cup style tournament today. Didn’t do too well, but the cold and wind affected everyone’s scores. Can I say I played in snow even though it was just a quick 5 second flurry? I’m doing it. I played while it was snowing.

Changed the shaft in My B21 - not much

I played 18 - par 62 executive course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an iron fitting, tried Mizuno HMP, Titleist T300, Callaway DCB and Titleist T200.
Ended up ordering: Mizuno Hot Metal Pro, 5-PW, Recoil 95 F4, 2 flat with MCC+4 grips. Said they should be here before Christmas.
Compared to the Srixon ZX7 7 iron I picked up 15 yards from 145 to 160. Consistent spin using a CS of 5100. I know my elbows will thank me for going back to the Recoil shafts.
It is nice as Golf USA lets me keep my clubs until the new ones come in, then I will trade in.
Walked 18, cleaned the clubs.

Golfed with some HS kiddos

Had an iron fitting, tried Mizuno HMP, Titleist T300, Callaway DCB and Titleist T200.
Ended up ordering: Mizuno Hot Metal Pro, 5-PW, Recoil 95 F4, 2 flat with MCC+4 grips. Said they should be here before Christmas.
Compared to the Srixon ZX7 7 iron I picked up 15 yards from 145 to 160. Consistent spin using a CS of 5100. I know my elbows will thank me for going back to the Recoil shafts.
It is nice as Golf USA lets me keep my clubs until the new ones come in, then I will trade in.
Walked 18, cleaned the clubs.

Do you suppose some of your added length of the 7 iron was due to the Srixon having a loft of 32 deg and the Mizunos having a loft of 29 deg???:unsure::unsure: My MP20s in a 7 Iron have a 34 Deg Loft and my MP20 MMC have a Loft of 32 Deg so I hit my MMC a bit further. So I just figure in Like a Taylormade Iron an Iron labeled a 7 Iron is a 6 Iron in my Mizuno Set. :unsure::eek::eek::eek:
Mizuno MMC fan here.

Last edited:
Do you suppose some of your added length of the 7 iron was due to the Srixon having a loft of 32 deg and the Mizunos having a loft of 29 deg???:unsure::unsure:
Mizuno MMC fan here.
For sure, I did hit my ZX7 7 iron to kinda base line, and the ball speed was faster on the HMP so that has some effect also.

Installed a SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 grip on my SeeMore M7. Will be rolling some putts on the mat with it later today, and it goes into play Monday.

Hit the range to ingrain some driver feels and work on flighting the ball with my irons and wedges. I’m creeping back to my old swing speed so that was a nice surprise. I gained 2-5 mph over the last few weeks.

Played 2 rounds on the sim.

Took my 30+ year old Rail Gun Putter (avatar) to the practice green. Nostalgic reasons.

Had a good time with it. Made alot of putts.

Recieved the normal looks, and questions while using it. "Is that legal ?" is always asked when people see it.

One guy tried it, and wanted to buy it. Told him he couldn't afford it...lol

Charging V3, heading to the range.

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

Continued packing and THPing

Played 18, regripped my driver, THP'd.

Planned the MP-22 Iron Setup

Hit 56 full PW swings to a 100 yard target. First 14 were warm ups. The last 42 were swinging for the fence, and out of my sneakers.

This is part of my practice regimine to see if I can gain some needed carry distance. Accuracy was not a priority. I do this 2-3 times a week.

The first 14 went about 85-90 yards. From there each set of 14 gradually flew further, with the last 14 gps'd at 105 -110 yards. Two ball were in the 115 range.

My goal is to hit the 120+/- yard mark with my pw.

Horizontal dispersion wasn't too bad. Most balls would have found the green. Most were slight pulls to the left, which wasn't a surprise, considering how I was swinging.

Had one really bad pulled shot that landed in a concrete drainage ditch, bounced, and landed who knows where. Never did found it.

After that I rolled some 5' - 10' foot putts on the practice green for about 30 minutes. These were all straight putts. Made some, missed some.

THP, some YouTube videos, sold and shipped a couple things, saw some new stuff, regripped a set in thinking about playing tomorrow.

Had a good day at the driving range. My iron consistency was great once I made more of an effort to keep my arms in close instead of letting them fly out. That's kinda golf for you... you're thinking of so many other things to do that sometimes you forget the basics.

Driving is starting to come around... I am in maximum slice compensation mode with a driver lofted up to 11.5* and a face closed 6*. But if I take that setup and aim right of my target, it usually works all right. We'll see how it plays on the course.

20211130_111010.jpg

I did the bending, and now shall do the playing. 😬

Back