What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

First day home from the Grand daddy reunion trip; cleaned my clubs, washed my shoes, towels and gloves, and put some cool swag on display.

Went out early this morning and hit a few balls at the short game area.

Just a little sore after this past weekend's golf. Thought I would try to work some of it out.

Putting, chipping, pitching, uneven lies, and full, 80 yard swings.

Short game area was empty.
20220822_080634_HDR.jpg20220822_080627.jpg

Put a new grip on a putter for a buddy.

About 8:30 PM I'm lying in bed, and I get a text from my 17 year old Granddaughter.

She wants to know if I have a push cart she can borrow. That her pull cart hurts her back. She has a highschool tournament tomorrow.

Sure do I reply. When do you want it? She says she'll be by around 7 AM in the morning.

Now at 7AM I will either be at the golf course, or already back home in bed. I asked if she could come over now. They just live a couple blocks away from us. Her Mom says ok.

When she get here I have my Clicgear sitting on the patio folded up. This is one of the first Clicgear Trollies sold. Tires have real air in them.

She has never unfolded one. The fear in her face shows.

I show her the steps involved unfolding it, folding it back up. Three times.

The first time she tries to unfold it, it was like wrestling with an octopus. Eventually she masters the system.

She tells me she will bring it back after her tournament.

Yeah, you guessed it. I told her to keep it as long as she wants.

I got a hug, and kiss on the cheek for that decision. :D

I played 9 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have purchased 10 boxes of Jos Louis chocolate cakes. I hear @Canadan is a fan.

Decided to take tomorrow off, so I don't roll too many hours of vacation over and made a tee time for first thing in the morning at the Jack Nicklaus course after I drop the daughter off at school.

Booked a tee time at a local par 3 for me and my oldest for Saturday. It will be our first round of golf together.

Booked a tee time at a local par 3 for me and my oldest for Saturday. It will be our first round of golf together.
Have fun man! Some of the best times are when I'm out on the course with my daughter and watching her enjoy the game.

Have fun man! Some of the best times are when I'm out on the course with my daughter and watching her enjoy the game.
I am pretty stoked to see him out there. The look on his face when I told him he had a tee time with dad for Saturday was amazing.

i came home off the early shift and decided to remove the insert from my `Aunt and Uncle`

Its a old wilson D7411

i cleaned it painted it and put the engraved plate i had done on it in there memory

we first went to visit them in 1998 my aunt was a GI bride my uncle served in the 82nd Airborne

my uncle passed away in 2001 my aunt passed away last year aged 98 (he had agolf swing like a pendulum and she was a demon with a wedge

Happy memories

Attachments

• 20220824_192500.jpg
    20220824_192500.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220824_192512.jpg
    20220824_192512.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 6
Remembered to put my shoes in the car as heading straight to the course from work today to play 9 with Jen

Watched The Worst Golf Podcast and made up two different weight packs for my Rogue ST driver to hit my desired swing weight with 2 different shafts.

Hit the range for a large bucket while my son played his high school match. He didn’t do as well as he wanted and asked to hit a small bucket. So I picked up a small bucket for me too. I’ve been putting in more work at the range and it’s paying off there. Just gotta take it to the course.

Didn't do a darn thing. Today was yard work day!! Probably the hottest day of the week. But they are calling for showers. So, I decided to suck it up, and go cut grass in the heat! With a push mower! I haven't cleaned out from under the deck for some while. I've noticed that the mowers have become much more difficult to push because of the weight.

I

Played a round.
as I finished 18 with a birdi, the skies opened up…

Knocking 2” off Mrs. Bosco’s putter and maybe 1/2”-3/4” off mine. After adding 1” back no less. Shiny new blacked out PP58..

Yesterday, bought 50, 54 and 58* CBX wedges which I don't need. Wife just shook her head and laughed at me. I feel obligated to take them out when they arriver and see if they treat me as well as my CBX PW has...........

Played in our company scramble tourney. Got partnered up with a few non-golfers and it was alot of fun.

nice little treat at Firestone...

IMG_20220826_093005.jpg

Back