What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played 18 this morning and continued my test-drive of the 2022 Chrome Soft. If you had told me that simply changing my golf ball would net me the kind of extra yardage I'm seeing I wouldn't have believed you.

According to Shot Scope my driver performance average is 255, while my average is 233 which is accurate as accurate can be. Here were my yardages on the last four holes of today's round:
15 - 270
16 - 271
17 - 269
18 - 280
🤯

Played 18. Tweaked the driver swing a bit, and it wasn't pure death.

Boys, we might be on to something.
Love to hear this!

My strategy of "can't golf for a couple days" will surely improve the potential to continue succeeding, right? lmao
Works every time for me (y)

Just a range day today. I really need to ingrain this shorter backswing without my flying elbow. I don't think I'm as flexible as I used to be, but we're gonna work on that. I had a tough time bowing my wrist to the point where I can barely get it flat at the top. I'm only in my 40's, I can't be rusting already. Found out from a Facebook group that I have free access to a golf fitness website through the Veteran Golfers Association so I signed up for that. I don't want to work out, but it's looking like I don't really have a choice if I want to stay somewhat athletic.

Repeat of yesterday, except no chipping practice: LIV Golf Chicago, downswing drills, putting practice on the mat. Oh yeah: THP'd and drank an Arnold Palmer :)

Got to play after work yesterday and was able to get in 18 in under 3 hours

Finally got to roll my new Scotty yesterday. To compare it to my 13 year old Anser 2, it was night and day. I genuinely felt like I couldn't miss. The balance and feel shows what true craftsmanship go into those putters. I'm in love I think....

sold a perfectly good thing to pay for yet another unnecessary new thing.

So many times we ponder new clubs. For me, often it’s a putter. Went over to the putting green at a local course to putt some with the “old faithful.” I was making everything! It felt so easy! After a few putts I walked off. No need to ponder any more (for a while). Each day’s putting should go so well!

Hit a couple bucket of balls after not playing for a month. Like riding a flat tire crooked bike 😂

I played a pretty good 9 holes today. Started out a bit rough but finished strong.

Played 18 last night and planning on hitting a bucket in my lunch break today

It was kind stormy this morning. Had some rain and wind. This meant the 140 yard flag at the short game area was available. I'm not a fair weather only golfer.

Hit 56 balls with my 7W. First 14 were warm ups. The next 28 gradually got better. The last 14, I was pretty happy with.

My 7W sends the ball longer than 140 yards. There is fairway cut turf that extends 10 yards past the pin. Then there's the rough. Most of the balls I hit were stopping just barely in the rough.

I wasn't trying to make the club fit the 140 yards. All I wanted was a smallish horizontal dispersion past the flag. The flag was just a target.

Lunch range time. Hate hitting off of mats but it's the only place close enough to fit it in at lunch
20220928_123210.jpg

Learned how to mow tees, fringe and green approach areas. Turning into a true jack of all trades at the golf course after being hired about 4 months ago to ranger 1 or 2 days per week.

I played 18 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More downswing work. I think I might finally be getting somewhere :)

Spent about 90 minutes at the short game practice this morning. Pretty much had the area to myself.

Worked on the four uneven lies, pitches, chips, and one putts. Also hit some sand shots. Dropped a few balls in the 8" rough, while using my 5 Ironwood to get the ball out.

This was more of a physical exercise session more than anything else.

Booked a tee time for in the morning.

Range work again today

Worked a 6 hour shift in the pro shop then walked 12 holes.

Re-gripped my new rad speed hybrid and my putter. Plus booked a round at Gatlinburg golf course for my birthday on the tenth.

Couple of hrs of short game practice 40 yards and in, bunker and putting.
tried to pick difficult lies in the freshly scalped Bermuda rough. You know, the stuff that just explodes when you hit it?

Back