What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

l20191026_105238(0).jpg fall golf calls for fall beer

Got out and played 18 this morning. Ended up after an hour frost delay to play the 9 home course twice instead of deal with the crowds all waiting. Got to play my new Epic Flash for the first time and loved it. Most fairways I have ever hit and way further then ever before!

Thought all the leaves on the greens would bug me but actually loved it with all the beautiful trees around and the nice brisk air!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set a record for lip outs and lip hangers.

Actually not much. I cleaned my and my wife's clubs and practiced my full swing about 50 times. Watched Tiger shoot 64 in round two. Not really anything too exciting golf wise.

Played 18 with a bunch of THPers at the GA/FL Gethering.

Played 18, cleaned my clubs.

Played 18. Now I am watching Tiger go for #82.
7b8bdca3a0a59856cdb1e75c3712292f.jpg
54d09df6516c2fa4eed6c14f62a43ee2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played 18 at The Territory in Duncan, OK. That course is a hidden gem in a very unlikely location. Beautiful course and challenging, especially if you miss fairways by much or greens even by a little. I will definitely go back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bought a new Apex 19 combo set before the sun was up, played 18 once it warmed up, tried to contribute to the live round thread, and now that my wife has gone to sleep I'm cleaning clubs and watching video of my torso-protecting all arms swing and hating it as usual.

An hour and a half practice session. The ball was moving the direction I wanted at will, which is a good feeling. High, medium, low. Right to left left to right and straight. More importantly, I got over the back problems that have been nagging me the last week and a half. Yesterday I played a round and carried my clubs. It took most of the round to get over the pain and be able to move naturally. This morning I went to the gym and the combination of stretching and activity got me moving normally.

Putting practice in the basement with my PuttOut. Drooled at a SkyTrak online.

Got to play 18 yesterday morning which was nice. Other family plans today, but may try to sneak out for 9 this morning.

Getting ready to head out to play 18. Weather is going to be much nicer today. High of 66 with sun and little wind. Perfect day for golf or anything else for that matter.

Played 18. Nice 80° day, but I basically kicked it around for a 104. One of my goals for 2020 is to break 100 on this course. So I have work to do.
54a9851087d39382e98e0a59c7b6f4a0.jpg
98f57eea3625dc79a54109c7e1f8fd40.jpg

I played in a charity scramble today. At tee off it was 37* and drizzling. The drizzle lasted 13 holes and the weather was 42* when we finished. The crazy thing is that it was one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I've played this year. Evidently I can handle that cold weather golf.

I played in a charity scramble today. At tee off it was 37* and drizzling. The drizzle lasted 13 holes and the weather was 42* when we finished. The crazy thing is that it was one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I've played this year. Evidently I can handle that cold weather golf.

Did you finish the round with sugar cookie milk?

Did you finish the round with sugar cookie milk?
Disappointingly no. A trip to the store has to happen tomorrow!

Walked 18

Hit several 5i shots into the field close to full speed. Worked on the downswing - specifically bringing my hands in tighter. Trying to develop an inside out swing path. I can do it but it takes several swings before I can find the “groove”. Probably why it’s been so difficult to find on the course.

Played 27 holes, need to clean the clubs.

Back