What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

THP'd and participated in the live thread while watching the Driving Relief skins game, rolled some putts on the PuttOut trainer. Found out that our round scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled (by unanimous decision of our group) due to a forecast for 25-35 mph winds. Ain't nobody got time for that, too many nice days to play on bad days!

Is anyone else avoiding the courses currently? I won’t lie the crowds have chased me down to once a week, too many people out there

Is anyone else avoiding the courses currently? I won’t lie the crowds have chased me down to once a week, too many people out there
Nope. Been playing 3 times a week, just avoiding the most crowded times. But our courses probably don't have the same crowds as big city courses.

Played so-so yesterday and practiced, but my body must really be tired because I could not hit it solid as I wanted to. Practiced with some foot powder on my driver and was extremely inconsistent on the face and my launch monitor showed my speed down too, which I figured was the case.

Nope, played 9 holes Wednesday and Thursday evening after work last week, then another 18 yesterday and got tee times for 9 tonight after work, 18 on Wednesday and another 9 after work on Thursday

Course has been busy but we have never had to wait on anyone ahead and walked the 18 yesterday in 3hrs 15mins

Played the last three days straight and I am wore out. Dang getting old sucks! :rolleyes:

Played 27 holes yesterday. Walked 9 solo, and then rode for another 18 with a long time friend (and drinking buddy back in the day) after pilfering clubs from his shop the night before. Just being being on the course together again was more fun that the golf. It's a typical Navy/Marine thing we have. He's in his early 70's and still hits a beautiful ball. He also knows my swing better than anyone.....and reminds me about it on every other hole.

He went into his Full Metal Jacket routine after watching my first few swings, and throwing out his usual snark that you'll only get from a retired "Gunny"

WTH squid? ....... turned your swing into a one car drag race? Ya Know Squid......the rules of golf do allow for more than 1 second for a swing.

I got him back with a good stinger hole 17 after he over cooked his little fade into the water.

No worries Gunny, the Navy will be along shortly to salvage that one for ya.

One of the best day's I've had in years.

Nope, played 9 holes Wednesday and Thursday evening after work last week, then another 18 yesterday and got tee times for 9 tonight after work, 18 on Wednesday and another 9 after work on Thursday

Course has been busy but we have never had to wait on anyone ahead and walked the 18 yesterday in 3hrs 15mins

I’m jealous. The Charleston area has been beyond stupid lately. Last Tuesday tried to make a tee time for Saturday and their earliest one was 3:54

Booked a tee time for after work today. Thunderstorms in the forecast but I’m going out to play.

I’m jealous. The Charleston area has been beyond stupid lately. Last Tuesday tried to make a tee time for Saturday and their earliest one was 3:54
To be honest, since the clubs opened back up here in the UK, my home course has been busy as well, but seeing as we are both working from home we can't play before 5pm anyway during the week, so haven't had any issues booking a tee time for the early evening just to play 9

To be honest, since the clubs opened back up here in the UK, my home course has been busy as well, but seeing as we are both working from home we can't play before 5pm anyway during the week, so haven't had any issues booking a tee time for the early evening just to play 9

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing as well. But it’s so busy you’re still waiting on the tee box

Saturday was the first day of courses being open in Ontario; we managed an 8:24 tee time due to the computer system being down. There was maybe 30 cars in the parking lot when I arrived, and we followed one group out on the Lakes nine. I didn't see another foursome until a solid 45 minutes later (we were playing the fourth hole) By the time we finished four hours later the parking lot was maybe 3/4 full and there was a dozen or so people waiting to check in.
Sunday was a completely different story - we had our usual 7:00 tee time and had a threesome behind us. Otherwise there might have been 3 or 4 groups that I saw elsewhere on the course. I know the forecast hadn't been great for the day, but we've been stuck inside for eight weeks; book the tee time anyway, or when you wake up and see it's not raining call the course for a tee time. Maybe 20 cars in the parking lot when we left at 10:30. Very disappointing considering how long it's been since we've been able to golf, but hey that means easier access for us :p
Too much rain this morning to play which I think is a blessing in disguise because I'm really feeling the effects of the physical activity this morning

I played 27 on Saturday and drove a 290+ yards green for the first time (carried it onto the green). Last night I started removing the heads from the shafts for my uncle's iron build.

They're only letting out twosomes at most courses here so it's actually been hard to get tee-times.

Walked 18. Taking tomorrow off after 4 straight days of this after 2 months of basically nothing.

Closing the clubhouse tonight and was practicing the short game before work

Played, stopped, played again, THP'd, tipped and gripped a couple shafts, and am cleaning them up while I THP and watch the latest youtube vids.

Played 18 in some glorious spring weather in the PNW.

Replaced a battery in my arccos sensor.

Took pictures of 3 pairs of golf shoes I'll eventually get around to listing.

My usual regiment yesterday, putting, then hitting into the net, then back to putting, then hitting into the net. Oh, THPed too. Now rinse and repeat today :cool:

Hit 2 buckets of balls and then spent an hour chipping with my 30-some bag of non-gamer balls. I'll bet I made at least 500 chips. I chipped terribly my last 2 rounds. Yips, chunks, skulls, the whole kit and kaboodle. It got under my skin. Not anger but clarity that I needed to harden my game there. I only practiced with my 60 today, which is new and has particularly given me fits. Yes, I chip more with my 54 but lately the setups have pushed me to the 60. And when that gets wonky, all chipping gets wonky. I start to doubt. I plan on wearing out this 60 by the end of the week! :p I am not going through that chipping hell again.

I took a couple of breaks throughout the day from building some steps to hit balls into the field. Just like that, whatever had been some semblance of a swing for the last couple of weeks is now completely gone. It isn't unexpected, but I was hoping it might last a while longer. As is usually the case, I don't for the life of me know what I do differently between the very good results and the terrible ones. Oh well, time to chase a new swing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have a tee time tomorrow morning and I already know what's in store. At least it'll be a solo round so no one else will have to suffer through it. I love this game!

Counted and QC'd my ZStarXV shipment from lostgolfballs.com' eBay account.

120 4A balls
8 weren't XV
14 didn't meet the 4A condition description

Attachments

• 20200516_164641.jpg
    20200516_164641.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
Counted and QC'd my ZStarXV shipment from lostgolfballs.com' eBay account.

120 4A balls
8 weren't XV
14 didn't meet the 4A condition description

So is that worth it? Seems like 2/10 dozen starts to have an impact on ordering from them. Again you are getting such a discount.

So is that worth it? Seems like 2/10 dozen starts to have an impact on ordering from them. Again you are getting such a discount.

Well, they haven't responded to my request for a partial refund yet. I have not left feedback and wont until they issue a partial refund. If I get refunded for the errors, then I'll leave positive feedback, if they blow me off, I'lleave negative, if they refund me, but not as much as I think is appropriate, then I'll likely leave neutral. I doubt I have anything to worry about.

Heck, at $70, it'd be a steal for 8 dozen. I'm not worried.

Sounds like you are happy with the deal on the 4A balls

Back