What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

18 at Hawk's Landing in Orlando this morning. Course was in great shape and the greens were rolling really well (and fast). If I hadn't rinsed two balls on each of two holes I would have definitely beaten my PB (I'm looking at you #1 and #2 hcp holes... grr). A+ definitely recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2490.JPG
    IMG_2490.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2491.JPG
    IMG_2491.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 21
2 range sessions today to get familiar with the clubs.

Played 36 holes on the Skytrak today. First round was not good and I shot an 82 at Tobacco Road. Second round much better with a 73 at Lahinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 18

Solid practice session this evening.

Put together a couple new shafts with shiny adapters and grips. Get to game one tomorrow, the other is for a real cheap M5 coming Monday.
Watched this year's round 3 at Augusta while I drove around doing bids. Totally safe, btw. There's no traffic in the country. ; )
Narrowed my choices down to 2 on a new travel bag.
Read some THP threads
Set up tee times for tomorrow and Sat. Gotta take advantage of a couple beautiful weather days!

Played 9 after work. Almost had to play the 9th in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finalized an order on 365 dozen cinnamon rolls for our teams annual fundraiser.

Finalized an order on 365 dozen cinnamon rolls for our teams annual fundraiser.

I like cinnamon rolls

Built a rack out of scrap lumber for my simulator. Bought the tubes online cheap. Very cost effective project.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 12
With my new irons I now have 2 gap wedges a 49° and a 52°. I want to keep both, but that means something else has to go. So I am pulling the 7 wood. I really want to keep it in the bag, but for my game the wedges are more valuable.

Waiting for the sun to go down to play in my clubs glow ball aka Sloshfest 2019.

Walked 18

Ordered a new grip from Flux Golf for my Harmony that I won here at THP. Had the option to go with white/bronze, black/bronze, and black/gray. Currently it has the white/bronze but I have decided that white grips just get dirty too quick for me so I went with the black/bronze.

I missed way too many easy putts today and still shot 37/37 - 74 on the par 59 Newport Beach course. My putter is usually my best club, but not today.

Took the entire family to the new TopGolf in Schaumburg, Il to hit some balls!!! Had a great time with the family!! Can’t wait for the official opening day this coming Friday!

Put new spikes in a pair of shoes yesterday, regripped my dad's clubs today. Phasing tomorrow. Hes probably only going to chip and putt, but he'll be stoked to get out of the house and out onto the course.

Didn't get to play today, but my wife and I went to St. Simons to pick up our volunteer uniforms for this month's RSM Classic.

Played in my clubs Red White and Blue tournament. Where you hit 6 from front middle back tees. Me and my partner didn’t do too well. We ended even which was good for 5th place. It didn’t help when I hit a tree on the left edge of the fairway on one hole and we never found the ball.

New wedges showed up just in time to try and sneak some golf in tomorrow morning. Work can wait a few hours if the weather corporates.

Played my new Apex combo, tried to take part in the Live Round thread as much as I could (I need younger golf friends btw, guys 50+ here are like 80 year olds everywhere else when you hand them a phone), commented on a few threads while spending quality time with the wife, and just 'stretched my legs' and cut and gripped them out in the garage.

Played in my club's 2-person scramble.

Played 11 holes. Got the word this is the official end of the season. Played with a PGA guy from an across town course and a good player (about 5 cap). Working (poorly) on recent lesson swing changes I literally topped 3 of my first 4 shots. And it wasn't until the 4th hole that I started to hit the ball reasonably well. Game improved nicely from there. Good bye 2019 outdoor season. After playing I stood at the course and had to force myself to leave.

Hit a medium bucket. Demod the Halo 4h, Super Hybrid 20* and T-Rail 7i with Recoil 95 shaft.

Back