What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Yesterday I played 18 in a work tournament, and of course walked. It was a gorgeous day! Team scramble and we finished second with 10 under.

Today I booked a tee time for a quick 9 before supper and did some new shoe shopping at Budget Golf.

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

Walked 18. First 18 hole round in 3 weeks.

Played king & bear today with some buddies at word golf village. Course was in great shape and played pretty well despite the heavy winds.

played 16...skipped two due to slow play :cautious:...not just slow play...just ******* around with each other which made my first wait almost 10 minutes...skipped past and smoother sailing.

Yesterday I played 18 in a work tournament, and of course walked. It was a gorgeous day! Team scramble and we finished second with 10 under.

Today I booked a tee time for a quick 9 before supper and did some new shoe shopping at Budget Golf.
Got those 9 holes in and ended up running into people I know so tagged up with them. Ended up playing very well and posted a 39.

Hit range balls then played 28 holes!

Watched some YouTube videos on ball striking (I'm lost in the forest and looking for a way out), hit the range for an hour before walking 18, cleaned clubs and bag, made tee times, watched some of the Olympic replay, and THPed.

Short game practice

Still doing backswing drills. Eventually this will become ingrained:D

I THP mizuno experienced the heck out of today and yesterday, and the day before!!

Taking PTO Thursday afternoon, so I scheduled a tee time for Thursday afternoon at a nice course here in Oak Ridge. Then I'll get up and play the 9 hole course and walk it twice Friday morning so I can get in 2 rounds this week, lol.

We had a membership meeting tonight. Plans for repairing the 4 worst greens are slowly getting underway, with talk of potentially rebuilding all of the greens.

It won't be easy to raise the funds for a total rebuild, but it would do wonders to replace the severely sloped ones built in the 50s and 70s.

I have a set of Callaway MD-4 wedges. I've used the hell out of them, but new wedges aren't in the budget at the $169 ea price. So I'd ordered a groove sharpener for $9 from Amazon and refurbished the grooves on them today. It's not difficult. Just find the V shaped one that fits best and go at it. I cleaned them, put a drop or two of gun oil on the surface and went to town. I have a fairly new Cobra 56 wedge and used that as a guide. The grooves feel like a new wedge now, except the texturing between the grooves is worn. I'll get another couple years out of them.

Then I went to the driving range and hit a small bucket.

I have a set of Callaway MD-4 wedges. I've used the hell out of them, but new wedges aren't in the budget at the $169 ea price. So I'd ordered a groove sharpener for $9 from Amazon and refurbished the grooves on them today. It's not difficult. Just find the V shaped one that fits best and go at it. I cleaned them, put a drop or two of gun oil on the surface and went to town. I have a fairly new Cobra 56 wedge and used that as a guide. The grooves feel like a new wedge now, except the texturing between the grooves is worn. I'll get another couple years out of them.

Then I went to the driving range and hit a small bucket.
How did they turn out? I’ve never used on, but I play with a guy who uses a groove sharpener and he swears by it.

From what I understand, it’s important to know what type of grooves you’re wedge has before using the tool - either U or V shaped.

Walked 9 after work tonight and got to test out my new Riptide CB shaft in driver. Was kind of fun trying out a driver that plays at 46” long when I’ve used a 44.5” driver for two seasons.

How did they turn out? I’ve never used on, but I play with a guy who uses a groove sharpener and he swears by it.

From what I understand, it’s important to know what type of grooves you’re wedge has before using the tool - either U or V shaped.

Clubs made after 2013 are all V grooves. I thought they turned out well. There are no sharp edges on the club. There were a couple of places where the original groove was damaged and it put the groove back like it was supposed to be.

I got in 18 before dark last night
20210803_193416.jpg

I spent an hour going down the rabbit hole with Overhand Golf/the Holy Grail swing on YouTube. Hmmm... something to ponder on the range this weekend!

I scoured the net for a TS2 or TS3 21 degree hybrid in decent shape at a decent price. So far nothing grabbing my attention.

Paid for entry into a charity scramble. Now need a team name 🤔

Team Shaggy Bombbastic! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I like where your head is at, but I should note that I will be playing with my wife’s coworkers and this may not get her seal of approval 😆

I like where your head is at, but I should note that I will be playing with my wife’s coworkers and this may not get her seal of approval 😆
Just play Shaggy music and that should woo her over. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back