What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Watching the AT&T Pebble Beach and am going to change a grip after it is over.

Had a golf lesson and got some great tips and drills that may finally get me from coming OTT. Plan to work on it this week at the range and at home...

Today I wished it wasn’t raining and watched a bit of the AT&T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watched the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

Putter for a half hour.

Played 9. Shot a +7, 42 with a double and a triple on the card. No 3 putts, 1 GIR, and 13 total putts. Driving was horrible. Topped my first two. Saved par on the first, but the 2nd was not salvageable.

Last edited:
Stopped in to the new PXG store in Edina, MN today. Might schedule a fitting for their new 0211 Cast irons to see what they’re all about. I did a fitting at 2nd Swing last spring and purchased a combo set of Ping iBlades W-6 irons and i500’s for The 4 and 5 iron. It will need to be a big upgrade for me to consider pulling the trigger, but they are priced right.

Picked up a couple new gloves as I am down to my last one in my bag, rolled a couple putters (Odyssey 10 Triple Track, Bird of Prey, TM Spider S) and Jen picked up some clothing in the sale - Gilet, base layer and polo all for £20

Ordered a counter weight for my Cleveland Frontline Elevado slant neck putter. I need to cut about an inch off the length and I like a little weight above my hands so I'm going to start with 40 grams and see how that feels.

Unfortunately packed up a majority of my golf stuff today. Movers arrive on 3/19 to ship everything to Florida.

Seeing I’m fighting a urinary track infection all I could do was Let @FernDog know he won a Mavrik driver from a contest at RealGolf radio!! Does that count as golf stuff?

Hell yes it does Chuck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doing some THPing during breaks and planning a round for next Monday

walked 9

Unfortunately packed up a majority of my golf stuff today. Movers arrive on 3/19 to ship everything to Florida.

So you get to golf year round from then on? That's unfortunate how exactly?

Set up new bag, had shaft pulled from putter

Only watch the golf channel :drinks:

18 holes with the Vets (old guys like me) at Taupo in 27 degrees, but it was 27C (about 80F). Absolutely gorgeous, cloudless day on a baked out course (serious drought in New Zealand this year). 40 Stableford points was satisfying, but not best of the day by along shot. These old guys can play. One guy in my foresome shot a 74, but then he is a 2 HI. Last hole, I hit a 6 iron into the green from 155 yards, uphill and against a stiff wind. Landed 4' short of the pin and stopped 4' beyond it. How did it not go in? Robbed (again).

18 holes with the Vets (old guys like me) at Taupo in 27 degrees, but it was 27C (about 80F). Absolutely gorgeous, cloudless day on a baked out course (serious drought in New Zealand this year). 40 Stableford points was satisfying, but not best of the day by along shot. These old guys can play. One guy in my foresome shot a 74, but then he is a 2 HI. Last hole, I hit a 6 iron into the green from 155 yards, uphill and against a stiff wind. Landed 4' short of the pin and stopped 4' beyond it. How did it not go in? Robbed (again).
Beautiful piece of our planet, New Zealand. Next time I’m over there I hope to get some golf in! I’d love to play at Cape Kidnappers.

THP'd, shopped Utility irons, set up an appointment in the morning for some nerve and bodywork because I'm not swinging a club right now and that's not the plan, watched School of Golf.

Walked another 9, grabbed some more of the new QSTs (which play really nice)...having some post-op issues so I may have to reschedule my lesson if I’m not feeling better tomorrow :(

Finally dug my putting green out from under all the crap in our bonus (storage) bedroom. It has a few dents and lumps in it now but it still rolls pretty true. Working on getting my stroke back in order using a metal yard stick to make sure I'm starting it on line. I forgot just how much strain putting practice puts on your low back. I definitely need to get back in "golf shape" before the season starts!

THPing this morning, playing 18 indoors this afternoon.

Yesterday decided not to let the rain win. Today I booked 27 holes for Monday. 20200211_114411.jpg

Back