What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Yesterday I fixed the alignment on my Clicgear. I recently got the ewheels and cart was tracking to the right and had to be constantly readjusted on path. After that had my first lesson. Worked on a number of things and we'll see how it goes. When I was done and had hit some more balls I jumped in with some guys and played the back nine.
Today went down and hit a bucket working on the things we went over yesterday. Teacher stopped by and checked on progress, gave some more cues and left me to it. This evening will need to set things up for tournament I'm running tomorrow.

Found out my forged irons were way off at Golf Galaxy. Lie and Lofts were tuned up back to spec. Went to the driving range after and hit some power fades. Good day

Given that all my usual playing partners were busy today, I decided that I would play as Billy Nomates at a course I hadn’t played before ... so I online booked a round at Rusper Golf Club near Crawley (UK). When I drove into the car park, I was the only car and, when I said to the woman there that I had booked a round, she said “that was brave”. Apparently, I was literally the only person on the course. I set off but gave up after three holes ... I had already lost three balls, not from wayward shots, but from balls plugging on the fairway in the unmown grass. Anyway, she gave me a voucher for another round when the weather is better. I tried!

Walked 18 and watched Range Days.

I put a new grip on the Milled Collection 6M

1581549375154.jpeg

1581549398145.jpeg

Played 18 at an indoor track, showed off my THP putter headcovers here on the forum after I got home. ;)

Swing work in the garage after my workout and some THPing

THP’d, watched the live cast, watched some golf on the Telly...

THP'd, watched Dan mic drop, shipped a couple clubs, got the new grip on my stroke lab

20200213_014008.jpg

and now I'm putting on the rug while I watch Yellowstone.

THP’d and got excited about the package that got scanned in at the local postal depot. With any luck it’ll be delivered tomorrow!

Still researching irons and a 14 way bag to replaced my Players 5. Data is coming from Club Champion for my recent fitting and I am exciting to be able to review it all and see what comes out of that.

just got back from my lesson with a new instructor. much better than my first one...granted, I learned a lot during that first lesson but I think that instructor's MO was/is more to get you to see immediate success in your "current construct" with little to no swing modifications...while it did work to get me to getting along better, it didn't really give me a good lesson in fundamentals...which is what I got today. we didn't even touch the woods...matter of fact, I only hit my 7 iron the entire time.

my other instructor didn't talk to me about casting and muscling the club...no real emphasis on weight transfer out of a good, athletic stance...today, I got that lesson and while it was frustrating to not strike the ball very well (he said athleticism and pretty good hand/eye coordination helped to give me some good results doing what I'd been doing, it isn't consistent)

I have a better understanding of how important my backswing is and am learning to slow it down...and the swing feels much smoother and effortless. repeated swings the "right way" felt less stressful on my back...I still need to get the reps in "trust" it but the results already speak for themselves...

after the lesson, I applied that technique to a few driver and cuts and was amazed at how much better I was striking the ball with less effort.

I'll definitely be coming back to this instructor...

Full club cleaning, watched Tiger and now watching LPGA.

Hit balls while my wife had her lesson this evening. And as much THP as I could fit in while at work.

Went to the driving range and spent a lot of time with my Titleist T200 4-iron. Then visited the putting green for a while.

Watched a little of the Genesis open, then practice at the driving range.

Checked the mail - rangefinder from @maxw72 was there! It came QUICK!

I had a session with a TPI certified trainer. Working on gaining strength and better movement in my hips. Only my 2nd session but all ready seeing significant results.

Mostly just THPed most of the day. Was looking at putter headcovers a couple of times during other parts of the day, Not much else to to with this winter weather here in Chicago right now. :rolleyes:

Back