What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Cool! Hope you enjoy it. (y)

Walked 18. Enjoyed the walk but not the terrible playing.

Foresight called me today to talk about their new smart cart push cart. Had asked them some questions about release and price point. Should be out in April and looks like a solid offering!

Last edited:
Walked 18 on my local exec after work. A little rough with the driver off the tee, but I generally hit the ball well today. Missed way too many par putts though.

39fc8f49ff636dd8f5ad8dadf4f35f8c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spent an hour at Club Champion testing shafts

Watched the ladies second round, THP'd, upgraded my swing weight scale, bought a taylormade UDI, watched some of the men's action today, more THP.

Had a lesson mid afternoon went back to work and the to the range with my grandson.

just got back from my lesson with a new instructor. much better than my first one...granted, I learned a lot during that first lesson but I think that instructor's MO was/is more to get you to see immediate success in your "current construct" with little to no swing modifications...while it did work to get me to getting along better, it didn't really give me a good lesson in fundamentals...which is what I got today. we didn't even touch the woods...matter of fact, I only hit my 7 iron the entire time.

my other instructor didn't talk to me about casting and muscling the club...no real emphasis on weight transfer out of a good, athletic stance...today, I got that lesson and while it was frustrating to not strike the ball very well (he said athleticism and pretty good hand/eye coordination helped to give me some good results doing what I'd been doing, it isn't consistent)

I have a better understanding of how important my backswing is and am learning to slow it down...and the swing feels much smoother and effortless. repeated swings the "right way" felt less stressful on my back...I still need to get the reps in "trust" it but the results already speak for themselves...

after the lesson, I applied that technique to a few driver and cuts and was amazed at how much better I was striking the ball with less effort.

I'll definitely be coming back to this instructor...
Also had my first lesson this week. And same deal, a smooth effortless swing instead of trying to kill the ball swinging as hard and fast as I can produces a more consistent shot with the same if not more distance.

Thursday ran my club tournament, tried to use what I learned at lesson. Hit 11 GIR, unfortunately only one bird and had 2 three putt bogeys from that. Problem was on 4 of the other holes had double or worse. Friday read some more of the book "Every Shot Counts". Did some swings in mirror to ingrain the lesson.

Time to break in the new miuras and edels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the ladies second round, THP'd, upgraded my swing weight scale, bought a taylormade UDI, watched some of the men's action today, more THP.
Thinking about upgrading mine. What model did you upgrade to?

Thinking about upgrading mine. What model did you upgrade to?

Just a GolfWorks premium. I'm not in the group that believes swing weight makes a huge difference, but I've been doing so much club work I wanted something a little more solid and easier to check/change level on than my V-Line. I honestly think I'm going to hate the parts tray (who doesn't have a good $10 digital for that?), but it seemed hard to find a good one without it. :confused2:

Looked at some of my spare clubs today to get ready to see if my wife can play. She wants to get out there with me and slap a ball or two around.

Watched some of the Genesis open then did some swing work.

Got to play a bit of TopGolf with my dad. A little rough but nice to swing a bit

Did some testing between the Mavrik Max and Standard heads. Did some indoor putting.

Practiced chipping and putting.

Played a little golf to break in the new irons. Ordered a 3H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver fitting at Club Champion and then hit the rest of the SZ lineup to solidify what I want in bag for MC 2020.

Kids and I went to the course range for some practice time. Got a lesson in with the pro, and toiled away on THP ! :)

Practiced chipping and putting.

Doing some putting work tonight after the kids go down. I've been giving away strokes on the green lately and need to reverse that trend.

Back