What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Swing practice earlier and putting practice tonight to prepare for my round tomorrow

Today was lob wedge practice day for me. From 10 yard chips pitches, and flops, to 60 yard full swings.

Did this off, and on through out the day. My LW is the one club I can use in my yard, using my full swing, and real balls. Probably hit 80-100 balls today.

I was doing some exterior painting on the home. I'd get tired of painting, and go hit balls. Then return to the painting.

Shoot well!!!
Thank you. We are planning to play some fun formats and the last 9 should be competitive. Hopefully I bring a good swing!!

Rode 18 with my brother and friends...front 9 was less than stellar...back 9 only slightly better but it was a fun, uncrowded day

Played 18, spend 1/2 hour after round working with the new puTTer. Cleaned the clubs and shoes.

Played 18, spend 1/2 hour after round working with the new puTTer. Cleaned the clubs and shoes.

I always miss the good news, what putter did you get yourself, sir?

I always miss the good news, what putter did you get yourself, sir?
Another Triple Track, this time a Ten. I put up a review in the TT putter thread.

Another Triple Track, this time a Ten. I put up a review in the TT putter thread.

Like I said I always miss out on the good stuff. How was it rolling for you, sir?

I read your words in the Triple Track thread, happy to hear you got off to a good start with it. :)

Last edited:
Picked up the shaft I got tipped

Played 18 on a local exec course that I haven’t played in a long time.

c1f2943ef02d6c21586288e719c5b253.jpg

That’s the closest I got to a birdie all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the range and worked on the swing change. I'm having a hard time hitting a draw with this swing and it's really frustrating because that's my typical shot shape. I'm hitting a really nice baby fade and that's not a bad shot to hit but it's not a shot that quite fits my eye, yet, and I'm struggling with it.

Went to the short game area and practiced with the 58* wedge. The idea that a high cap shouldn't carry a lob wedge is laughable. I worked for about 45 minutes on short sided shots both with a bunker between me and the pin and without. Practiced both locations with the 58* and 54*. The 58* was by far the better club for those situations.

Somehow, in the midst of my swing change, I'm struggling to hit the driver again. I'm more confident that I'll get it back than I was before but it seems like another 1 step forward, two steps back at the moment. Que sera sera.

Started re-organizing my ferrules, weights, grips, etc., played 18 with the wife (!), won/bought a recoil proto shaft for my TM UDI that gets here Wednesday, THP'd of course, and plan on watching some of today's coverage once the wife goes to sleep.

THPed this morning. Took some photos of my bag and clubs for posting in the WITB thread. Talked with Space Bandito about refurbishing a SC Newport 2.6 cs that I bought off Ebay a week or so ago.

Last edited:
li'l bit of THP, li'l bit of re-broadcasts of the Genesis and Chubbs final arounds...lotta lounging around.

@T0AD and I went to Top Golf for a couple hours followed by a stop by the PGA Tour Superstore before going over to the PXG Fitting center so he could his lies checked on his irons. Fun day!!

Another practice session working on my swing improvements. Went well.
Also a good day of THP.

I felt sore and sent photos from my Tobacco Road round yesterday to golf buddies.

Took the wife out and gave her some instruction on how to grip, put, and short chips. She is learning and I am trying to make it fun and interesting so she can get the most out of it.

After that I walked 11 holes. One week without playing and I feel so out of shape - age is not helping one bit!

Finished 27 holes then did some putting practice when the new putter yesterday. Perfect way to spend a holiday Monday!

Back