What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

THPed part of the day and played GC 2019 this evening. Shot an 81 at Empress Hills.

Practiced in my practice area and hit balls with the launch monitor. Also THPed.

Found out that I had points from Taylormade expiring in 15 days, so I ended up getting 3dz PIX TP-5 balls for $12. First golf-related thing I've been able to do since my vacation this past December and it feels pretty great. Hoping for some normal days ahead this year!

More of the same today. THPed and GC 2019. Shot 80 and 85 in two round of golf. The second round I couldn't sink a putt to save my life. Except for one par 5 where I sank a right to left breaker measuring 37 ft. That was for eagle, :cool:

Got to walk 18 today. I used my Srixon carry bag that I received at The Srixon event 2019 and carried 18 for the first time in a long time. It was a great time and much safer than the grocery store that I went to afterwards.

Went to local course and practiced chipping, pitching, and putting for about an hour. Had about four walkers playing and looked like around two groups of carts, so looked like a decent crowd considering the situation.

Swung really slowly at the range, got some good data from it, boxed up some clubs to ship, sent my wife over to her friends house with a little driver I made for their kid (goodbye present), read some THP, ordered some golf shorts, and tried to convince my wife that my choice for the best apartment to live in temporarily had nothing to do with the fact that it's on a golf course and residents get unlimited play. Read more THP and pondered ways to make my argument sound more convincing.

I hit 40-50 yard LWs today. 110 swings over a 5-6 hour span. I'd hit a few, and then go do something else. Come back, and hit a few more.

This gives me about 430+/- LW swings for the week so far.

I have a "smallish" landing area. Probably 10-12 yards wide. This makes my right/left dispersion a prime concern. Especially if I want to find all the balls I hit.

Did a Superspeed protocol in the backyard. Going to come out of quarantine with some GAINZ!

Chipped and putted in the basement and backyard a little bit.

I went to the local driving range with a bag of 50 shag balls and hit balls then shagged them and hit them again. It was fun.

I did it again today. My son has finally caught the bug at almost 21 and he went over this afternoon and shagged his own balls also. Playing our second full round on Saturday assuming the course is still open.

I did it again today. My son has finally caught the bug at almost 21 and he went over this afternoon and shagged his own balls also. Playing our second full round on Saturday assuming the course is still open.

So are you guys numbering and noting and gps'ing these balls, or is no one else as crazy as I am?

Hit in the net, putted in the mat, and hit about 30 balls on my Par 3 range on the hill. Oh and booked a tee time. It’s a little more than 100 miles each way but I get to play. I’ll try and post in the Live Round thread, looks like a nice course.

I went to the local driving range with a bag of 50 shag balls and hit balls then shagged them and hit them again. It was fun.
Hmmm, wonder if I could get away with that at one of our local courses? There is a local jr college has a small range. The others all have gates that are most likely locked.

Hmmm, wonder if I could get away with that at one of our local courses? There is a local jr college has a small range. The others all have gates that are most likely locked.

This is a pretty big range and I hit off the mats. There is a gate up but tons of people walk around up there. So far I haven't seen anyone else there. My position is I am not doing any damage I am not hitting off grass and tearing things up and I am certainly social distancing.

This is a pretty big range and I hit off the mats. There is a gate up but tons of people walk around up there. So far I haven't seen anyone else there. My position is I am not doing any damage I am not hitting off grass and tearing things up and I am certainly social distancing.
Totally agree. I drove by one range today and they left all the balls out there. ;)

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

THPed off and on all day. Played some more GC 2019. Also trying to patiently wait for my Cobra Forged Tec irons to be delivered.

Setup the outdoor net and finally got to hit some balls outside. Son decided to grab a few of his clubs as well and hit a few. It was good to be out.

20200327_172951_HDR.jpg

Quick 9 this afternoon 🤙

I finally got out and played golf. Felt good to be back on the course

Lesson on the range, putting practice at home. Good news, my home course will remain open for now.

What a great way to spend a late Friday evening. having some Dalmore 15 and playing the old course at St Andrews.

The tee box on the 17th hole at St Andrews (The Road Hole).
The Road Hole_St Andrews.jpg

Had a pretty decent score for 18 holes also.
St_Andrews_Old Course.jpg

Back