What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Removed grips from my irons last night and am going to put new ones on today!

Gonna build up my kid's V Steel 5wd that I acquired for him. Looks like it'll be an Aldila MAX 85x going in it.

Indoor putting, hitting into net (irons, woods, driver), THPed.

Spent an hour on GCQuad working on my hand position at impact. I add loft at impact, and this change will take some ongoing work. I also wanted to see what my revamped driver swing was like in terms of numbers. I have backed off significantly and play tee shots to put the ball safely in play. As I suspected my swing speed is down to 103-105 range from 108-111 this winter. But my consistency and placement are massively improved.

Did drills working on the wrist cup IMG_20200512_200602.jpgand superspeed training...

I’m just about done golfing unless there’s a foursome here. Went out at the local joint for a quick 9 at 6 PM, everyone is up each other’s asses out there.

The order went twosome walking, twosome on cart, me walking, 4some walking. Took 1:50 to play 9 and the 4some was routinely on the box with me. Play is stupid slow right now and I shot a 39. Just no dead times on the course at all currently, jampacked at all times

Putting for about 30 minutes and chipping short game work.

Got a box from the big brown truck containing my 5-iron to complete my set, put it in the bag and cleaned up/organized by bag & clubs. THP'ed. Preordered a pair of the new True Linkswear OG Feel golf shoes, really looking forward to those.

I went and played a round of golf. I was testing out a pretty drastic change to my putting and one round down, it looks like it's helping!

Took 3 old wedges out to the local pro to have re-gripped.

18 holes at work. Such a beautiful night for golf 9A0746B9-5D90-4ADE-8666-FC58B1F6C126.jpeg

3F3D2200-958D-4DC3-B3AC-005837234C8C.jpegLocking up the clubhouse now.

Played nine holes today, first golf in two months. Played crap, three putted most greens but who cares. With no driving ranges open, no golf for eight weeks and the swing was rusty.

But I hope to play on Friday and the driving range is open now...…...…...:D

Played 9 last night after work with Jen, and got another 9 booked for tonight again

It took us 2 hours from leaving the house to drive to the course, walk 9 and drive back home again and put our clubs etc away, as the locker rooms aren't available for use at the moment - this was despite the tee sheet being completely full all day and it takes us about 10 minutes to drive to the course
We walked the 9 holes in around 1hr 20mins

My swing is an absolute mess, but somehow I still managed at least 5, possibly 6 pars (I can't remember as wasn't keeping score, just glad to be back out there) with a few greens that had just been hollow cored and sanded
We can see the work that has been going on, and even though it isn't all finished yet, the course is looking very good with the enforced break - which has also meant they have been able to do more work due to nobody on the course, so the planned maintenance is ahead of schedule for this year again

Getting ready for round 4 with my pops. Hoping to play well, but fun will be had!

Went up to the practice green yesterday and focused mostly on putting and some chipping. Really putting some time in on this, hope to see some results, but this is golf and you never know.

Played in our first men’s day event that goes every Wednesday through August. I didn’t have my “A” game and made a couple of dumb doubles and had a three putt from 20 feet, lol. The highlight was an eagle on the 15th hole - our longest(552 yard) and toughest par 5. I almost reached the green with my 3 wood from 263 yards and the chip in from 35 feet was worth a gross skin that will give me $75-$150 in clubhouse credit which I’ll likely use on a new pair of Oakleys.

THPing, played some GC 19 and put a Bettinardi SS #14 up for sale in the Marketplace.

check THP.:cool:
Get text message confirming tee time for Saturday (y) Sunday (y) AND Monday :love:.
return to THP to post this:p

Played 18 to test out weighting in the 8 iron I put together to figure out what the other head weights need to be in the set. Then came home and finished building the rest of the 5i-PW set.

THPing.. Opening golf packages that arrived.

Played 18 with some good people. Practiced swings. And cleaned the golf pants as they were mudddy

Played 18 walking.

Hit two buckets at the range with my boy. Finished building his V Steel that we picked up off eBay. Shipped out a set to a THPer.

Back