What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I listened to a couple of golf podcasts, went to the driving range, and got contact info for an instructor who was at the range. :D

Played 18 and came home and practiced chipping. I was not happy with my chipping today.

only golf thing today was shipping off a couple of Clubs i sold

Hit a small bucket of balls with the driver. Went very we today. Practiced putting for a few minutes. Also looked over the course that I am playing tomorrow. Looking forward to it. It is a long course with a much higher slope than I've played.

I'm reviewing the course layout for the round I have booked this Friday. It looks like this will be one of the most difficult courses I have played. Interestingly, it has a par 6, which I have never come across before.
If it's Mystic make sure you keep your ego in check and play the correct set of tees. This course is full of forced carries off the tee and if you let your ego choose you will suffer for the remainder of the day. The 10th hole par 6 that you are referring to is pure target golf. IIRC three individual sections of fairway. Good luck and have fun!

I listened to a couple of podcasts this morning (I was behind on offcourse) and dreaming of getting my irons back. I'm really hoping I get the email tomorrow, I'm looking more forward to having them with steel shafts than I was when I was originally waiting for them. That doesn't make sense. I'm more excited to get them back with steel shafts than when I was awaiting them originally in graphite?
I was seriously contemplating sneaking out tomorrow sometime to get some golf in (it's been a LONG week) but it looks like it may be another long day.

If it's Mystic make sure you keep your ego in check and play the correct set of tees. This course is full of forced carries off the tee and if you let your ego choose you will suffer for the remainder of the day. The 10th hole par 6 that you are referring to is pure target golf. IIRC three individual sections of fairway. Good luck and have fun!
It is! Point well taken. I'm playing with my wife so I'm actually debating playing the tees with her.

It is! Point well taken. I'm playing with my wife so I'm actually debating playing the tees with her.
I haven't played it in a couple of years, but if I can offer you any advice silver is plenty of course for a mid-80s shooter. It's unfortunate that they don't appear to offer another option that's slightly less; even the silvers have a couple of 200 yard carries off the tee. Maybe use the forward tees for the holes that you're not comfortable on the carry and use the silvers for the rest? Do whatever is necessary to enjoy yourself. This course can eat you up if you let it. Forecast looks great - go out and have some fun.

Took third in a scramble with a 52...we had two pars.

18 holes of golf with an awesome foursome. Great time & one hell of a round I had.

Went to the chiropractor to get adjusted so I CAN do something golf related soon

Opened up my shirt package from #Budget.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

THPing the morning. Have tee time at 11:00 this morning. The boss has let me out for good behavior, as this has been moving week. Not really I think she just wants a few hours of peace and quiet. :laughing:

Last edited:
1pm MST tee time at Black Bull golf course. My buddy Gary and I are challenging two course newcomers to a match. We played them 2 weeks ago on my home course. By hc numbers they should give us a couple of strokes, but since Gary and I are older and wiser, :rolleyes: I think we'll man up and play 'em even. I may post a few pics and updates in the live round thread.

Made a tee time for Sunday. Going to be almost 80 degrees. It was in the 50s when I played last Sunday, so I'm going to appreciate the warm up.

Walked 9 after work

Putt putt

Played 18. Went to DSG to see if they had any good deals (no). Ordered 2 dozen balls from OnCore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorted all of my tees into colors and lengths and followed that by sharpening each point and then putting a nice coat of lacquer to protect the paintwork.

Basically a repeat of yesterday. Walked 18 and came home and practiced. Oh and I may have signed a putting green install contract for my back yard.

Lots of THPing and some retail therapy.

Basically a repeat of yesterday. Walked 18 and came home and practiced. Oh and I may have signed a putting green install contract for my back yard.
Can't wait to see that!!!!

Can't wait to see that!!!!
You and me both buddy. So excited. This quote was more but he was way more informative. 10 on the stump is what I went with. 4 holes total. All aluminum for cups and flag.

You and me both buddy. So excited. This quote was more but he was way more informative. 10 on the stump is what I went with. 4 holes total. All aluminum for cups and flag.
Sweet!! You will have to get that is own thread.

Back