What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Great clinic today. 3 of us, 1/2 hour warm up and them 2 holes with the Pro, green reading.

Played 18 and took my first shot at the Live Round thread, THP'd.

Driving range today swinging my D-7W probably 60-70 range balls, while aiming my ball flights between two range pole yardage markers. Maybe a 30 yard wide diy fairway. Did ok I guess.

A young lady set up next to me accompanied with her swing instructor. I was hearing bits, and pieces of his instruction. Sounded like he knew his stuff. At one point he tells the Lady to "swing like this guy". I look up, and he's referring to me.

I laugh a little, saying "you don't want to swing like me". He goes on to say "no, you I have decent swing". So I showed the Lady my driver swing.....twice. Actually hit the ball pretty well both times, I did.

After that, I meandered over to the putting green. Stroke a few balls. As usual the holes weren't cut large enough.

After the putting green, I went to the short game area, and hit some 100 yard PW shots. This was a pleasent surprise, since I don't usually hit my PW that far. Dispersion was a little off, but not too bad.

Just a good day of practice.

Driving range today swinging my D-7W probably 60-70 range balls, while aiming my ball flights between two range pole yardage markers. Maybe a 30 yard wide diy fairway. Did ok I guess.

A young lady set up next to me accompanied with her swing instructor. I was hearing bits, and pieces of his instruction. Sounded like he knew his stuff. At one point he tells the Lady to "swing like this guy". I look up, and he's referring to me.

I laugh a little, saying "you don't want to swing like me". He goes on to say "no, you I have decent swing". So I showed the Lady my driver swing.....twice. Actually hit the ball pretty well both times, I did.

After that, I meandered over to the putting green. Stroke a few balls. As usual the holes weren't cut large enough.

After the putting green, I went to the short game area, and hit some 100 yard PW shots. This was a pleasent surprise, since I don't usually hit my PW that far. Dispersion was a little off, but not too bad.

Just a good day of practice.
Sounds like a great day at the range!

Walked 18 on a chilly foggy day.

Great clinic today. 3 of us, 1/2 hour warm up and them 2 holes with the Pro, green reading.
That sounds interesting.

Rolled some putts at the house. Made less with my gamer than the tank cruiser and my trusty nike method mod. I think I'm gaming the tank this weekend first time in YEARS.

THP’d and watched the Sentry TOC.

THP, some body repair, organized some course data, watched the Sentry and got super jealous, and am trying to decide what clubs to play tomorrow in the freezing cold.

20210108_001245.jpg

Decided.

THP.
Thought about going to the range.
Mailed off some trade in clubs (driver and older irons) that I had laying around.

I had the driving range to myself on a chilly night20210107_190807.jpg

That sounds kind of nice. Peaceful, or eerie?
Peaceful.. There was one guy finishing up when I started hitting. I hit decently well and the swing is progressing. I finished and realized I was still the only one hitting and they started closing up when I left.

Buddy and I played a fun round on the sim. New course for us, The Farms on GCQuad. Great fun sim course. Good test for driver.

Afterwards I hit the HMP again. Shop was unpacking a new set with blackout PX LZ shafts. Looked good. So I grabbed the fitting head with 6.5 LZ shaft and hit about 25 shots. Nice to get a good average across a range of strikes. I like the solid feel and forgiveness. I did struggle to control the right to left, and distance control is not what I would like. I think I can finally let it go as an option.

Played 18 on my buddy's new simulator

56766F29-B72A-4B84-94F6-FB79C9D09212.jpeg

Swung an iron today for the first time in my life. Indoors though. :D
I'll give it a good go outside tomorrow.

Just received a notification from UPS that I have something heading my way from Bridgestone Golf. I know I didn’t order anything, well at least I don’t think I did. 🤔

Spent about an hour hitting an old Hogan forged 6i blade I keep around.

The lie angle, I had to adjust with my grip, and the loft was no different.

I wanted to see how this blade would stack up against my game improvement 6i cavity back gamer I play.

Long story short, I ended the session knowing I can hit a blade, while getting a little more distance, but no real difference in horizontal dispersion. I actually stopped some balls on the 10' diameter practice green.

A couple more sessions like this will answer a lot of questions I have about hitting blades.

Played a good 18, now THP’ing and watching the Sentry TOC.

THP, played 18, did NOT hit new clubs, tried to satisfy some internet idiots, Off Course, and waiting for the wife to go to sleep to watch the Sentry.

Last edited:
Back