What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Got my daughters clubs ready for tomorrow. She is pretty excited for her first golf clinic/lesson tomorrow. Then we watched a little bit of golf.

Gave my clubs a good cleaning, they needed it after playing in soggy fairways yesterday.

Seeing as we are in the midst of winter golf i decided to do old school. I can't say how old, i would guess 1980ish. I grabbed the driver and 7 iron, Tommy armour silver scott, that had been in my farther in law's bag. I really liked the driver, so much so i am going to regrip it. Tee the ball really low, sweep into it and i really like the low penetrating flight. The danger is getting the tee touch too high and skying the ball, or worse going nearly under it. The 7 iron, well i have no need to ever hit that again. I swear the leading edge is sharp. I took divots like 8 inches long, lol. A fun experiment

Attachments

• IMG_52391.jpg
    IMG_52391.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Booked flights for an April golf trip. 🙌🏻

Thoroughly cleaned all clubs.

I think she is ready...I came back in from cooking & she stole one of my THP towels & my favorite THP putter cover!!! That girl!!!
14A42929-F8FE-4D5B-815A-BD30B501FA54.jpeg

Updated the Tiburon Black thread and now watching the Sentry finish.

20210110_185041.jpg

I pounded a Honma TW-X 3 iron off the tee on the way to a bunch of birdies, THP, booked a round for when the weather clears, and watching the last of the Sentry and reading about everyone's excitement for new clubs and fresh golf for 2021. It's a good day.

Last edited:
THP’ing and watching the Sentry.

Hit PW out into the bean stubble and 52 wedge back up towards the house for about an hour. Sunny with next to no wind and 32 degrees didn't feel bad at all.

Since it was snowing for the first time in 4 years I had some buddies over to play Kapalua on the sim. I love having my sim for days like today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Practiced my club twirl for the first time. Really feeling good about it.

Regripping wasn’t nearly as terrifying as I built it up to be in my head!
CBA4D89A-AEED-4539-903B-01BB02D7CE2A.jpeg

I continue the long arduous process of removing items from the garage that are no longer needed and locked in storage. I routinely ask myself - "Why do we have this?!?"

How is this "golf stuff" you may ask? Well now that heat has been added to the garage - (much needed in this vast wasteland of cold reminiscent of Hoth) - I continue to move towards the path of indoor golf within my household. Conversations with upper management went much better than expected and we are in agreement that it would/could be useful for the family and our girls.... So the quest of trying to find a unit now remains as well as securing the other components as well. But there is hope!

Have a great day THPers!

Heading to watch my daughter have her first golf lesson. I will be doing some blind ball testing.

rode 9 after a month off...

Waited 2 hours for a frost delay, but then got out as a single ahead of everyone with a cart. 2hr 15 minute round! so, ended up taking 4hrs and 15 minutes, which is a respectable time for a public course. 3 birdies, including a 40 foot chip in with a 9 iron from off the green on 18. What a great way to end.

It was breezy, and cool in my area.today. Decided to stay indoors.

Re-read parts of some of my golf books.

Re-read the article on Major Nesmith, a POW in Viet Nam who played golf everyday of his incarceration.....in his mind. Even varied his playing conditions. He did this to keep his mental health.

A pretty decent tribute to the mental game side of golf.

Played 18, THP'd.

Reinstalled and re-synced Arccos sensors (cats mixed them up for me :cautious:) after regripping. One sensor wouldn’t sync which is disappointing considering they’re only 4 months old.

I THP'd, swung a bunch of Ping's, pulled some heads, and am currently trying to figure out what clubs to play tomorrow. I was going to play the ZX7, but I think @Snickerdog might get a little teary-eyed about not having his if I do.

So I'm torn between taking the MIM's or P7MC's,

and playing the ZX7, and like, taking a picture of the clubs and I sitting on a bench with my dog (with a Snickers in his vest), basking in our score and enjoying a nice jug of milk with our post round cookies or something...

It's a coin toss. :p

I THP'd, swung a bunch of Ping's, pulled some heads, and am currently trying to figure out what clubs to play tomorrow. I was going to play the ZX7, but I think @Snickerdog might get a little teary-eyed about not having his if I do.

So I'm torn between taking the MIM's or P7MC's,

and playing the ZX7, and like, taking a picture of the clubs and I sitting on a bench with my dog (with a Snickers in his vest), basking in our score and enjoying a nice jug of milk with our post round cookies or something...

It's a coin toss. :p
I say go ZX7, whole milk and chocolate chip cookies.

Back