What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Walked 18

Today was organizing the collections. So through the year I toss my scorecards and pencils and yardage books on top of the cabinet. So today was inputting those into their proper place......When I started to do it, I thought it's time to review and reorganize everything......7 hours later....I have my stuff in best shape it has been in quite a while. Scorecards from 807 courses organized. About 400 yardage books, I put 3 new pencils on my pencil board. On the very bottom of it I have pencils from closed courses. Nansemond River closed 12/31/20....Sad. And 3 new courses I played Hollywood, Kinloch and May River joined my board of 143 pencils. Now 144 with Nansemond River added. Other 3 replaced others who fall off the board.

Golf stance setup drills as per True Motion program. THP'd.

70 degrees here today, played 18. Wind kicked up on the back nine, but still a nice day overall. Did some THP'ing this afternoon/evening.

It was a THP kind of day today! Enjoyed both of the Mizuno live streams!

Played, tuned in/watched all the THP content, bought some putter grips, and put together a 3rd putter to go with the 3rd main bags I'm going to rotate while we get moved in to the new house. Convenience seems necessary. Grab a bag that's ready to go, and just go. Also cleaned those sets as I put them together, just to make @Snickerdog proud.

Played a quick nine with the fiancé in 30+ mph winds today. Haven't played in winds this strong in quite a while. Always makes for some fun highlights:

-Drove it greenside on a 300 yard par 4 with my 3-hybrid (downwind) and chipped in for eagle
-Well-struck drive against the wind: 230 yards
-Well-struck drive with the wind: 422 yards (longest drive I've ever hit, confirmed by Garmin GPS)

And....the highlight of the day: fiancé hit a great tee shot on a straight-downwind par 3 right over the pin, ending up about 15 feet past the hole on the fringe. I told her to hit it firm as she's was putting straight back into the wind, and it was slightly uphill through the fringe. She gave it a good whack, stopping about 4 feet past the hole. I get ready to hit my putt, and she starts laughing "it's still rolling!" as the wind gusted again. Ball starts trickling backwards towards the hole, steadily rolling until it catches the lip of the cup and drops in for the birdie.

I've played golf for a long time in very windy areas (grew up in Las Vegas) and have never seen a ball roll back ~4 feet on a flat putting surface. We were both going crazy when it dropped, and the smile didn't leave her face for the rest of the round :ROFLMAO:

Played 18 holes while listening to THP live with Mizuno on my new bone conduction hearing aids. ;)

Got out yesterday mid day for some chipping and short pitch practice.

walked 9...that mighta been a little amibtious at this stage of post-op 😕

Totally pulled something in my neck when putting my new golf hitting net up at home. It’s super ironic that I pull it on some low stress activity like that.

Just watched some golf & Jack

Played 18 holes in a cool, damp, NE wind. Wind was enough to bend the flag pins a little f they were out in the open. 1-2 clubs

I went to the course to practice. Saw that all the fair weather golfers had stayed home, and that the first 5 holes were empty. Figured why not just play. Pretty much had the first 15 holes to myself.

Found out the course had raised their green fees a little.

Didn't keep score as I played a lot two ball. Sometimes 3 approach shots inside 150 yards.

Just a lot of messing around with different clubs, and ball lie situations. Lots of reminders. I also compared some slightly used PV-1s to new e6 balls. No real difference.

Got off the 18th green at 3pm, and the drizzling rain showed up a 5:30. 2nd day of rain for our area in close to 270+ days.

Made the 5 1/2 hour drive to start my Vegas golf vacation tomorrow.

Dreary, rainy day, just THP'd a bit.

Played, watched THP Live, picked up a gap wedge, hit a crapload of SIM's, THP Live, tried to organize some gear to be ready to play at a moment's convenience because planning is out the window for about a week, THP.

Watched THP live and now catching up on here

Back