What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Well I did it yesterday, but finally finished my frame for my golf net in the backyard. I want something I can leave up 24/7.

10'x10' in the middle with 4' wings

The net should be here next week and I just need to add a golf mat which I hope to get in the next month.20210119_122901.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Followed the live streams and now THPing

Chipping and putting in the basement along with a ton of final research on the final pieces to buy for my sim build.

live streamed...walked 9...contemplated

Played 18 holes of "1/2 naked" golf today. In other words it's winter, and I was wearing shorts, and short sleeves.

Play 54 holes this week. 36 in difficult weather.

Just had a good day of all around ball striking for a 79.

Yeah, I missed a 5 foot putt for a 78. Probably could of hit a better chip for 77. Figured why be greedy. First time to break 80 this year. Good enough.

Since I wasn't layered up in clothing, I was able to put my best tempo/timing swing on the ball. No swing restrictions. Even saw some extra yardages on the few clubs I used. I only used 7 clubs.

Hard not to enjoy this one day of great weather. Another storm is due in this weekend. Weather Gal says there's a possibility of snow in the Vegas Valley. We're a little higher up, so maybe.

Checking in for my daily 30! Getting worse 😢 Seem to be pushing most of my putts right, anyone got any remedies for that? (aside from more practice and not doing it!)
Chirp1.png

I am about to head out for a lesson. Have made some nice swing changes going back to last fall, but there are some things I'm just not getting. Hopefully Woody can point me in the right direction. I may also hit some clubs again afterwards because I am a total freaking gear nerd. :D

Spent the morning so far moving things around in my man-cave. Getting things ready for the final two items and my man-cave will be complete. Both are almost completed, so hopefully in another week or two. One pic of the golf club corner.

20210122_120446.jpg

Missed srixon live due to lesson. But great lesson. Little things. I was too close to ball (again) and also wasn’t getting a full weight transfer to left leg. Adjust setup and a few walk through swings. Back in action.

Hit the sim2 again with an rdx smoke something. That’s a good setup for me. 👍

So I just finished off my home simulator last night. Been wanting one for a while found a great deal from a guy selling his Skytrak, Alienware PC, Carls Premium Screen, and Skytrak FMJ. Really was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Built my own hitting bay along with my own hitting mat that includes a DIY strike plate that provides some give as I hit down on the ball. Still may upgrade to the 4x10 Fiberbuilt though. Also going to add some green faux turf but the leftover carpet and carpet pad that we've had for 8 years is finally useful.

My wife was a bit skeptical when I first purchased and started the build on Tuesday night - however after she spent an hour hitting shots, along with both of my daughters last night - I saw some big smiles and excitement... I don't think it's going anywhere for a while.

The only thing left to do is add some extra protective fabric to the right side (prevent the dreaded S*@#&$) as well as an on/off switch for the lighting. Otherwise, I'm pretty excited and happy. Figure I'll see if Coeur d'Alene Golf Resort is on TGC2019 tonight and see if I can hit the floating green since it's proved difficult during the Showcase.

Thank you to all those that have posted information in the forums in the past. It's proved helpful and answered many questions.

Here are some pics of the finished product.
E7D3B9CD-532B-4C85-8C95-2743FD3D7B5F_1_105_c.jpeg
B98FA366-A7B4-4820-9AE2-9D2F48A35300_1_105_c.jpeg09DF9483-D905-4A8E-8563-41A9533D6266_1_105_c.jpeg

So I just finished off my home simulator last night. Been wanting one for a while found a great deal from a guy selling his Skytrak, Alienware PC, Carls Premium Screen, and Skytrak FMJ. Really was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Built my own hitting bay along with my own hitting mat that includes a DIY strike plate that provides some give as I hit down on the ball. Still may upgrade to the 4x10 Fiberbuilt though. Also going to add some green faux turf but the leftover carpet and carpet pad that we've had for 8 years is finally useful.

My wife was a bit skeptical when I first purchased and started the build on Tuesday night - however after she spent an hour hitting shots, along with both of my daughters last night - I saw some big smiles and excitement... I don't think it's going anywhere for a while.

The only thing left to do is add some extra protective fabric to the right side (prevent the dreaded S*@#&$) as well as an on/off switch for the lighting. Otherwise, I'm pretty excited and happy. Figure I'll see if Coeur d'Alene Golf Resort is on TGC2019 tonight and see if I can hit the floating green since it's proved difficult during the Showcase.

Thank you to all those that have posted information in the forums in the past. It's proved helpful and answered many questions.

View attachment 8989764
View attachment 8989765View attachment 8989772

Very nice, man!!! Great looking setup. I envy you. Also being that your wife and daughters all share a passion for the game of golf.
Bravo Zulu!!!

Very nice, man!!! Great looking setup. I envy you. Also being that your wife and daughters all share a passion for the game of golf.
Bravo Zulu!!!
Thank you. It's been fun watching my oldest begin to learn how to crush it. 8th grader hitting 210-220 this last summer when she connected.

I bought a TaylorMade M CSG 4 Iron to complete the set of irons I bought recently. I don't particularly need it but I just had it in my head to have the full set. Had to order it in the US via eBay though so the postage was painful. I did manage to keep it within my maximum budget per club of £100. I also bought a TaylorMade Burner TP driver on eBay. This was coming off the back of the TaylorMade driver thread I made a couple of days ago. Again, I don't need it as I have nowhere to play at the moment but I just wanted a driver in my hands to have a swing.
That is definitely it for the moment as far as buying clubs. I am now very happy with my clubs, bag and gloves. It's time to start practising within my limited means.

s-l1600.jpg

Great looking setup!! Congrats on the install!

walked 18...the back 9 was pretty empty so it was a nice walk with no distractions.

I hit the range after work for a couple of hours just to try and thrash off some of the week’s frustrations. Going to sit and catch up on all the livestreams tomorrow..

Spent some time on the Cobra site looking at all the wonderful Radspeed.

Just a bunch of THPing and some putting for me

THP, played, listened to live stream, moved a bunch of clubs over to the house, got some grips delivered, inquired about some lost in transit shafts, watched the live stream, and am gathering up more stuff to take over.

Had a great session today working on path. Also spent an hour chipping and then finished up putting. I worked on putting from off the green since that scenario comes up for me so much and I never practice it. We are expecting lots of rain for the next 4 days so most likely my round tomorrow is not happening.

I went to the range to get acclimated to my new SIM x Smoke Green combo but shin splints hit me hard and ended up working on getting a smooth 3 wood swing.

Back