What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Back home, I spent a hour on the sim at my favorite local establishment. Played La Jolla. Game is in good shape for this point in the year. Mostly need spend time dialing in partial wedge distances and there are still a few over-swings that don't help. Need to keep looking for my focused calm. Good luck with that GB. I have 2 hours scheduled for Fri morning and will do some swing work.

Rolled the new Mizuno putter shapes. V is tempting. Great feel and nice roll. Funny that I didn't see these anywhere while in Colorado.

THP’d, pondering, and hit a bucket of balls. I’m a bit surprised that my driver (which is from 1997) performed the best today.

My ponder is for irons and/or lessons. My web fitting from Ping suggests that I need a 2-3* flatter lie on irons and mine are super old anyway. The question is whether to wait to buy irons after a lesson package or to go ahead and get a set with some customization prior to lessons.

49 degrees and a clean mat? Good enough for me!

9DDBF88B-AB99-4561-89F5-E1C3C0EF0D52.jpeg

When I first opened this thread today the post immediately above was cut off just showing the very top of the area cleaned off for the mat. My immediate thought was someone used an ice fishing hole to hit pitch shots from the snow!

O and I'm heading over to the range right now. Sunny and 70+ degrees.

30 minutes of pitching practice and swinging the orange whip.

When I first opened this thread today the post immediately above was cut off just showing the very top of the area cleaned off for the mat. My immediate thought was someone used an ice fishing hole to hit pitch shots from the snow!

Haha that’s essentially what I was doing 💀

Coached my ass off!

Signed up for my first round of lessons. Ever. Time to get the game back in shape and get rid of this OTT swing for good.

40*F today but no problem in a Heated driving range with Top Tracer. Played Torrey Pines and got some yardages on my new to me Super Hybrid.

Time to get the game back in shape and get rid of this OTT swing for good.

Best of luck to you. Getting rid of OTT is my goal for 2021.

I hit putts inside for about 3 hours. I’m going back to a long putter and the journey has begun. After just a couple days of practice (I haven’t used one since 2005) I’m very encouraged that my putting can improve this season.

Started with the orange whip, about 100 balls on the range, chipping practice in the yard, elliptical for 45 mins and then 30 mins stretching and strengthening the back. Then the usual THP and surfing golf gear to round out the day.

Best of luck to you. Getting rid of OTT is my goal for 2021.
I've lived with it my entire golf career, even got down to mid single digit handicap with it. Going to be a very hard habit to break but I'm confident I can do it.

I've lived with it my entire golf career, even got down to mid single digit handicap with it. Going to be a very hard habit to break but I'm confident I can do it.

We have the same story. I have struggled with OTT for as long as I played golf. I had an 11-12 handicap for almost 15 years. I’m probably going to try lessons this Spring for the first time since 2002.

We have the same story. I have struggled with OTT for as long as I played golf. I had an 11-12 handicap for almost 15 years. I’m probably going to try lessons this Spring for the first time since 2002.
I've always known it was going to take time and dedication to fix it, of which I didn't have nor the desire. I'm there now. Life has been simplified to family, work, golf, travel, and volunteering. That is it. I've got enough time each week to tackle those 5 items.

Hit 42, 6i shots today to one of those 10' foot practice green.

Had people behind me, so I couldnt back up. Most of the balls went farther than the flag,

Most of the balls were in line with the green's width.

Just a nice sunny day outdoors.

Left work early and played 18.

Lots of club orders, backed out of going to the range for physical reasons, booked some bodywork, caught up on THP reading.

Played in the final week of regular season winter league. Locked up the top spot in our division and are in the playoffs next week!

Woke up, checked the order status for my Apex Pro's and Jaws wedges on Callaway website, looked at the THP Apex thread, logged on for work from home, checked the Callaway site again, checked THP Apex thread again, did those two things repeatedly throughout the work day and checked my personal email multiple times for a tracking number from Callaway. Logged off from work and went to driving range and played Harding Park in my head. Got home, checked Callaway website for an order update, looked at THP Apex thread and checked my email for shipping notification. Tomorrow will most likely be more of the same.

Played 18 and THP'd.

Back