What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

2021 golf membership procured. Looking forward to making up for the lack of playing last year. Time for the snow to melt and this show to get on the road.

Hit w/my PW & 9i in the garage into the net for 20mins (roughly 50 total hits) 1st time in a month & felt good... getting the spring time/golf itch ... and now sitting on the sofa watching a full day of Golf on the GolfChannel (off day from work 😉)

Made a tee time.... about an hour from now!

TIME TO

I did some fiddling around with trade in values on Rock Bottom. I’ve got my eye on a set of Cleveland UHX irons.

Put new grips on two putters I plan on never using. The grips were $1.49 each on amazon so I figured why not.

Came back to THP forums for the first time in quite awhile :)

Played 18 under windy conditions and now I'm here!

Finalized some orders, THP, PLAYED (Yay!), and cleaned up the the clubs while watching today's coverage.

I sold my Rogue Driver a few days ago and put the money towards a Sim Max 10.5 w/ Hzrdous Smoke Yellow 6.0 from GlobalGolf.

I know it’s just a 2020 model, but I’m stoked to have it in hand on Saturday.

Superspeed training, worked out, hit 125 putts, THP and watched golf channel.

Played 18 yesterday. Tried out my new SGI Maltby Ke4 irons I built. Temps in mid-50s 5 mph breeze and sunshine, had great time.

Mashed balls on the sim range and played a sim round.

Played Congressional on GCQuad. One tee back from the tips. Shot a 79. OK, but I am mostly happy with how I played. Started out +5 after 5 and then ended up +7. Lost most strokes on the greens -- a few of those are tricky -- and had some fun in the trees on a couple of holes where my attempted fade or draw with driver didn't do its job. :p

Played 18 and shot a new PB, THP'ing and watching some of the Concession now.

Met @J.B. Cobb III at the range and had a great time chatting with him while trying to tame my snap hook. Did really well until the end when maybe my swing got a little tired. But overall pleased with the results.

Played 19 with 3 semi strangers, at their request. I was practicing with my LW, and they needed a 4th. One came over and asked me if I wanted to join them.

We are all familiar with each other by sight. Now we know each others names.

Yes, I said "played 19". One of them owed the rest of us a post round pitcher of beer at the 19th hole. 4 pitchers later, we got rides home. So yeah, played 19.

Shot an 84, and 8 glasses of Sam Adams Lager for my effort.

Played 19 with 3 semi strangers, at their request. I was practicing with my LW, and they needed a 4th. One came over and asked me if I wanted to join them.

We are all familiar with each other by sight. Now we know each others names.

Yes, I said "played 19". One of them owed the rest of us a post round pitcher of beer at the 19th hole. 4 pitchers later, we got rides home. So yeah, played 19.

Shot an 84, and 8 glasses of Sam Adams Lager for my effort.
THAT sounds like a good day at the course!

Played 36 holes on the sim. Played Raven and Bay Hill

Cleaned my clubs so I can finally get out tomorrow

Did a little driver “fitting” today for giggles.

On GC4. Had some nice ball speeds for not having hit a golf club for quite some time. Max was 164 which I was quite happy with. Mostly around 160. Swing speed was around 110.
I actually hit the Max LS quite poorly, BUT i hit it at the very beginning of my warmup. And sadly I got wrapped up in trying shafts and forgot to go back to the LS once warmed up. 🤦‍♂️
I was mostly just messing around.
I was also gassed after about 40mins of smacking tons of setups.

Take aways:
The VA Nemesys shaft is pretty awesome and I seemed to hit it great in any head I combined it with. They only had the stiff flex which was maybe a smidge soft.
The Ventus black in 6S was also really good for me.

Callaway LS was very low spin for me. We moved on early and I neglected to revisit it before getting too gassed. I think if I bump the loft up a degree or two it will work well.

Ping G425 Max - the sound didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would. Thing I didn’t love is the face looked closed to my eye. Hit this one well.

Titleist TSi2 - 10 degree. very good. I own one, so it wasn’t as intriguing...lol. So good though!

TSi3 - 11 degree!!!! this one produced some bombers for me and I hit it the most. Paired with the nemesys or the Ventus black gave me some really nice numbers.

Epic Max - hit it pretty well, but it went left on me a few times. Note: didnt take the time to move the weight toe side, which likely would have helped.

I didn’t use up all the time allotted as I was pretty damn tired. The fitter actually ended up not making me pay. Nice little random Bday gift. He didnt know it was my Bday, just a nice gesture.

I also hit the Fuji Daytona shaft. Had never hesrd of it. Very good! When he told me the price I moved on though! Lol

Just got back from picking up my gear for The Players...
2CA87147-E535-4AA7-B23E-480948C5E742.jpeg

Stopped trying to find an open course to play this weekend...

...booked a driver fitting for next weekend.

Back