What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Reserved my spot in the Morgan Cup!

Walked 18

Since I'm having a wedge fitting on Wednesday I stopped by the Par 3 to do a little short game work.

Gripped up my Apex Pro/MMT irons and my reshafted Ping Redwood.

Since I'm having a wedge fitting on Wednesday I stopped by the Par 3 to do a little short game work.

which wedges are you looking at?

Don't know, I'm wide open to what they suggest. My short game is my strong suit so I figure it's time to put some money into good equipment. Do you have any suggestions?

Worked out and then some super speed training... Gotta get in better habits using this tool.

Don't know, I'm wide open to what they suggest. My short game is my strong suit so I figure it's time to put some money into good equipment. Do you have any suggestions?

I really like my Vokeys but for some reason I'm leaning toward the King Cobra with Snakebite grooves. Can let you know when they are delivered

Worked on getting my final bag selection for The Morgan Cup. Played 9 holes and browsed some reviews on THP

Garage session working on new drills and partial swings

Did some golf shopping...and a lot of THPing!!!

Made a golf spreadsheet. Golf is the best and so are spreadsheets!

Doing a little THPing and having a good day until I got the quote for my daughter's dress/outfits for her two national pageant competitions this summer. A little depressed now. Truck lift and new rims will have to be delayed till next year, lol. I could have purchased a full bag (14 clubs) at full price from Callaway/Odyssey for what these outfits are going to cost me!

I went to a different course than usual for the range. I’m trying out a Hot Launch C521 7-iron on a demo and it is a bit more forgiving than my hand-me-down irons. However, it still requires a decent swing to go where I want it to.

On that note, driving on a golf cart through a neighborhood just to get to the range felt weird. Especially at $7 per 30-ball bag.

Attachments

• 7D884377-8D80-4D1C-9C20-F00F27CA0FBF.jpeg
    7D884377-8D80-4D1C-9C20-F00F27CA0FBF.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3
Pilates class was cancelled today so I went back to the Aero Club (Par 3) and worked on my short game. Place was pretty busy with lots of families out having fun. Pro shop actually said they are fully booked for Easter Sunday.

Played nine holes, and browsed THP

Played 9 at "lunch" - home track and easier course in my opinion based on short par 4s. (you tell me)

Takeaways - Driver is great when on
Bad drives on 1 and 5 made bogey a best option
Irons - great today... flight and distance allowed a lot of options
Wedges... Tried Cut Grey - a little more roll out than gamer - but overall good position for one/two putts.

Also played the round trying the VC300SE - nifty little tool - was cold out so THP winter hat made another appearance...

HOLE123456789TOTAL
Blue 70/1214253801805203553653403801953140
Par44354444335
Actual55364345439

Attachments

• 1617224173825.png
    1617224173825.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 3
Lots of golf stuff today. Practiced. Ordered some goodies. Setup a tee time for tomorrow at my favorite local course, my first 18 hole round in town and 2nd of year. And I think we are on the verge of organizing a round of at least 3 THPers in early August.

Lots of hitting and swing work in the garage sim tonight

Played, YouTube vids on the road, clubwork, THP, hounded the wife about event dates, obsessed about the weather for the morning.

Finally got out to the course for the first time this year, played holes 1-3 twice just to try and knock off some that

First tee shot of the year was a little fade that reached the new hazard, so a liberal drop followed by some terrible iron shots meant a bogey for the first hole of 2021

Distance is down from normal but my miss tonight was left, either a pull or a strong draw shall we say but I hit a few good shots considering the lack of warm up

Got a tee time tomorrow with Jen and the plan is to play 18 but I don't know if she will be up for it so I will play as many as she is able to manage

Texted back and forth with my golf group trying to decide what we were going to do with tomorrow's forecast of below zero temperatures. Verdict is still out, but it likely won't involve golf.

Back