What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

We had a perfect day to get out and play. We
I took the whole family out to my hometown course and we walked 6 holes.

I also learned how it of shape I am. The clubhouse was closed so we couldn't get a cart and I carried my single strap OGIO cart bag. I haven't carried in well over a decade.

Gripped up the newly assembled exo 7s (with fresh stroke lab shaft) tested it out for 75 puts on the accelerator putting practice tool.

Speced out the pxg irons in hoping to order if they ever get back to me

Watched some golf.

Some shaft work...next up gripping!
42DD8A7E-E402-493D-A3A1-F8CD6B0CE65F.jpeg

Used the GPS flyover feature on theGrint app to scope out some potential courses I’ve never played before. Love that feature because I can map out an entire plan of attack for each hole before even stepping on course. Obviously things can change when I see it in person, but still better than going in blind.

We had a 16 man scramble with 4 teams. We played very well and my team won. It was a ton of fun to get out there with my buddies and play well above my "C" grade I was assigned lol.

Yesterday played the first 18 of the year with Jen

Today, cleaned my clubs (and somehow ended up doing Jen's as well?????) ready for my first comp round tomorrow morning - got zero expectations so just going out to enjoy myself on the course

Walked 18 holes after a brief frost delay this morning. Air was cool, but the sun was out most of the time which made it feel warmer. Drove the ball really well, iron game was strong but the putter was somewhat absent. About to cut the Superstroke grip off of it and install the Lamkin deep etch my secret Santa sent me.

Busy day. Only had an hour to hit some drivers: max ls, epic speed, and sim2. I like all three. sim2 is lowest spinning. max ls is the most balanced. Driver swing needs work before I commit to any new driver. I need to better time my hips and lower body in the swing and have started to bring the club through too much i-o. I have worked to add driver speed, and bringing that speed into my tempo and timing will take more work.

Scheduled a demo time with PXG for April 15. They will come to my favorite local shop once per month. It's free, and I've never hit any of their clubs. Should be fun.

My wife and I had a garage sale today and I sold a few of my older clubs. A putter, 2 hybrids I could never hit and 3 Tour Edge ironwoods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walked 18 and watched the ANA.

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

Played 18 with a longtime friend/former coworker who was in town to visit, watched the ANA and Valero, THP'd.

Last edited:
18 at pga west stadium course if I haven’t already mentioned. So fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watched some valero, ana, looked at some push carts...bought a 58* JAWS, paid my monthly green fees...played 9...THP'd in, around and between these things.

Just THP and watched some golf.

Today was a great golf day! I played 18 in the morning and then drove to my mom and dads house for an overnight Easter stay and got to play another 9 with my brother and wife.

I walked 18 in windy 50 degree weather and had a blast.

Walked 9, first round since the end of December

Very rusty indeed but was nice to be back out on the course again

Not today but yesterday. Had an awesome birthday! Weather was perfect, 75 and no wind. Golfed 18 with my son, son-in-law and another friend. Got done and took the cart back. As I walked into the back of the clubhouse, SURPRISE erupted as several family members and friends were there for my 60th. Truly a great birthday. They knocked my cake outa the park!! Son-in-law is the head pro/manager at this course and he scored some limited edition Pumas for me as well. 😁
1617548448016.jpeg

Not today but yesterday. Had an awesome birthday! Weather was perfect, 75 and no wind. Golfed 18 with my son, son-in-law and another friend. Got done and took the cart back. As I walked into the back of the clubhouse, SURPRISE erupted as several family members and friends were there for my 60th. Truly a great birthday. They knocked my cake outa the park!! Son-in-law is the head pro/manager at this course and he scored some limited edition Pumas for me as well. 😁
View attachment 9001316
Love that cake!:love:

Played 9 this morning. Now I am watching the Valero Open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More garage work.. swing starting to feel good

Put the last of the driver shaft adapters on, regripped some wedges, ordered some components, caught up on some THP reading, rolled a few with the m craft IV, cleaned up the clubs and made a bag, and am watching today's coverage.

View attachment 9001316
AMAZING!!

Cubs played a good game today too. (y)

All I did was upload next weeks golf videos on YouTube. Saturday I was visiting my daughter and grandkids in Frisco Tx. and I drove by Frisco Lakes Golf course where the good good rat pack play. I’m looking forward to playing that course

Back