What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Range session after work. 20210428_180513.jpg

The garage is finally finished, so I set up the skytrak and got in some practice and a sim round.

Played 18, THP’d, now watching the LPGA - HSBC World Championship.

Picked up re shafted driver , Atmos tour spec 65 g black went in removed regular stock shaft,,,,

and the magical mystery tour began at the driving range hit a few irons to get oil pressure up in body lol

Pulled it out and despite being stiff surprised over ball heights gained and on my estimation 10-15 metres gained distance ,,just playing around seeing what get over small sample size but this shows heaps of promise and will take into action Sunday AEST.

Registered for my first ever tournament!

I am if the weather cooperates. Probably Sunday morning at Caberfae and maybe Saturday afternoon as well.
Is that bingeing ? 😀

Played 18, shot 93 with only 3- 3 jacks but I had 6 1 putts so that was a plus.
Starting to see results from working with the planemate.

Played 18, shot 93 with only 3- 3 jacks but I had 6 1 putts so that was a plus.
Starting to see results from working with the planemate.
What is 3-3 jacks ? Mean

Walked 18 with a push cart. Shot 87, with 5 penalty shots. And NO three putts.

Game is coming around.

Went to range and hit balls for 40 minutes or so working on my lesson from yesterday.

Setup some fun golf the next few days. Foursome for 18 on my home course tomorrow, 18 at my favorite local course with a buddy on Saturday, and a pro-am Monday (tough, tight course that will be setup as hard as possible). And then weekly league Tuesday night. I like it. Hopefully I can turn around this rough start to the year. I think I will go to claw grip for putting. I also have a new green reading routine (feet will enter the equation to help my weak eyes). Partial wedges are the other weak spot. My distances are longer than last year, and I think I am decelerating to compensate. Wedges had become my bread and butter. I need that part of the game back. Not optional.

Worked on wedges and played a sim round in the garage.

What is 3-3 jacks ? Mean
A "3 jack" is another way of saying "three-putt". 3-3 jacks would be three three-putts (nine putts total in three holes)

Finally made it out for some practice. Spent half the time chipping and the other half putting.

I didn't do a damned thing other than this since it rained all day! Mind you, I'm also a mushroom hunter, and we needed the rain badly. I didn't miss the rain as far the golf courses were concerned. We actually got bounce and roll in April up here in NE Ohio! I'm telling you that just does not occur here in the Spring! So you can see that I am torn between influences at this time of year.

I didn't do a damned thing other than this since it rained all day! Mind you, I'm also a mushroom hunter, and we needed the rain badly. I didn't miss the rain as far the golf courses were concerned. We actually got bounce and roll in April up here in NE Ohio! I'm telling you that just does not occur here in the Spring! So you can see that I am torn between influences at this time of year.
League got rained out in the southern park of Ohio today. It was sad. Went to golf galaxy to test putters to make myself feel better 😎

Had the day off and headed over to where we used to call the home of the NorCal Vs SoCal, Monarch Dunes in Nipomo, CA . Had a great time playing a course I really like.

That’s a good looking bag solely in the looks department
It is in the feel and/or performance departments too. I'm pretty high on that setup. Lots of recommends.

Decided to go back out to the garage after dinner and hit more balls. It was productive but I’m now very very sore.

Great day today! Renewed my club membership for the year! And the course is aiming for May 14th opening day. It's getting close now!

Back