What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Swapped the Kuro Kage Silver Tini shaft in a Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 driver with the Kuro Kage Black Tini shaft from a Great Big Bertha Heavenwood. Holy moly, what a difference. I always had trouble hitting the Mini with the original shaft, but not anymore.

Couldn't stand being away from the gc any longer.

A few weeks ago I found a Zone 1 putter in the Goodwill bargain rack. ($3.99) It is identical to the one I had to replace a couple years (?) ago. A great find for me, even though it's a little beat up.

I know I can't swing a club yet, but I thought I could stroke a few putts. Since the Z1 putter is much lighter than my B-1 Heavy Putter, I decided to give it a shot.

I putted lights out with the Z1. I was making just about everything from 5' and closer. Even the breakers were falling with authority.

I moved to 10', and made more than 1/2 of those.

20+/- footer were mostly 2 putts.

All putts were from different locations, to 6 different practice pins.

It was just a great day of putting. So good in fact, a couple of guys ask what putter I was using. A $3.99 Goodwill Special I told them.

I'm not ready to replace my B-1 based on today's Z1 effort. However, I am going to say "never say never".

Had a playing lesson this aft. Working on not having any hip stall in my rotation. Played some solid golf working on a pre shot and the step up and swing no thoughts on what I am doing.

Little THP as I had time, watched a couple YouTube videos on the road, played a hilariously casual and fast round with some lunatics, and am watching today's Valspar coverage.

Just a little THP. Skipped out on range session this morning because I had to meet with our contractor.

Played 18 after work. I didn’t play particularly well, but it was good getting out there. Perfect weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18, THP'd, watched a bit of the HSBC Women's World Championship this evening.

went to the range, then played 7.5 of the back 9 at my club. Coming down 10, i saw a little old lady next to her ball, halfway to the green on the par 3 11th. With her dog. On the phone. Nope, not taking that discussion to play through. Went straight through a gap in the bushes to the middle of the 12th fairway.
Might have added the front 9, but a drizzle had started and i wasn't in the mood to get drenched (again).

Took inventory of my stash of terrible balls, as well as the good ones i bought (as lakeballs) 4 years ago when i was unofficially hovering around bogey-golf.
I've taken a handful of the good ones for short game practice and found that i still really like them. Running relatively low on junk balls, but also seeing my performance creep up, i ordered a bunch of RZN MS balls.
Curious to see where they fit in, compared to the discontinued Nike RZN balls.

This morning I played in a go low tournament. We played one of my favorite courses from the red tees with the pins in the middle of the green. It was probably some of the most fun I've had golfing in a long time. The group of guys I played with was great and the event itself was a fun change of pace.

Took my two daughters to the range and putting green for some fun

Walked 18

Got 18 in with the new Ping g425 clubs but didn't play that great! It was so windy and the course's fairways are so tightly mowed that a ball that isn't hit in the center can run and and run to the woods on each side!

Anyway, enough whining about my round! The Ping g425 lineup are very solid clubs for sure! I played the lst driver, a few FW and the irons!

Played today at Azalea Sands. Last time I played there it had recently be bought by a new company and was in pretty rough shape. Year later there is a vast improvement in the course. There's still some rough areas but they've obviously made a major investment in the place. Nice new club house too. With so many courses around here being turned into housing developments it's good to see this one with all the improvements.

Played 18, cleaned the clubs. Checked tracking and new bag will be here Monday.

Was fitted for a driver today... got into a Ping G425 Max. 10.5 degree stiff flex 65g shaft. My swing speed was 95.

I’ve never been fitted for driver before, so it was interesting... tried another stiff, but heavier, shaft and it just sort of felt like it just wasn’t working and the numbers on the monitor backed it up.

Played country course today , greens small and pin placement tight to edge , we think there was monthly medal competition the day previous. Net result , rubbish game nothing to write home about , won nearest the pin on par 3
Tried new shaft in driver , looks like flatter trajectory, and some distance gained , navigation not good however .... there is always a new round in the horizon 😊

Went to a local bakery to get 2 breakfast rolls.

Whatever could this possibly have to do with golf, you might ask.
Well. You see. The ball machine at our range takes 1 and 2 € coins, but the ATMs only hand out paper money. The office at the club isn't staffed due to pandemic, either.
So I'm trying to strategically spend ( 5n + [0.01-2.0] ) € cash on each shopping trip, in order to keep the range "token" supply up.

Played in a mixed comp yesterday (greensomes format) with Jen at our club and finished 2nd

We had a couple bad holes that could have put us closer to the winners if things had been different, but overall it was a good day

Couldn’t play this weekend, so just hit balls yesterday. Hoping to sneak over to the range this am too.

Last edited:
Couldn’t play this weekend, so just hot balls yesterday. Hoping to sneak over to the range this am too.
What are hot balls?

Played 18. Then worked the putting green for about 20minutes. Cleaned the clubs, grips included, ball and wiped down the Grandaddy bag. It is going back to being extra club storage as I have a new bag arriving tomorrow.

Played in a scramble this morning. Heavy wind and we shot 9 under and no bogey’s. Had some visitors on the first hole.
1B01C2AD-03D8-4A50-9103-F6120792B974.jpegDB2B8A26-B60D-4865-AAF3-DA7357DC6856.jpegFFFD2F40-FBA4-4B39-AB3C-CAE9E359A009.jpeg

Back