What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I bought this Lynx Sunday bag from a guy on FB Marketplace for $15. I actually kinda love it.

We have a couple family vacations coming up and it’s always a challenge to bring my full bag due to limited cargo space. I decided I’ll just bring a limited set on my beach vacations this year.

1A4FC977-9F4B-4FA6-A976-65D2B87B4495.jpeg
B91576D0-89B9-42FB-B83F-019469C2076D.jpegA101D527-F896-4B65-AA2D-9AEB371880B8.jpeg

Hit a bucket of balls at the range and then came home to work on a cabinet for storing my golf stuff. I use the garage for my woodworking hobby and I was getting tired of my golf stuff always being covered in dust. I still need to add a couple cubbies above the cart for storing shoes and golf balls.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 6
Played, THP, little club work, and am watching this year's Masters final round.

Mostly just THPing

Played 18 and THP'd.

Spent time on THP, and started the process of reshafting my irons and 3 wood.

Got all the heads off of the old shafts and cleaned them very well, measured up the tip trimming for the new shafts, and got everything else prepped for tomorrow (set out grips, epoxy, tape etc.)

Re-gripped my lob wedge. I hit lots of balls and wear out grips on my wedges.

Have you guys used Magic Eraser on grips? Really brings them back to life for a round or two. This one was past what could be salvaged so now it's brand new and nice and tacky.

Can't wait to play this afternoon.

I have been busy working on my game now that the HS team that I coach has finished their season. Not today, but yesterday I play in the qualifying tournament for the Long Island Open, and made it into the event two shots inside of the cut line. Here in NY May is qualifying time for many of the Am and Local Professionals tournaments. So far I have played my way into this and the New York City Amateur.

Got a round on the books at a new course on Saturday! Chipped some, but procrastinated too long to play a sim round :cautious:

Watched an impressive field demolish the Byron course and hit a bucket of balls.

Hit balls for a bit while kiddo was at school, and then after a few appointments. Did something that seemed simple enough, gave the ball a hell of a sound coming off the clubface. Might have to see if that was cause of the wind or if I was just compressing the snot out of the ball.

chipping. always chipping. the same drill over and over. just about every morning. you'd think i'd be seve. you'd be wrong. it is getting better, though. some feels are becoming more natural, and the number of better shots is growing.

i watched golf sub par with graham dalaet, and he talked about his chipping yips. he was spot on with it. it's so crazy.

Today was the first 100* day here and i had a 2pm playing lesson! Played the back nine and worked on shot strategy and was playing some seriously good golf till hole 17. I effing hate hole 17 :LOL:. Got past that and finished up with a par on 18 and headed to the first tee for the front 9. Fun day away from work and some much needed time off.

This is the tee shot on Hole 6 you go straight over the bunkers at the edge of the desert OR you can bail right on this par 5.
hole 6.jpg

Hit a bucket of balls and gained so much insight into swing and technique. Feeling confident in the swing

Booked a tee time for Saturday

Cleaned 3 pairs of golf shoes. Knit shoes are a pain in the rear to keep clean when you walk all of your rounds.

Spent time on THP, and started the process of reshafting my irons and 3 wood.

Got all the heads off of the old shafts and cleaned them very well, measured up the tip trimming for the new shafts, and got everything else prepped for tomorrow (set out grips, epoxy, tape etc.)
More progress today! Got the new ACCRA shafts tip trimmed and sanded, and then epoxied on the custom BB&F ferrules and my Mizuno MP-18SC heads. Took a little longer than I'd planned, but I did all the sanding by hand. Hopefully my epoxy is still good! We'll find out tomorrow.

I played, THP, bought some grips, clubwork, called about some shafts, am watching today's coverage, and just sent a email to thegrint that had a certain tone..

20210514_012550.jpg

Got all prettied up to play. ;)

Cleaning my clubs for my round tomorrow

7-iron practice -- high, low; draw, fade

Fun update! Wife played her first sim golf in the garage tonight!! Highlights were her PB 97 yard hybrid and her bogey on #7.
6E19E971-B0CC-4288-BB17-AA05A2E52914.jpeg

I played 18 at my home course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back