What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Just an FYI...Ill be having fun relying on your good shot making abilities. :ROFLMAO:
dude, had a blast. Your chip in on 10 was fantastic! At least we won the side bet!

Dropped the irons off to have the lofts and lies checked and adjusted. Having them bent from 1.5 up to 1 up and having the lofts adjusted from stock to 1 strong.

Changed the shafts in my Hogan fairway woods.

I played 9 after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 with @OITW !!

Had a lesson Friday morning before the heat kicked in! when I got to my lesson I realized that I left my proxe rangefinder on the cart from the Thursday evening round. I figured I was screwed. I called the course immediately and they had it. One of the starters who I BS with all of the time grabbed for me. Very lucky I got it back.

Spent 90 minutes at the range working on one specific item -- slowing down transition from the top with my irons.

Forced myself to go through complete pre-shot routine with every ball.

Alternated hitting PW-8-6 to specific yardage targets with primary focus on smooth transition from backswing to downswing -- no rush to "hit" the ball. Instead, worked to feel a pause (imagined) followed by the weight of the club head swinging down and through the ball, toward the target. Tried to swing 6 iron with same tempo as PW.

It is absolutely amazing how flush shots are - along with distance/accuracy gains - when transition discipline is maintained, which, today, was on about 75 percent of the shots. That is going to be my focus in every practice session until it becomes more naturally ingrained.

Also made me realize that the Modus3 Tour 120s shaft profile -- softer mid section -- responds extremely well to a smooth transition. I'm still getting acclimated to the lighter (114g) weight of these shafts. Smooth transition seems to be a key element in how well they perform.

And, naturally, the ZX7s feel awesome when hit anywhere near the middle of the club face. Very, very happy with them.

walked 18 this morning...

Practiced 3w, 5w, and driver. Not constantly hitting my driver well at all, but crushing my 3 and 5 wood. I seem to keep hitting my driver too close to the hosel at times even though I am aware and try not too. Just have to work on that some more. If I keep hitting my 3 wood in the high 230s and low 240s won't really need from the tees I play. :cool:

Walked 18

9 holes this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 18 this morning, cleaned the clubs post-round and THP.

I took a few days off from golf. My bag, and sticks needed a rest I thought. I was going to take today off as well, but failed miserably at that idea. I needed to hear that clean "click" of picking the ball off the turf..

The course was jammed packed, as was the short game practice area. I found a clear area, and decided on hitting pitch shots. I set up two targets, 40 yards apart from each other. I'd hit 14 balls at one target, then hit those balls back at the other target. I did this 8 times.

Some were less than 40 yards, some were longer than 40 yards. I also had different ball lies to hit from.

My main focus was flying balls along my target line. That, and swing tempo.

Bit of range work, cleaned my clubs and THP’d!

Butt trimmed a Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue down to length and installed a GolfPride MCC+4 grip. New 3W shaft incoming!

Need to book a tee time for tomorrow now.

Short game in the front yard... Had some fun with flop shots worked out pretty well

Hit half a bucket of balls. Everything worked fine. For the other half, suddenly my body switched off and i came down with a severe case of the shanks. Completely lost it. Hard pull, hard hook, shank, top.
I'm on a week of vacation and want to spend every day playing golf. Not a great start :oops:

Proceeded to the practice greens for some chipping. At least that part went well.

Practice with my son tonight. He had a rough day last week in a scramble he’s playing in so we practiced tonight. Took the Zepp out and he was excited to watch the 3D stuff especially when he had a great swing. 1BFEA392-6A30-481B-944F-5E0AFDA7050E.jpegE32F46E9-FE5E-478A-B6D6-E682DA3744B7.jpeg

Walked 18 now watching the NCAA semis.

I just swung different clubs, and watched ball flights to a target 160 yards away.

Even though only one club was long enough for that distance, I wanted the shorter clubs to land the ball on, or near my line to the 160 flag.

It was hot today. Near, or at 100+ in the direct sun. I brought a chair, and in between a series of swings, I'd sit in the shade. I like, but respect the triple digit heat. We probably have up to 10 weeks of this type of weather. 115* + won't be a surprise. Unless of course the monsoons arrive this year.

THP'd. Its about all the golf stuff I get to do for the next couple weeks. Last three weeks of soccer and three straight tournaments. So I'm on a soccer schedule six out of seven days a week for the next few. Then it's golf alllllll summer though

Following yesterdays misery, i overcame anxiety to visit the club again today.
Broke out the new tripod. Being able to see yourself hit shots is fun.
Basically... i found that i was all sorts of compensating at impact. left elbow collapsed compared to address, hands almost over rather than in front of the ball.
1622637139661.png
Also my swing plane had somehow moved to outside in. No idea how that happened, since my first range day back i've been stuck between straight and push with some random left or right turn on the ball.
Offset hosel being a little bit in front of the club face obviously has catastrophe looming round the corner
I don't think your supposed to imitate a shrimp at impact, either, although some crunching is observed even in Adam Scott, our Supreme Leader of textbook illustration golf.
1622637578921.png
Anyway. I was able to work out the worst of kinks starting from PW up by focusing on takeaway, getting my hands back up where i want them. Ended the last half-bucket with four 4i shots going where i intended. rather than pulling hard left or shanking hard right.

Also: chipping and putting. Putts around 5ft, chipping and putting the result trying to get up and down around the green.

Tomorrow i'll be back to see if i can't straighten some of those lines out.

Back