What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Bought a new to me driver. Speedzone 9.0 with aldila rogue silver 70s in it. Hit it better in the simulator at GG than I have a driver in a while. Hadnt seen one with the aldila in it and the 70s seems to really help my tempo. Club looked brand new and GG actually had a decent price on it for a used club.

Hit 56, 100 yard shots to a 10' diameter practice green. Balls that missed the green, I chipped, pitched, or flopped them onto the green. I missed the green quite a few times.

Used my pw on all shots.

I'd hit 14 balls, retrieve them, repeat the routine. All totaled I probably hit 80-90 balls.

Did this in cooler morning hours. Only 88*F at 530 am. Cold front moving through I think.

Set up my hitting net out back, practiced a bit and worked on chipping for a while.

THP, cleaned 'em, tee times for tomorrow, bought the wife some hybrids and irons, watched a couple videos, got the bag ready.

I played a dumpster fire of a round. I learned I would rather have my old power fade back than the snap hook I've got right now. At least i could play for that.

Driving range work

Played 17 holes after work. There was an 8 stack on 18 tee box and said no since there was less then 10 minutes of light. Took a new swing thought to the course which was a bad idea. Back nine went back to normal and game was on point for the most part.

Played 8 holes after work with Jen (1 to 5, then 1 to 3 again) and am trying to work on a few things with my setup that had got a bit lazy recently

Didn't start too well after I almost shanked my 2i 100yds into the GUR on the right side of the 1st fairway, so a free drop and a mid-iron over the hazard left me with around 150yds to the back of the green with the pin back there on the top tier
Hit a nice 8i with a little draw that pitched on the top tier and finished around 15ft from the pin and I just missed the birdie attempt but had a tap-in par
2nd hole is a par 3 but the tees were on the old box, so it was around 160yds to the front pin with maybe 110-12ft between the pin and the bunker on the left front side of the green - hit a 7i that started on the pin and just drew slightly towards the bunker but landed softly on the green about 8ft from the pin and I made the birdie putt to be -1 after 2 holes
3rd hole is the hardest on the course and a slightly heel strike with driver saw a weak fade that left me too far out to reach the green in the first cut of the rough but sitting down slightly, so I took my 2i again to try and chase a shot as close as possible and almost shanked it again over the trees towards the forward tees on the next hole - the guys on the next tee said they saw it bounce into the grass in front of the tee but I couldn't find it
4th hole is a bit of a decision hole at the moment as I have hit driver and reached the water hazard a few times recently, so I decided to get the 2i out again to try and hit a decent shot with it, and this time I smoked one straight down the right side of the fairway - missed the green, and failed to get up and down for the par
5th hole is another hole where driver is not the club to hit due to a hazard, so again I took the 2i out and hit a slight toe strike that still made it to the middle of the fairway
We then played the first 3 holes again so that we were nearer the clubhouse to finish and get back home for the football

Moral of the story - hit some warm up shots in the nets before trying to hit a long iron off the 1st tee

Getting happier with my ball striking whilst working on the few things I had got lazy with, and as a result, seeing a bit more distance with all of my clubs as well which is throwing me off slightly for approach shots and making me second-guess my club selection

...rested my sprained foot

659ff2233d9ba36a66b775cd34be4b4e.gif

Yesterday was a futility lesson, if there's such a thing. Just wanted to hit some balls.

I decided hit full swing balls into about a 25-30 mph wind. I do mean directly into it. Our weather changed, and this was part of the storm front that moved through the area.

Started with a 52* AW. Yeah I know too much loft, and to high of ball flight for the wind. First few balls went about 30 yards. After adjusting my AoA, and putting a little more effort into my swing, I managed some 65-70 yard carries. Lazer verified. My AW is normally my 90 yard club on a good day.

Once I thought I had my swing down, I switched to my Tour Edge #2 Ironwood club. One of my all time favorite clubs to hit. I believe it's 16*. I've had it for 25 +/- years. Still in my bag, off and on today.

Yhe first few balls went about 120 yards. This was due more to a poor swing, poor ball contact than the wind. Once I started putting a good swing on the ball, I started getting about 155 yards of carry, and roll. This is normally my 170-180 yard club. (5W distance) Ball flights were low, which is a big help when hitting into the wind.

I quit due to wind fatigue. That, and a rain storm was fast approaching. I don't get tired too easily swinging clubs, but having to deal with high winds tuckers me out quite quickly.

Weather is much cooler right now. Might try my walk on status after 2 pm later on today.

Range time this morning for a bucket before work!

Went to work at 5:30 AM and left at 5:30 PM so I can golf tomorrow

Played 18 and worked on my swing afterwards

Played 27, watched today's coverage, THP, cleaned clubs, helped the wife organizer her bag with her new clubs, tried to sort out a tee time for a couple of us tomorrow.

Working on turning though my swing better. I have a bad habit of sliding and getting stuck i want to get past.

Woohoo booked 18 for Sunday!

Takeaway and downswing mirror work and then rethinking my life choices..

My daughter had fun doing the Father's Day par 3 scramble (we finished +4 with a double!) that she wants to do the same event for July 4 - so I prepaid for that. Hope it's as much fun as the last event was - we had a great time.

Going to play 9 holes Monday, looking forward to try new to me 3 wood.

Followed @OldandStiff 's live round, watched some travelers, watching the KPMG now... And the big deal of the day, grabbed a white hot og 7 putter.

Followed @OldandStiff 's live round, watched some travelers, watching the KPMG now... And the big deal of the day, grabbed a white hot og 7 putter.
Okay.
There ya go.
Alright.

What?!?

Okay.
There ya go.
Alright.

What?!?

Me and the wife had to drive up to big town, Fresno... So I stopped in the the local shop to roll some putters... Grabbed the white hot og 7 and rolled 7-8 putts from 5-10ft...made all of them... Grabbed a mini spider, rolled 5 or so...made 2...rolled the ping blade about 5...made 2...amd before I stepped out grabbed the white hot again just to tap at a ball about 15ft from the hole and just missed left... Had to be a message from the old gods, right?

Me and the wife had to drive up to big town, Fresno... So I stopped in the the local shop to roll some putters... Grabbed the white hot og 7 and rolled 7-8 putts from 5-10ft...made all of them... Grabbed a mini spider, rolled 5 or so...made 2...rolled the ping blade about 5...made 2...amd before I stepped out grabbed the white hot again just to tap at a ball about 15ft from the hole and just missed left... Had to be a message from the old gods, right?

Back