What happens to Adam Scott?

jacob1

Needs more cow bell
Reaction score
Handicap
Adam is playing great golf and has really been putting great! So what do you guys see happening to his game after the long putter ban happens? Does he have the ability to go back to a short putter after it gave him so much trouble in the past? I know the counter balanced putters are getting popular but will that be enough for him since he uses the brom stick? Will we still see him in the mix at all the majors or does his game go away with the long putter? Just something I've been thinking about.

I think he'll drop back considerably. Unfortunate, but I think it takes quite some time for him to make that transition.

IMO, a lot of it has to do with inconsistencies in his swing. They showed one tee shot and it's perfect form and then the very next hole he's almost falling over

He won't be relevant in majors anymore!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I think he'll drop back considerably. Unfortunate, but I think it takes quite some time for him to make that transition.
This is the way I feel as well. I'm not sure he will ever be able to adjust.

He'll just use a counterbalanced, or an up the arm putter and be fine.

I think he is going to be irrelevant for awhile but will eventually be back in some top 10's. Dont know that he'll win without the long putter.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Keegan Bradley. He has been using the long putter since 2009 or so.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Keegan Bradley. He has been using the long putter since 2009 or so.

See I could see Keegan having an easier transition because his stroke with an anchored putter is more similar to a conventional stroke than Adam Scott's.

See I could see Keegan having an easier transition because his stroke with an anchored putter is more similar to a conventional stroke than Adam Scott's.

Makes sense. Keegan was pretty upset about the ruling when Feherty asked him about it on his show. It will be interesting when the time comes.

Adam Scott owes me a set of Mizuno blades.

He'll fade into anonymity because he cant putt with a short putter. He'll always be a Masters champion though, which is something no one can take away from him.

He won't be relevant in majors anymore!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Won the Masters
T3 in the Open
T5 in the PGA

Somehow I think he will figure it out.

He is a perfect example of how anchoring rule change is BS... He is awful and clearly had no advantage with putter

I remember when he switched to the broomstick because I thought he looked pretty strange with it. We all knew Adam Scott's name when he used a standard short putter prior to that so I don't think it will be a total disaster.

I see Adam struggling for some time to find a putter and stroke that he feels comfortable with. Finding those 2 things is only part of it though, it's what goes on in his head that'll be interesting. As for Keegan, I think he's really gonna struggle. Have you noticed how far he is from being over the ball with his eyes?

I imagine he will use a long putter and find a stroke and grip he feels comfortable with. I don't think it will make much difference. He has a lot of time to figure it out. If he does become irrelevant I will blame it on age and the young guys are getting better.

Jman and I discussed it this weekend.

My thoughts are he goes counterbalanced.

Jman said whatever he chooses.....he better be practicing behind the scenes now.

it's not like he's an amazing putter now anyways...

Back