• Players distance

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Player cavity

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Blade

Votes: 10 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get cavity and blades, but are those other designations real things or just buzzwords made up my the marketing departments?

Those are generally used categories of irons that lump together similar profiles and playing characteristics.

I've played the PTX pro and the rogue pro. Both are smaller club head profile.

Currently playing Fourteen LE -10 s. They are probably more true player distance iron with a larger head heel to toe. Both they feel like true players irons. If it's not pured it's always off by a few yards.

The rogue pros are so easy to hit and feel awesome, like forged. Even better than the CF16s. It's probably the microspheres.

I just ordered the 0211 and gonna see how they feel. They definitely look bigger like the 14s and Ben Hogan Edge I've played.

I am using X2 Hots. I would have said game improvement irons. What I am reading says they are distance iron in reviews from 2014. Not sure.
I have a set of the pro’s. Nice irons.

I am in the same irons I would put them in the Players Distance category.
I’m in the same irons and pretty sure I’ll never part ways with them even when I do get a new set.

My sets run the gambit from slightly oversized forged CB's w/stronger lofts, to more players cavities like my AP2 in the sig, or Srix 545's, to a little less forgiving forged CB's without much tech going on. I always try to incorporate some kind of forgiveness into whatever I'm playing. Even if its just a blunted lead edge to prevent digging, that can help a lot. But I need some sort of assistance. That said, those new Hogan blades are yummy. But I'd be relying on those soles. :ROFLMAO::love:

My sets run the gambit from slightly oversized forged CB's w/stronger lofts, to more players cavities like my AP2 in the sig, or Srix 545's, to a little less forgiving forged CB's without much tech going on. I always try to incorporate some kind of forgiveness into whatever I'm playing. Even if its just a blunted lead edge to prevent digging, that can help a lot. But I need some sort of assistance. That said, those new Hogan blades are yummy. But I'd be relying on those soles. :ROFLMAO::love:

The Icons?

Attachments

• Icon-03-HR.png
    Icon-03-HR.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 4
Playing the I500's. Not sure what the category is. Was looking for game improvement. Walked out with these as they were the most consistent irons I hit.
Anyone know what category they fall in?

Cobra Forged Tec fall into the players distance category I believe even though I don't see any added distance personally

Ben Hogan Edge irons for me which I believe are players distance? I had CF16's before these and got fitted before I bought a new set. Ben Hogan wasn't even on my radar and I can definitely say that these irons are keepers, very underrated IMO

Back