What is a Club Champion Driver Fitting Like?

I did a full bag fitting at Club Champion in January, it was exhaustive but well worth the time, effort and money; IMO.

I highly recommend it!!!!

That was a great watch. Thanks for this.

I’m curious, what is the final price on that custom driver? I know TPT shafts aren’t cheap!

Scrolled back up and found my answer.

I couldn’t justify $1000 on just a driver. That money would be better suited for me in lessons and greens fees. Now, if someone was trying to break into the single digits or become a scratch golfer, I completely get it!

That was an outstanding video full of awesome information. It makes me super excited to get my fitting in Oct! Great job @JB and @golfunfiltered for putting this out there.

I couldn’t justify $1000 on just a driver. That money would be better suited for me in lessons and greens fees. Now, if someone was trying to break into the single digits or become a scratch golfer, I completely get it!

That seems to be the consensus choice to consider. Although I don't know if I would only say "better" players are more likely to justify the spend. An argument could be made that higher-handicap players have the most to benefit in terms of ROI.

I remember being chastised for saying a drop in 1000 rpm of spin is easy at higher club speeds using only a shaft change. Because some outdated thinking just had to dictate that such large changes could only occur with head changes/adjustments. Adam has average club head speed and dropped 800 rpms. Good thing to see some truth put out there for everyone to see.

Even more interesting to see him drop only 300 or so rpm more with head changes after finding the perfect shaft for him. The head is important but no one should be ignorant of just how much a shaft can make a difference in results.

I remember being chastised for saying a drop in 1000 rpm of spin is easy at higher club speeds using only a shaft change. Because some outdated thinking just had to dictate that such large changes could only occur with head changes/adjustments. Adam has average club head speed and dropped 800 rpms. Good thing to see some truth put out there for everyone to see.

Even more interesting to see him drop only 300 or so rpm more with head changes after finding the perfect shaft for him. The head is important but no one should be ignorant of just how much a shaft can make a difference in results.

Actually that is not exactly what happened. Strike to strike Adam dropped about 400-500 rpms with shaft changes, when impact was similar. But the act is truly exhausting...

This content is great for golf nuts to see what goes into a fitting. I love the idea and process of getting fit to ideal but sometimes ideal doesn't fit financially. In my profession people come in all the time and I can tell them what is the best and what will have the best longevity but they do what is financially more suitable to them. I 100% understand where they area coming from.

Actually that is not exactly what happened. Strike to strike Adam dropped about 400-500 rpms with shaft changes, when impact was similar. But the act is truly exhausting...

I'm liking this new giphy feature...

Great video... very informative! Did a CC full bag fitting about 2 years ago and I must say the driver fitting was much less rigorous than what was shown. Some of that may have to do with data / results from irons and knowledge gained from there, but understanding the strategy of how this fitting occurred is very useful. Clearly, the fitting produced great results.... I could use an extra 20 yards! ;)

Reactions: JB
I have been thinking about an iron fitting for a couple months now, but this video makes me want to do the driver fitting, too. I need to educate myself a little more before doing either.

No way I'd drop 4-digits on a single club, though.

I have been thinking about an iron fitting for a couple months now, but this video makes me want to do the driver fitting, too. I need to educate myself a little more before doing either.

No way I'd drop 4-digits on a single club, though.

hopefully this helped a little.

I've never been fit at a CC and actually never been in one, but after watching that, I would definitely consider making the 2 hour drive to my nearest one because they have a waaaaay wider selection of shafts than anywhere near me.

I did a driver fitting recently at my local Club Champion. In fact, my new driver is on the brown truck today to be delivered to my house.

The experience was very enlightening. I made vast improvements with what I was fit to versus what I brought in with me. Jaw dropping improvements. I'm not a great golfer, and I assumed that process would really be of more benefit to a better player, but really, that thinking is backwards. Getting fit and dialed in will show up big for high cap ams. Having clubs that you don't have to fight with will improve your confidence immediately.

As noted earlier in this thread, it does come at a cost, but the way I laid it out in my own head was "buy once, cry once". In the last few years I've been chasing the right driver for me, thinking I knew what I needed. I have gone through a few. Some gave better results than others, but all left me wanting more. This last trip around that merry-go-round had me so frustrated, that I was really starting to doubt the game and my abilities wholesale. How much time and money did I spend trying to get myself into the right gear over that time? Only to not get it done? Significantly more than I did getting fit for the right stuff, I promise. I could have bought my new driver piece-meal for less money after getting the specs from the fitting, and the fitter was happy to let me do just that, but the time and attention he gave me through the fitting process earned the sale for CC. If you're on the fence about this process, go try it. Especially if you have a CC location near you. $150 for a driver fitting, and there's no pressure to buy after that. The experience alone is worth that.

Great video!!!

Great video, very informative!

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

This was a wonderful watch! Great data here but as someone who has been contemplating getting a full bag fitting, this was remarkable to watch.

I am curious as to how Club Champion selects the fitters and their staff. I'm sure experience has a lot to do with but if someone comes in without a lot of experience and "technical knowledge", does Club Champion train them?

Really great video and insight into the entire fitting process!

This was a wonderful watch! Great data here but as someone who has been contemplating getting a full bag fitting, this was remarkable to watch.

I am curious as to how Club Champion selects the fitters and their staff. I'm sure experience has a lot to do with but if someone comes in without a lot of experience and "technical knowledge", does Club Champion train them?

Really great video and insight into the entire fitting process!

Yes. They have what they call Club Champion University and Nick in the video is the Dean of CCU.

Yes. They have what they call Club Champion University and Nick in the video is the Dean of CCU.

That’s really cool! Love they invest in their staff witch has to show immediate returns with their business model! Can’t wait to book my fitting. Don’t know if I’ll do a full bag or go with a long game then the irons. Either way, can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between end of summer tourneys, work and family I haven't found a Saturday to go to CC since the wife gave me the go ahead. Watching this makes me want to go even more. Crossing my fingers that life gets out of the way one weekend in October to be able to go. Closest CC is four hours one way so it needs to be an over night trip.

Between end of summer tourneys, work and family I haven't found a Saturday to go to CC since the wife gave me the go ahead. Watching this makes me want to go even more. Crossing my fingers that life gets out of the way one weekend in October to be able to go. Closest CC is four hours one way so it needs to be an over night trip.

hopefully you get to make it too. Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Back