What is it about Starbucks?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As I sit here waiting for my daughter to get her pink drink for 20 minutes I started thinking…why? Why is there always a huge line and a slow wait? Why is this acceptable and why do customers continue to subject themselves to this punishment? Is there crack in the drinks?

I mean I like their coffee but I rarely get any of the fancy stuff. I find it so odd.

Probably one of the few who can say I've NEVER been to a Starbucks and no plans to visit one

As I sit here waiting for my daughter to get her pink drink for 20 minutes I started thinking…why? Why is there always a huge line and a slow wait? Why is this acceptable and why do customers continue to subject themselves to this punishment? Is there crack in the drinks?

I mean I like their coffee but I rarely get any of the fancy stuff. I find it so odd.

Complicated orders and short staffed?

You have to order ahead on the app to avoid the wait. They are severely understaffed too. We have a bunch of stores around us that are closed temporarily because of staffing. Since their stores are all corporately owned, they can move staff around a bit to deal with the shortages, and shut down their less profitable locations.

W

ell you picked the wrong day as it’s free red cup day. I’ve been waiting 40 mins. There were literally 60 people in line. The things we do for our kids.
image.jpg

Do you not do order ahead? I order when I get in my car at the house and it's always ready when I get there. Just park, walk in, grab drink, and leave.

• Admin
I do like their coffee, I’m more of an Americano/Cortado guy but I’ll dabble in something fancy once in a blue moon. What I don’t want is a 20 oz cup of sugar, which is more or less what you get if your ordering it as is. I don’t mind waiting a little bit more for something someone had to put some effort into.

• Admin
Do you not do order ahead? I order when I get in my car and it's always ready when I get there. Just park, walk in, grab drink, and leave.
No it was a last minute decision

I think it's convenience and routine. They are all over, and people get into a routine so they just have to go. I'll get it once in a while, but not more than once a month, and only if the line in short.

And it's not even a Solo cup 🤷‍♂️
Any one want one they just put the box out. Might as take one for every minute I’ve been standing here.

Super consistent everywhere.

Secret menu makes people feel special, a la in-n-out.

No clue how they stay staffed, seems miserable

Eh its ok. Give me Peets any day of the week over Starbucks. Wish they had locations here

I always have my daughter order ahead on the app. Even if it’s just 5 minutes before we get there, it helps.

After turning 16 in August, she’s been driving herself to school this year which means no waiting at Starbucks but it’s also a little sad that I don’t get that time with her each day to and from school. She leaves at 7:30 am and doesn’t get home right now until 5:30pm after her practice is over. On weekends she’s out with friends every night which still seems weird even though we’ve gone through this already with our two older ones.

Do you not do order ahead? I order when I get in my car at the house and it's always ready when I get there. Just park, walk in, grab drink, and leave.
Yep. And same with Chick-fil-a.

Probably one of the few who can say I've NEVER been to a Starbucks and no plans to visit one
You’re not alone. I don’t drink coffee so never been.

Yep. And same with Chick-fil-a.
That’s probably the best comparison ever, it’s exactly like chick fil a. I never thought of it that way

I don't drink coffee but I will have a hot chocolate instead, but I am not a fan of Starbucks and neither is Jen (for the coffee)
If we go anywhere, it is a Costa Coffee for us as she prefers their coffee and I prefer their hot chocolate

i don't go there often but it's never for coffee. turkey-bacon panini and butter croissants. when they ask about a drink, i tell them i have coffee in a can.

I don't drink coffee so it is even stranger to me when the wife wants her Starbucks. I don't get it.

There are some things for which I don't get the popular fascination. Starbucks is in there with Barbra Streisand and disco.

Back