What is it about THP that keeps you coming back?

For me, its the wealth of information and the fact that THP is big enough to be active but not so big that its difficult to keep up with and that I dont recognize any of the people who are posting.

I’m starting to post more and didn’t realize how close-knit this community was and how many people have met and golfed together, which I think is awesome. Hope to be able to participate some day

And like others have said, people are really nice and civil here. I’m sure I’ve asked some pretty stupid questions since I’m relatively new to golfing seriously (started lessons and playing regularly last year), but have never felt condescended or looked down upon

I like the reviews by @Jman @ddec @Canadan
I like how involved OEM’s are here.

As the times have changed here I don’t know as many people here as I did in the past, but hopefully that will change

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Overall the site is fun. Good people involved with interesting perspectives on a wide range of topics.

I promise I would never do that, my game invites enough criticism without providing ammunition. You are safe with me, sir! ;) (y)

See what I mean? This place is awesome

I think, like any community, it's the people. Whether that be the JB and Morgan, the rest of the members, or the partners. I've met some pretty amazing people in my years here, and got a lot of great opportunities.

There is great discussion here at THP. The Experiences allow people to meet and create new friendships. THP is more than just internet conversations.

The people.

All of y’all

I like the reviews by @Jman @ddec @Canadan
I like how involved OEM’s are here.

As the times have changed here I don’t know as many people here as I did in the past, but hopefully that will change

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
Thanks Shane!! That’s what I appreciates about you.

The awesome people here are why I’m here everyday. I have met some great friends here and hope to meet many more. Plus I love the reviews and info THP provides.

I like the people, and I like the gear talk. I've met some really great people from all over the place on here.

Who else can I talk golf to in the middle of winter in Manitoba?

Nobody.... at..... all......

Thats why I am here! lol

lots of sites say they're there for the community...I can only think of one other site that gives the way THP does...and even then, THP is far beyond any other site/forum I've been on...but what brings me back? post drives.

I said this in the thread mentioned, but think it's fits here better:

I just watched the Ass Cap announcement for the Grandaddy, and that is what I love about THP; people who are genuinely happy for those around them! It's bringing forum members along for the adventure, fostering friendships, forging bonds, and having fun with golf at the same time. Golf is the commonality, but no matter where we are from, who we are, or where we are going, we can engage in positive discussions about something we enjoy. That is what THP is about to me.
That about sums it up.

The forums are great. The reviews are the best from @JB, @Canadan, @ddec and everyone else that contributes. The reviews are honest and not subjective to any one OEM so they give you the real feel of the equipment. The amount of info that comes with all of those reviews and articles is phenomenal also.

Next month I will hit my 10 year anniversary reading THP, from the back seat I’ve watched THP grow into what it has become today.

I’ve never really been all that involved but have learned so much.

The people, the information, the staff and the overall sense of community. I think I’ll stick around.

The forums are great. The reviews are the best from @JB, @Canadan, @ddec and everyone else that contributes. The reviews are honest and not subjective to any one OEM so they give you the real feel of the equipment. The amount of info that comes with all of those reviews and articles is phenomenal also.
I agree, that @ddec is a peach. @Canandan is a little squirrelly though.
:p

I think I’d hit a character limit talking about what brings me back.

It's like a big old family of golf nuts. Even when we have dysfunctional arguments about (iron lofts ?) we still love each other.

Next month I will hit my 10 year anniversary reading THP, from the back seat I’ve watched THP grow into what it has become today.

I’ve never really been all that involved but have learned so much.

The people, the information, the staff and the overall sense of community. I think I’ll stick around.
It will be my 10th as well in April, it's amazing to watch as THP has grown, but still kept to it's roots and kept all of us Hackers together, informed, educated all while having some fun along the way and providing amazing access, experience and connections with brands from across the world.

Golf is a hobby with THP it's a lifestyle!

There’s a lot to like. I get a sense this community truly cares for one another. The staff are all pretty awesome too. I’ve been wildly wrong on some stuff and the convo is always cordial.

It’s the community; the people and conversations. The camaraderie and sense of belonging. It’s the unmatched access to “First Looks” of tech, gear and everything else.

This place is home. A community of other golf nuts who are just obsessed and a wealth of knowledge. These are some of the best people I've interacted with and met.

Back