What is the Best Srixon Golf Ball?

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited by a moderator:
With the release last week of a new Srixon Z-STAR Diamond golf ball to the lineup, the questions began about which was right for you? We hopped into the THP Tech Studio hitting bay and in this episode of TESTED!, we answer the question, what is the best Srixon Golf Ball?

The Lineup
Srixon Z-STAR
Srixon Z-STAR XV
Srixon Z-STAR DIAMOND
Srixon Q-STAR TOUR

After watching the video above, which golf ball do you think will give you the best performance? Are you planning on picking up some Srixon this year and giving them a try?

Continue reading...

@Canadan we need more of you in THPTV. You cracked me up in this video! Defintely used the Q Star Tour golf ball before switching to Callaway.

I've played the Z-star in the past, and it's a good ball but I leave distance out there compared to others I've played. I've been thinking about the XV, but the Diamond is intriguing.

I played a par 3 round with some Q-star tour Divide, and I really enjoyed them. The feel off the irons was fantastic. Have yet to hit any with driver, but I think Srixon has something here, and I think seeing the numbers. Even though it's the lowest spinning here, I had no trouble stopping them on the greens.

So after all that, I think I'm going Q-Star tour Divide

Interesting results. You're hilarious throwing the balls down man. 🔥:LOL:

Great video, looks like the Diamond definitely does what it claims. Was surprised the Q-Star Tour held up so well versus the big guns of the Srixon lineup.

I need to remember why I moved to the Z-Star from the Q-Star tour last time....

Enjoyed the video

Great video, looks like the Diamond definitely does what it claims. Was surprised the Q-Star Tour held up so well versus the big guns of the Srixon lineup.
It’s such an interesting question because it’s a 3 piece urethane covered golf ball. Yet it’s viewed as “lesser” mainly due to its price I would imagine.

It’s such an interesting question because it’s a 3 piece urethane covered golf ball. Yet it’s viewed as “lesser” mainly due to its price I would imagine.
That's certainly how I view it. Not that it's not a fantastic ball, I've played it and enjoyed it but at the price point my instinct is to think of it as a lesser ball than the more expensive options.

Reactions: JB
Puttmaster Jr. has been a big fan of the Q Star Tour for several years. He actually prefers it to ANY other golf ball.

Very interesting report. There are “others” that say a soft ball is a slow ball but that doesn’t seem to be the case, especially with the 8-iron as tested. Would love to see some numbers with the driver please!

Big fan of the XV over the Z Star. Just like the feel better. Q Star Tour didn’t stop around the green as well for me. I’ll be trying Diamond for sure.

I did not expect that type of performance out of the Q Star tour. Very interesting.

Interesting results. Kinda inline with what I would expect. The z star seems to be the under performing ball of the group.

q star is just too soft for my liking.

Very interesting report. There are “others” that say a soft ball is a slow ball but that doesn’t seem to be the case, especially with the 8-iron as tested. Would love to see some numbers with the driver please!
Firmer balls can offer more speed.
Distance however is not just a basic line on speed. Launch and spin have to enter the dynamic. Firmer balls can offer more spin too. There is a fine dynamic between getting the right ball performance wise if one wants to maximize. Click bait sites aside, core technology has changed a lot as well and the old adage of simply putting a compression number out shouldn't be a basis for what a golfer views for distance.

I haven't played with enough of their balls to know, but I really like the new divide that is in NORMAL colors. I always liked the idea of the divide but I don't want to play golf with a ball that should be left for putt-putt. I'd like to try this in the z star for sure.

Played the QS tour last year (becausse the divide was fun) and was quite impressed. The spin on full shots was fine and being more of a bump and run guy, spin around the greens wasn't an issue. For the price, the Tour's are an excellent value.

Any idea what driver spin looks like with these 4 options?

I can't wait to watch this. This is right up my alley.

That is why we did the test and broke down all of the data for you. :D
One man's data at a 1 handicap and clubs vs. another man's data at a 17 handicap and clubs could produce slightly different data.

Nonetheless, I've landed on the Z star divide. That's what I'd ultimately love to try.

Interesting the Z-Star is so much slower ball speed wise

Any idea what driver spin looks like with these 4 options?
The reason we don't normally do that in our ball videos is it will be 100% different based on who is swinging it. Compression plays a pretty big role here as does impact location obviously, but for the person swinging, the differences between the balls would remain. Lowest spinning to highest, speaking in generalities.

I would have said QST heading into the video since I've played it a lot since it's release and I really like it. But seeing Dan's results with the Z Star Diamond have me reconsidering that.

Best part is I have some of those new Z Stars along with some QST so I can try them out side by side to see which one might be best for my swing & game. Nice vid.

Back