What is the best swing solution you have ever figured out - on your own?

The hub moves the rim not the other way around. The motive power comes from within to withotut on all shots including the putt. The hands and forearms control the clubface while the wrists are the medium that delivers the power to the clubhead generated by the large muscles of the legs, pelvis and torso.
The wrist absolutely have “ no “ power to deliver to the ball. They are simply hinges on the ends of our arms that allow us to form levers for power / speed , yet millions of players try incorrectly to use their wrist to provide power. Those are the high handicappers.
Their are “ two “ levers in a golf swing - the arms and turning torso ( inner circle ) . The inner circle ( rotation ) provides the majority of the power . All “ controlled “ by our “ dominant extremities “ ( AKA - HANDS our external brains) - the only connection to the tool we have chosen for the task .
It is the “ simple intent “ of the hands that sets up a sequence of events and the puppets / followers down below will oblige without ever questioning . That correct “ intent “ by our dominant hands is extremely important at the very start of the DS . If it’s sequence is not correct the entire process will incorrect .

Finding the best swing solution on your own can no doubt vary for each golfer out there. Also how to maintain that solution going forward is vital.

In some cases the solution might be the wrist generating power, the legs, stronger torso, ground forces, or a number of other things that add or generate power, or even a simple setup position. There is no direct or related evidence that because someone uses their wrist to generate power that they are a high handicapper.

Some golfers utilize wrist more than others and it works for some and others it doesn't. I can generate serious swing speed with my wrist, but I tend to have more control issues and more pain in my wrist. The wrist are capable of assisting in creating a large amount of swing speed which of course could translate into distance as there is a direct relation of speed at contact.

Making a full shoulder turn on the back swing, and on the down swing allowing the arms, hands, club trail as I pull the club through the swing, while keeping the butt of the club pointed at the ball. When I do it correctly, the results are startling.

Finding the best swing solution on your own can no doubt vary for each golfer out there. Also how to maintain that solution going forward is vital.

In some cases the solution might be the wrist generating power, the legs, stronger torso, ground forces, or a number of other things that add or generate power, or even a simple setup position. There is no direct or related evidence that because someone uses their wrist to generate power that they are a high handicapper.

Some golfers utilize wrist more than others and it works for some and others it doesn't. I can generate serious swing speed with my wrist, but I tend to have more control issues and more pain in my wrist. The wrist are capable of assisting in creating a large amount of swing speed which of course could translate into distance as there is a direct relation of speed at contact.
Luchnia . I can certainly understand why you would think that the wrist can provide speed. Many great players in the past have written books that incorrectly described what they thought was happening - and understandably so .
Hold your right wrist stationary with your left hand and tell me how much speed you can generate with your right wrist stationary while cocking and uncocking your wrist palm facing skyward. Not very much speed , huh -although it feels that is the case during your DS.
What you feel is happening during your DS and what is actually happening is the problem and this is why so many great players have gotten it wrong through the years. The human brain receives messages from its extremities on a delayed basis . Any plan the player has to perform such an incredibly fast action of a DS which only takes 2/10 seconds has to be preprogrammed in advance BC the eyes will not be able to see it's HANDS and the brain does not work in real time .

Luchnia . I can certainly understand why you would think that the wrist can provide speed. Many great players in the past have written books that incorrectly described what they thought was happening - and understandably so .
Hold your right wrist stationary with your left hand and tell me how much speed you can generate with your right wrist stationary while cocking and uncocking your wrist palm facing skyward. Not very much speed , huh -although it feels that is the case during your DS.
What you feel is happening during your DS and what is actually happening is the problem and this is why so many great players have gotten it wrong through the years. The human brain receives messages from its extremities on a delayed basis . Any plan the player has to perform such an incredibly fast action of a DS which only takes 2/10 seconds has to be preprogrammed in advance BC the eyes will not be able to see it's HANDS and the brain does not work in real time .
Luchnia- does Tiger use his wrist for speed?

Attachments

• 4495C0A5-6FD5-46D2-8856-3DA630ADB6DB.jpeg
    4495C0A5-6FD5-46D2-8856-3DA630ADB6DB.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3
I think releasing tension in my arms and shoulders prior to swinging really loosened me up for faster ball speed.

Currently, I am trying to feel a more inside takeaway.
I haven't looked at it on video yet, but it is really helping ball striking with the irons. I feel less steep and striking the ball really well for me. Can even produce a draw if I want to.

Side note. The new Titleist t200 irons are absolute rocketships when you do your part

Luchnia . I can certainly understand why you would think that the wrist can provide speed.
I don't think the wrist provide speed, nor does it matter what I think. The fact based evidence proves the wrist can improve speed. If the wrist are used improperly they could also hinder speed.

If I exaggerate my wrist movement my swing speed increases 3-5 MPH (proven fact), but the results are not worth the effort for me. I settle in at 100 average with the driver without a lot of wrist action which works well for my build and doesn't hurt my wrists.

Let's not muddy the waters with evidence. Closed-minded opinions and condescending attitudes... that's what'll unlock the secrets of the golf swing for ya!

Let's not muddy the waters with evidence. Closed-minded opinions and condescending attitudes... that's what'll unlock the secrets of the golf swing for ya!
Luchnia- players who use their “ hands and wrist incorrectly “ to try to create speed and power are generally the lesser players. The hands don't have the power to propel any object great distances, but it is only natural to think that. The “ secret “ ( of which their is actually none ) is right their in the pic of the great player , Tiger Woods. The hands only “ control “ the entire action, but the correct golf swing is certainly anything but— “””natural !”””
I just wish that players would use their own skills of observation to learn from.

“I wish people would use their own skills of observation.” Says the guy who gives more unsolicited advice - based on opinion instead of fact - than anyone else on the forum. This on a thread about what we’ve figured out on our own.

While everyone else is having a discussion, there always seems to be that one person with far superior intelligence who's hellbent on setting the record straight.

Luchnia- players who use their “ hands and wrist incorrectly “ to try to create speed and power are generally the lesser players. The hands don't have the power to propel any object great distances, but it is only natural to think that. The “ secret “ ( of which their is actually none ) is right their in the pic of the great player , Tiger Woods. The hands only “ control “ the entire action, but the correct golf swing is certainly anything but— “””natural !”””
I just wish that players would use their own skills of observation to learn from.
You are responding to Jonma1, yet your post is directed toward me. I assume wristy players will struggle more, but that is just assumption on my part. However calling them the generally lesser players has no evidential basis.

You use Tiger a lot to support your theories. If one studies Tiger's theories on golf we find they don't align well with yours. There is no doubt that Tiger believed in a well rounded and balanced golf swing with no one part usurping the other except maybe position. You get the notion from what Tiger said that during the swing the arms and hands are just along for the ride really. Tiger was meticulous on setup and ball position. He said ball position would make or break you.

BTW here are some interesting statements made by Tiger said in his book, How I Play Golf.

"You must discover what works best for you and work diligently to maximize your potential."
"...the golf swing will always be a work in progress..."
"If your grip is sound, you don't have to think about your hands at all during the swing."
"If I start the downswing by shifting my lower body to the left and unturning my hips, the club will drop down and approach the ball on the perfect path and plane."
"I like to start the downswing by shifting my weight easily back to my left side, and then letting my arms "fall" downward in front of my chest."
"The purpose of addressing the ball correctly is so you can return to that position at impact."

"The sequence of motion on the backswing is the same for the driver as for every other club. But I do pay special attention to my hips. I make absolutely sure that my hips turn rather than slide into my right. Turning my hips is one of the first signs I am accumulating power. This rotary motion in my hips and shoulders is much like loading a giant spring. By the time I reach the top, my hips and shoulders are primed to unload with tremendous speed."

"On the downswing the sequence of motion is from the ground up. First you shift your weight to your left leg, then you turn your hips with all you've got. The shoulders come next... The arms and hands come last."

You are responding to Jonma1, yet your post is directed toward me. I assume wristy players will struggle more, but that is just assumption on my part. However calling them the generally lesser players has no evidential basis.

You use Tiger a lot to support your theories. If one studies Tiger's theories on golf we find they don't align well with yours. There is no doubt that Tiger believed in a well rounded and balanced golf swing with no one part usurping the other except maybe position. You get the notion from what Tiger said that during the swing the arms and hands are just along for the ride really. Tiger was meticulous on setup and ball position. He said ball position would make or break you.

BTW here are some interesting statements made by Tiger said in his book, How I Play Golf.

"You must discover what works best for you and work diligently to maximize your potential."
"If your grip is sound, you don't have to think about your hands at all during the swing."
"If I start the downswing by shifting my lower body to the left and unturning my hips, the club will drop down and approach the ball on the perfect path and plane."
"I like to start the downswing by shifting my weight easily back to my left side, and then letting my arms "fall" downward in front of my chest."
"The purpose of addressing the ball correctly is so you can return to that position at impact."

"The sequence of motion on the backswing is the same for the driver as for every other club. But I do pay special attention to my hips. I make absolutely sure that my hips turn rather than slide into my right. Turning my hips is one of the first signs I am accumulating power. This rotary motion in my hips and shoulders is much like loading a giant spring. By the time I reach the top, my hips and shoulders are primed to unload with tremendous speed."

"On the downswing the sequence of motion is from the ground up. First you shift your weight to your left leg, then you turn your hips with all you've got. The shoulders come next... The arms and hands come last."
Wow- you make it sound so simple . If only that was correct. Then every player would be a scratch or plus player. I guess some people find it necessary to think about their hips or feet while they are walking or running . I never had to . I never have since I learned to stand up and I certainly don’t while making a golf swing . I think only about my dominant hands BC they are the dominant parts of my body and the only the only connection to the shaft.
The position that Tiger is in is NOT NATURAL and can not be duplicated without trained hands. You can focus on your hips if you like , but your dominant hands don’t receive their instructions from the hips.
Wishing you a successful golf swing with nothing but pars and birdies.

Luchnia- my apologies for incorrectly responding to you . With all due respect to your way of thinking - what I described that Tiger is doing in the attached pic is NOT a theory - it is actually ” factual !”

Wow- you make it sound so simple . If only that was correct. Then every player would be a scratch or plus player. I guess some people find it necessary to think about their hips or feet while they are walking or running . I never had to . I never have since I learned to stand up and I certainly don’t while making a golf swing . I think only about my dominant hands BC they are the dominant parts of my body and the only the only connection to the shaft.
The position that Tiger is in is NOT NATURAL and can not be duplicated without trained hands. You can focus on your hips if you like , but your dominant hands don’t receive their instructions from the hips.
Wishing you a successful golf swing with nothing but pars and birdies.
Those quotes were from Tiger's book, not me. Whether he is correct, or not, that I don't know. The golf swing varies by individual. He did not say he focused on his hips but that his hip turn started it. No doubt he has a solid track record and a lot of great info in the book about his game and the book is definitely worth a number of reads. I would assume that with your knowledge of the GH dominant hand theory you would not be willing to accept what Tiger teaches in his book since it does not agree.

The book is loaded with good points and instruction on how he played golf and he goes into a number of ways he tackled tourneys and various shots. He talks about how when he won the Masters in 1997 with a too upright swing he felt he had gotten away with murder. He said he had a lot of swing faults during that tournament and went to work on correcting them after watching the videos of his swing.

Focusing on dominant hands and other theories were not high atop Tiger's list. It seems he tried to keep it as simple as he could. He does go into how important the grip is and stated the grip was the "cornerstone of the swing." Tiger's concepts on the golf swing was more around a balanced swing throughout and leaving nothing out of what he believes are the main parts of the swing sequence.

No one part taking a high priority over the other, but working together in unison to form the whole. It doesn't seem like Tiger ever figured out a swing solution, because he believed his swing was always a work in progress.

I haven’t figured out anything on my own. I’d find some band-aids for a round but that would quickly go away.

Luchnia- my apologies for incorrectly responding to you . With all due respect to your way of thinking - what I described that Tiger is doing in the attached pic is NOT a theory - it is actually ” factual !”
What evidence are the facts based on? It would appear that what you described is one person's perception of what is happening. A person's perception does not make something a fact. A number of people can view a picture and come out with a number of different concepts of what is happening.

I haven’t figured out anything on my own. I’d find some band-aids for a round but that would quickly go away.
No doubt a difficult task for many. I know there are so many things I can figure out on my own, but some completely evade me and until I see a video I simple would not get it.

No doubt a difficult task for many. I know there are so many things I can figure out on my own, but some completely evade me and until I see a video I simple would not get it.

I was very arms-y with my swing so my rotation was bad and the club face was always open to the club path. They just lead to sweeping and no power.

I started going to a more rotational swing and got my club face control working out much better than before. This was all after I got some instruction.

What evidence are the facts based on? It would appear that what you described is one person's perception of what is happening. A person's perception does not make something a fact. A number of people can view a picture and come out with a number of different concepts of what is happening.
Luchnia- good question . I will attached some pics of some other great players in about the same position during their DS Aand see if they are any different than Tiger ?
I can put attach thousands more that would look very similar to these. You might also observe that Tiger does not have as much lateral leg drive as some in the past, but they all have trained their hands to perform in the same manner - holding the lag understanding that their torso rotation will square the face .

Attachments

• BA006BBC-7A89-4C06-A9D9-5722570CB389.jpeg
    BA006BBC-7A89-4C06-A9D9-5722570CB389.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 89DCC769-7C94-425B-82D6-28082DFC36F4.jpeg
    89DCC769-7C94-425B-82D6-28082DFC36F4.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 0
  • 1540B873-CEEB-4CB2-9869-57FEBEAD3C7F.jpeg
    1540B873-CEEB-4CB2-9869-57FEBEAD3C7F.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 0640A7A4-BB72-492E-A5F0-920A863EF0FA.jpeg
    0640A7A4-BB72-492E-A5F0-920A863EF0FA.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 5C40872B-2367-4B80-B719-BEDA699476EC.jpeg
    5C40872B-2367-4B80-B719-BEDA699476EC.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Luchnia- good question . I will attached some pics of some other great players in about the same position during their DS Aand see if they are any different than Tiger ?
I can put attach thousands more that would look very similar to these. You might also observe that Tiger does not have as much lateral leg drive as some in the past, but they all have trained their hands to perform in the same manner - holding the lag understanding that their torso rotation will square the face .
Looks like a large amount of torso rotation and hip movement and left side body bow except for the guy without a club. What stands out in those pictures is extraneous side body bow. Notice how different the hands and head positions are in each picture.

If we did not know who they are one might perceive from these pictures that they are struggling with balance issues. No real fact based evidence to support hand dominance or forced hand training there at all.

Hard to know what these pictures represent with each individual golfer. We don't know what their swings are like unless we see them live or have live action videos at high speed frame rates.

I film my swing often and knew I needed to steepen the club faster/earlier in my swing as I tend to suck the club inside. However, this guys thought seems to help me:

Swinging a little more around my body made a big difference and almost completely eliminated a big slice.

What has been the most helpful solution you have ever figured out (on your own) for a golf swing issue that had been bugging you...???

Feeling like I am pulling through the ball with my left arm, esp. with driver. Even when the shots weren't 100% solid, they were straight.

Back