What is the best swing solution you have ever figured out - on your own?

Good point. I jot down so many thoughts and forget them or use them or forget them. Probably a good post for the 60 and over thread, lol. I am trying to simplify the swing in 2022. Maybe, a pre-swing of Dr Kwon's drills will work and then let er rip!

If you do use it, please let us know how the drill works for you. I used it a lot during my launch monitor session yesterday. If nothing else, it seemed to keep me loose and used to the feeling of better mechanics... less "hit the ball" and more/improved sequencing of all the moving parts.

A return to a baseball feel type of swing.
No do this, no do that, etc.
Just reach back, get full back swing and let her rip.
Of course, this is after years of drilling different "moves" into the psyche.
I'm sure some of those "old" moves are ingrained into the baseball free flowing thought, but I really couldn't tell you what they are.
Rocullen- the baseball hitters swing is very similar to the correct golf swing. If you make a slow motion swing with a baseball bat and stop right before impact you will notice the palm of your dominant hand facing skyward . This same position should be used for the golf swing. In both the baseball and golf swing this is proof that the rotating/ turning torso squares the bat /face and provides the power. The stretched left side lat and back muscles doing the pulling !

If you do use it, please let us know how the drill works for you. I used it a lot during my launch monitor session yesterday. If nothing else, it seemed to keep me loose and used to the feeling of better mechanics... less "hit the ball" and more/improved sequencing of all the moving parts.
I messed with the drill a tiny bit and it seems challenging for me to get the correct stepping motion sequence. Sometimes it was perfect then it would be off. The few times I did it well I could definitely swing better throughout the swing. Kwon is probably on to something here. Also I found if I do a smaller movement when setting up it gets me a lot looser before hitting.

I got my swing speed up higher than I had it during early spring and I still have the higher speeds. I think the faster speed has affected my consistency a little, but for some reason I don't hit well with a slower speed. I think I may be too tense and not even realize it.

I hit the ball pretty well for an older guy, but I imagine I could hit it much better once I get to working on some solid drills. I used to do some swing drills with my swingrite trainer and during that time I could hit so much better consistency wise. I slacked off some and that has cost me a bit with ball striking.

For me I would have to say start the downswing with the lower half of the body

The theory of stable clubface angle just makes scoring easier I try to set my clubface at impact fixed with minimal hand action through impact It’s easier with low lofted clubs like woods and putter With the irons I deloft it with shaft lean to prevent any flipping or hand action. However on occasions if I don’t feel I have the proper rhythm or I’m trying a speciality shot I will set up on purpose to allow my hands to rotate excessively through impact (hook feel)

I was pulling my puts and released my forward elbow to let my follow through go to the hole better. I've found a bit of chicken wing works well when putting and chipping.

657187F9-17C5-4CFA-979F-A6796AADBECA.jpeg

That works well at times.

But also, turn your chest through the ball. Works rather well at times too!

Placing the emphasis on the forearms rather than the hands when I take my grip. When the forearms are in their neutral position, the position of your hands on the club is right. Also, during the swing the forearms never rotate. All arm rotation comes from the shoulder joints. These two things help me hit the ball very straight.

Back