What is the furthest you have ever putted from off the green?

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Title says it all! Has anyone ever gone full Mickelson at the Memorial from hell?

I remember my grandmother would break out the putter from 50 yards. I’ve never been that bold and would hazard a guess that I’ve never putted from further than 10 yards off the green.

Probably 10-15 yards. Much further than that I’ll either be “chutting” with a hybrid or playing a bump and run with an iron, unless it’s a really, really tightly mown fairway.

Not farther than 30 yards. Phil is a magician using that long backswing after his putter came up short, lol.

At Bandon Dunes 50+ yards away from the green players routinely putt the ball.

Probably not more than 15 or 20 yards. I play a 6 iron low to the ground depending on the conditions. This past summer on a super windy day I got up and down from 30 yards out with the ball mostly on the ground and holed a shot from about 20 yards in the same way.

I hit punch shots from that position almost every time I play but the putter does not seem to make sense. Had I putted to his location I likely need 4 strokes to get up and down. I would have taken a PW and chipped.

From off the green, I tend to putt with my 4h. I use it about 20ft off the green at most.

Not very far, maybe 5 yards max. I would rather chip.

Maybe 10-12 ft. and most likely because I didn't realize I was that far off, only brought a putter, and didn't want to walk back for something else. That school of thought for putting from anywhere near the green is bananaballs to me.

If it’s possible/sensible to putt, I’ll putt. My worst putt will most likely turn out a lot better than my worst chip.

I will consider putting any time I am off the green. I have putted from 20 yards or more away many times. Tightly mown areas snd elevated greens may make the putter a better play than any chip shot for me.

probably no more than 10 feet... i just don't play on courses where the surrounding surfaces are usually smooth enough to even consider it... and hammering a putt is not appealing to me at all... i'd rather bump and run with an 8i all day

I worked really hard on my chipping this last year and it showed some good signs. That being said going into a new season, if my chipping is as horrendous as it has been in the past, you better believe I'm going to start putting from all over the place this year!

Bump and run all day, every day for me with that putt in front of me.

Maybe 60 or 70 yards (not counting 13 at Bandon Preserve)

Few feet. Putter is pretty close to green exclusive for me unless I'm super short sided

Maybe 10 yards or so for me.

Oh, from many many yards off the green. On a lot of the links courses over here it's the play 100% of the time. So many times I've tried to fly wedges in, or even the bump and runs and the experienced links guys just take the putter from miles off the green and get it rolling.

Generally only use a putter on the green, if I'm off at all it's almost always some type of iron. It's not very often I play on a course that is mowed short enough to use a putter.

Not far as the public courses I play just are not fast enough to putt off the green. Maybe 5 foot once or twice. Mostly a pitch or chip.

Probably 30 yards out of a long green side bunker with a low lip, almost made it too! I'm always more comfortable with a wedge in my hand around the green.

Back