What is the longest drive you have ever hit?

My longest was 370, with a 4 wood. I had a 25 mile an hour tailwind. I think it's the only time I've driven a green. 3 putted for par.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hit one 290 that was an elevated tee box on a par 5. It still felt great though

I hit one 290 that was an elevated tee box on a par 5. It still felt great though

You forgot to mention it was 32 degrees, hitting into a 40mph wind and you caught it a little thin! :D

You forgot to mention it was 32 degrees, hitting into a 40mph wind and you caught it a little thin! :D

Haha oh yeah how could I forget those details... #InternetGolfer WTF!!

Important to put all that down. The struggle is real...if not for those conditions you could hit it 500+ easy

I've hit couple that remained on the fairway that we estimated to be a little over 300 yds. Didn't happen to me very often because I was so wild with the driver in my younger more flexible days.

At the Gauntlet. My longest by a mile and it was all thanks to that AZ weather and roll. Sad thing is, we didn't use my drive. GregDan was longer.

abd2c3e9546f7f4599a2ea38af8d84c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My longest was ridiculously long, thought it was a lost ball that appeared to land in the middle of the fairway. Found it after giving up, it was just over 370 from the tee...

ZERO CREDIT FOR ME, it had to have hit a sprinkler head and ricochet straight down the fairway, there is no other way to explain it...

I have had a few over 400 yards thanks to either windy and dry fairways, or from a lucky bounce. Most notably was shorter par 5 than I landed on the 150 marker and shot forward to about 60 yards from the green.

Had one of 340 today with minimal wind right down the middle of the fairway. Got me this little guy. Lol
cf178eb397abd9766a121b3c4ed80be2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I hit a cart next to the green on a 375 yard par 4 once. I nailed the drive and then it ran down the cart path. It actually hit the cart pretty hard due to the cart path. I went up to them to apologize and instead of being pissed they congratulated me on a crazy drive.

18th at Encinitas(might be 9 now I think they switched 9s) Ranch in San Diego Area. Par 5 with a straight cart path. Ended up 40 yards short of pin high as it took at least 7 or 8 bounces on cart path. That would make the drive around 430 to 450.

Hit one Tuesday that might still be bouncing. Straight road parallel to hole that I pulled with a touch of fade and was basically dead middle of street and probably stayed on the road for a million bounces.

My longest one was the last swing with my r9 at Kings links. Hole is 429 , had 82 left to the green. The fairways get rock hard ,it's common to get good roll in the summer time.

314 l here, but I had help from a tree to get it back in the right fairway, lol. 313 is the longest good drive I've had, straight down the middle of the fairway

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Wow you internet golfers are long lol I have never hit a drive over 280

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Around 290 with a 3w, BUT at least 45 of that was roll. Dried out fairways are a blessing sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

A little bit over 300 yards at the Rose Bowl golf course (Brookside GC #1 course) with down wind. The golfers in front of us we're at least on their second shot and I still passed them. Felt like a BOSS! Lol

I hit one off a cart path a few years back and it got to 34t yards measured by my GPS.

The longest I've measured without getting lucky is 320. I've hit a handful that length.

Whats a long drive?:banghead:

Best in benign conditions, flat hole, is 323 yards. But that's back when my SS would occasionally surpass 120 mph.

Not nearly my present condition but I can still get it out there some. Not that there... My new there. And only sometimes. ?

My average drive is about 230 yards. But my longest was 315 yards. Par 5...tee shot down a mountain...high draw with a wind at my back...in July...ball bounced and rolled forever on that hard dry fairway. Obviously I know it was the conditions and had little to do with the guy with the stick in his hand. But still a nice experience to have at least once.

350'ish. Very favorable conditions. Hitting downhill with wind behind me and in dry conditions (Eastern WA in the summer). I don't think I have ever come close to hitting that far. My normal 'good' drives are around 240'ish. Sometimes I can get lucky and get in the 250-260 range.

354yard downwind with cart path love. dipped from 50 out like a newb but managed to save my par haha. I have not seen 350 since then...

Wow you internet golfers are long lol I have never hit a drive over 280

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Strengthen your grip and full shoulder turn.

Strengthen your grip and full shoulder turn.

That or just get your driver lengthened to 50"

Dang it. I just posted that I wouldn't post distances. Now I see this. Angel on left shoulder, devil on the right. Which will win???

Screw it. You asked, I'll tell. As a preface, I do NOT hit it this far regularly (although I'm not short) and I did use to compete in local and regional long drive comps. My overall game sucks but I've always been able to smack that little white bean.

Hole 10 on my local course is a 510 yard par 5 from the tips. It's a slightly elavated tee running into a valley and then into an uphill landing area to about 360 or so. At 360 there is a small Ridge then it goes slightly downhill after. Standing on the tee, there was a slight wind at my back (less than 10mph). I hit it dead center nutt pure and watch it. Drives that are really busted tend to have that "climbing, climbing, climbing" then they hit another gear and about 150 out seem to jump up, furthering the climbing. If you've been around a truly whacked golf ball you'll know what I refer to, it's like another gear added on at 150 or so. Anyways this one does it and carries the Ridge I've never been able to do so before. It now lands on a downslope on a hard fairway. I go up looking for it and have just about call off the search when my dad says, "hey is that a ball". I go up and it's sitting at 65 yards out. This hole is dead straight. I've since GPS verified that it's really as long as it says (courses around here tend to flat out lie about distances, and this one does too but not in this hole). It's a true 445. So 445. That's my longest drive ever. I rarely reached 400 in the LD comps with LD drivers. To hit that with my regular club, that was a real treat. There were a ton of facitors involved and it's certainly not repeatable, but I'll take it. Not many guys will ever have a half wedge as a second into a par 5. For the record, I was only half proud of the par I walked away from, lol!

I won't mention my 3i shot that makes this pale in comparison (put down the pitchforks, no I didn't hit it over 445). Unless requested, lol! I have a ton of stories but I'm going to let them naturally come out. I've learned that length is a pretty taboo topic so im not going to talk about it unless asked or it comes up naturally.

Good day gents! And of course ladies!

Back