What is the longest drive you have ever hit?

I saw tpluff drive it into the fringe, pin high, on #11 (300+ yards) at Rum Pointe. He then just missed the GIR

GPS longest drive for me is 313.
I was just trying to leave myself a uphill birdie putt with that front left pin position ?. Still made par, but disappointing. Felt bad for ice jacking too.

I was just trying to leave myself a uphill birdie putt with that front left pin position ?. Still made par, but disappointing. Felt bad for ice jacking too.
It was a missile and there was no way to keep the ball on the green going down that ridge unless you hit the flagstick

That was a monster drive, I remember it too.

Not sure exactly, but has to have been one in Utah helped by elevation. I know I've hit a few around 320 when the ground is firm in the late summer and the fall.

At sea level here, probably 290 or 300 down a hill somewhere. I hit one a few months back at the goat track by my work that went nearly 300 down a hill with dry ground.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last year on the par 5 10th hole I managed a drive over 400 yards after some cart path assistance. I end up hitting a wedge into the neck of the green and chipped in for my first eagle of the year.

I've had a wind aided 330+ drive before as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

295 confirmed with Gps - fairways were hard at cement. ALOT of rollout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number 5 at my home course is a little down hill Par 4 that plays 380 from the whites. I had a nice tail wind, it wasn't a hurricane wind tho and I lasered the guys on the tee box from my ball and got 340. It was the perfect swing with perfect contact and everything synced up. It was nice to feel a PGA Tour drive for once in my life lol. Maddog was there to verify as well!

as much as I would like to say a hurricane tail wind, I can't. it was more of a breeze than a tail wind. it was a nice warm day. it was one of the smoothest swings I have seen him make, nice little draw on a high tee shot that just kept going!

Number 5 at my home course is a little down hill Par 4 that plays 380 from the whites. I had a nice tail wind, it wasn't a hurricane wind tho and I lasered the guys on the tee box from my ball and got 340. It was the perfect swing with perfect contact and everything synced up. It was nice to feel a PGA Tour drive for once in my life lol. Maddog was there to verify as well!

as much as I would like to say a hurricane tail wind, I can't. it was more of a breeze than a tail wind. it was a nice warm day. it was one of the smoothest swings I have seen him make, nice little draw on a high tee shot that just kept going!
#VaporProBombs :D

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This past weekend, @Mulligan9111 hit multiple over 3 bills, including a wind-aided shot somewhere around 410. That was filthy long.

Played with a THPer yesterday and I hammered a drive and it rode a heavy wind to a total of 390 yards. I don't think that will ever happen again.

Played with a THPer yesterday and I hammered a drive and it rode a heavy wind to a total of 390 yards. I don't think that will ever happen again.
That only happens to me on a 260 yard par 4.

Nice shot ha-ha!

According to my new Arccos system, it's 306, but i have yet to really get ahold of one. Had a bunch in the 250 range as well, so anything above 275 seems to be special for me. Had a 285 drive with my 3H though. Lol

Right around 300 as confirmed by GPS. The fairways were firm and the hole went slightly downhill when you got up around the last 1/3 of the fairway.

350m, with a 5w, by fairway markings(!!). Downmountain, downwind, rock hard fairway. Crazy course in Spain, built on a mountain slope: one fairway down, next up. I took that as a sporting event and walked, and boy, was I toast after that.
Highlights: A drivable par4, 390m (missed it, though). Long par4, 290m. On that, my 8 iron had the trajectory of a well hit drive, compared to ground. A guy in my group hit a 6i, which didn't get in the air good enough. A friend missed a putt about a yard, rolled off the green, down the fairway. Next shot was a full 8i.
It was a fun and strange experience, and I don't' regret doing it. I wouldn't do it again though; once is more than enough, thank you.

Longest drive that I've been able to measure came Saturday afternoon. I don't usually hit driver off the tee so my 4i fills that slot. I was playing a 288 yard par 4 where the fairway ends around 220, drops down about 20-30 feet, and then continues to the green. I usually play a 6-7i on this hole to avoid going over the edge and leaving myself a downhill shot from the rough. This round I felt like going for the green since I had the wind at my back. I hit a high draw off the tee that carried the slope. I thought I'd be sitting in the rough short right of the green but as I got the end of the fairway, my ball was sitting about 4 yards from the front of the green, in the fairway. Official distance from the tee was 271 with a 4i thanks to what must have been a great bounce down the hill. Since I've had my GPS watch, that's the longest shot from the tee that I've been able to measure.

I hit a 'GPS measured' 325 yard drive today.

That's my longest 'real' (i.e. no cart path involved) one.

There's a course near me that is your typical rural course, but the 18th hole is hilarious. It's a straight 385 yard par 4, but the green is literally 200 feet below the tee (1250 elevation on the tee, 1048 on the green). About 265 yards out, the fairway shrinks to just 10-12 yards wide and continues all the way down to the green. They keep the rough long enough that your ball won't roll out too far in it despite the slope. Last year I hit a 3w off the tee, landed it just off the right edge of the narrow strip of fairway, and it bounced into the fairway and rolled all the way down and over the back of the green. 401 yard 3 wood.

The second hole on my home course is flat and there's no cart path, I've managed to drive into the rough behind the green a few times when I hit one perfectly, that's about 315 yards. So that's my real max distance, but lots of courses around me are old farmland on hillsides so there's plenty of holes where 330+ is doable if you keep it in the fairway.

After some intense gym training, I have been able to pump em out there about 226 with a good down wind:bananadance: :golf2:

386y into 5mph 10 Cypress Creek CC. Callaway War Bird 10deg driver/ Harrison shaft. One of those big swings purely nutted. Checked by bushnell. Questioned by my playing partner!...spent 5 min looking for the phantom sprinkler cap that was not there. Medium trajectory, course cond average...or not bone dry. I still can't figure out how this happened...Bout 20yrs a go!

The longest drives I've ever hit have gone so far out of bounds I've never seen my ball again. That's happened more times than I can remember. My best in play drives have been 295 on a minidriver in 12* and 300 on a Callaway Razr Fit in 10.5*. The mini driver one had a lot of roll and the driver was hit into a flat fairway.

I'm far from being a long hitter. Normally I'm satisfied if I get a drive of 220. But every now and then I squeeze out one for 250 but I need to make contact with the sweetest of all spots on the face of my driver plus a dry fairway with some good ball roll helps make it possible

314 yards according to my GPS app. Little bit of a downhill hole, absolutely crushed it, pulled it a little, and glanced it off a tree and it landed out dead center of the fairway, 40 yards short of the green.

About 295 would be my longest legitimate drive, in the fairway, with no help from trees or cart paths, lol

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

I don't remember to be honest. Topped or center-face hit distance? I've easily topped a ball 110-120 yards. It is pretty impressive. I bladed a 50* wedge about 200 yards off the tee the other day when I was trying to hit it 120. Pretty sure I hit a deer in the woods over the next hole. Serious distance, big time power.

I remember hitting one bomb with my 3 wood playing with my dad once...I was probably 16 or 17. I hit a nice pull hook onto the adjacent 4 lane highway and watched it take 5 or 6 huge bounces before heading into a garage where I think I hit a mechanic. If you combine the distance of the drive plus how far I ran to make sure the mechanic didn't find me and beat me up, it was pretty far. Straight up pound town baby.

I dunno. I hit quite a few in the "Oh sh..." category when I was a teenager / young 20-something...my longest was at Grand National in Opelika, AL when I was about 22 I think. Withholding distance to maintain mythical Internet Golfer status. These days I have such a different (ugly) swing that I just want fairways. I can poke it out there if I actually make good contact but it doesn't happen with consistency. See the high speed top comment above. I have scared some ground-dwelling wildlife and probably killed a fish or seven this year. My longest 3 that I cared about this year were probably 320 which enabled a birdie, 350 which gave me an eagle chance on a short par 5 and one right around 330 the other day that came up about 10 yards short of the green, leading to an easy birdie. Of course, those were uphill, into the wind, at sea level with a high-spin ball...and all carry...rollout is for sissies. I use a XXX stiff shaft, tipped and with a -2 degree head...

Fairways baby, I just want fairways.

I can't remember exactly which drive it would be, but it would definitely be in Utah in the fall. The elevation assist there, as well as the rock-hard fairways after the summer bakes them out, means ball go FAR.

I have hit several drives that rolled out to 320 or so there. These drives would likely have only gone around 270-280 under normal conditions - still VERY good drives, mind you - but the conditions in Utah made them ridiculous.

For comparison though, I've seen bomber guys hit drives nearly 400 yards in Utah. I remember one dude had a flip pitching wedge left on his SECOND shot on a 520 yard par 5 there.

310, but it was assisted by the wind. Still felt great though!

"So this is how the pros feel huh?" :act-up:

Back