What is the longest iron you carry? Why?

Normally, a 6 iron is my longest iron. But do hyrons count as hybrids or irons? Because I have them from the 3 to the PW in my HB3 set.

5 iron for me. I like my 4 iron too but I only see an additional 10 yards when I hit off the tee. Off the deck that small loft difference creates a point of zero return for me and it's nice to have a hybrid in the bag for those pesky times when you need it.

3 iron.

No need for a 2 iron and I hit it consistently well.

5i for me. Any longer and I have trouble getting a consistent launch and have some issues chunking. I can hook hybrids marginally easier, but it's worth that risk for the consistent launch.

I use a Cleveland altitude in my 4 iron slot, though I don't use the rest of the set (Srixon Z545 5-PW fills in the rest).

I've got one of the UDI 2 Irons from Taylormade. I just prefer irons over hybrids.

For me it's the 5 iron. I have a 4 iron from my Srixon Z545 set that I haven't used and not sure if I ever will. May sell it.

5 iron for me. I'm weird in that I am the type of golfer (mental) that is more consistent with a 5i than a 9i.

I played a 6iron for the longest time and went 23*, 20* & 16* hybrids. I just never used my 5i consistently enough to justify having it & I was more cold than hot with it so I dropped it for a hybrid. Hybrids just give me more forgiveness, better consistency with distances & most importantly I'm more confident with a hybrid.

Right now a 5i is in the bag, but can honestly say it's only been used for punch outs. So I'm dropping it and going back to a 23* hybrid.

4 iron I think. 588 Altitude.

I love an "iron" set that doesn't require a hybrid. The less "types" of clubs for me, the better.

I played a 6iron for the longest time and went 23*, 20* & 16* hybrids. I just never used my 5i consistently enough to justify having it & I was more cold than hot with it so I dropped it for a hybrid. Hybrids just give me more forgiveness, better consistency with distances & most importantly I'm more confident with a hybrid.

Right now a 5i is in the bag, but can honestly say it's only been used for punch outs. So I'm dropping it and going back to a 23* hybrid.
I have been thinking about dropping the 5 as well. I'm not hitting it well lately...we shall see though.

4i for me. I use it a bunch at the course I play. Its the perfect club to layup on two of the par 5's, and depending on the pin placement, I can use it on one of the par 3's. Also chipping out from the trees. LOL

Depending on which set, 3 or 4. Why? So I can be judged and talked about.

Depending on which set, 3 or 4. Why? So I can be judged and talked about.

you're stupid. you should quit golf. /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're stupid. you should quit golf. /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha yeah not quite what I was thinking. But really I play long irons cause I love hitting them. Something about compressing a ball with with a two iron. Just feels so good. Yes I do struggle at times but it's not the Arrow it's the Indian and I'm go with it.

I play down to 4i because it looks cooler. I have a back row of 3 woods...if i added a hybrid it would throw off the symmetry of my bag. I also hit it better than any 4i I've tried, but that's beside the point.

I think too often people worry about fitting in, and over analyzing thier clubs. Sure we want to score better, if you can't hit long irons why not learn to play what you have. I have a couple hybrids that I cycle through. But I like hitting long irons.

5 iron cause rhe thought of having s 4 again just scares me

5 iron and I basically use it for punch shots and what not. Too inconsistent hitting it off the deck.

4i...I like the ability to use it for multiple type shots that I don't think I can hit with a hybrid.

Hmmmmmm, so I have Alt's so I'm not sure where to place a hyron in this discussion. Should I just leave now?

The 5 iron for me but I am in serious ponder about swapping it out for a hybrid.

Back