What is the longest you've gamed a putter?

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
Simple question...I know of a specific example of a 20+ year streak with one member here, but I'm curious how committed some of you have been to the same flat stick.

5 or 6 years, I think.

I think probably 5 years? I guess I had a Ping Zing from high school that was technically in my bag. But, there was a stretch of about 5-6 years where I barely played. If those years counted, then it would be about 10.

Prior to THP, 10 years.

Now I've got the 4th different one going in the bag this year.

Probably the longest I went without changing out putters was 6 years. This year I've changed out putters twice.

Just as a side note I've heard and read that Gary Player has used the same putter his entire professional career.

Early on i used the same putter for 5 years or so. Once I started understanding putters and liking "shiny and new" i'm lucky if I go more than a year or so. Although the current putter has been in the bag since July.

Exclusively? As a THP’er?! ? Hmmmm... that’s tough. Something about this place multiplies the clubs in my house. Current streak is two years I’d say. I have several that won’t go anywhere anytime soon now... thanks again to THP and Callaway. I keep a rotation going now so nothing is exclusive. ?

Every round I played until two months ago was on the same putter. Granted there is a 16 year away from golf in there.

Prior to THP I had owned 3 putters starting in 1991-1992 to 2016. Since? I bought 2 in prep for the Grandaddy, walked away from the Grandaddy with an O Works 1 and a Toulon San Diego to which I've added uhh several more Toulons in the past 3 years.

I have been using a Ping Redwood Anser since 2006. I also recently obtained, because of reviews here on THP, the new Cleveland Frontline Elevado. Also, I have been interested in going from a blade to a more mallet type.

Come spring, I 'll go to the putting green and make my choice. We'll see which one I select.

Probably around 5 years. Even before THP, that is the one club I was always looking to upgrade. Finally realized a year or two it is a lot more me than the instrument so have quit chasing the holy grail.

Several months ago I replaced a cheapie putter that I used for well over 25 years.

It was a bargain bin, "Zone 1", $5 or $6 putter, with the putter head made of dissimilar metals, that just flat out fit my stroke, and together we made alot putts. It had a graphite shaft on it.

For some reason the dissimilar metals started to separate, and it was deemed unrepairable.

I replaced it with a "Heavy Putter" that I had laying around in the garage for several years, that surprisingly made putts too. I am assuming this replacement putter will be my last. The thing is like an armored tank both in weight, and looks.

It always seems to go about 5 years for me.

Scotty Cameron Fastback for 4-5 years.

10 years and running...

I think I used my Rossie for 2 or 3 years. Then I found THP and go through probably four a year. I did pretty good last year with only three.

Rotated two putters over the past 4 years. I probably haven't gamed 1 putter for an entire year for maybe 6 years

A season maybe. Since that year it’s been maybe a round or two if we’re talking consecutive play time

15 years, sort of. I owned an Odessey 2-ball center-shafted putter. After having it about 5 years, a thief broke into the trunk of my car and stole all my clubs...in broad daylight...parked on a major city street...in Oakland.

I purchased the exact same make and type of putter, which I had another 10 years.

Does that count?

I have 50+ putters laying around. Need I say more. Granted I hand made most of them, but still! WTF

About a year, and I get rid of them when I make a change.

I am on 3 years with my current one before that it was 12 years. I am looking to upgrade but I am cheap so I will have to wait a while.?

I don’t know for sure but probably a couple years

Longest is probably 3 years, but no putter has lasted a full season in my bag for a full season in the last 5 years lol

Back