What is the lowest round you have ever shot?

Lowest round?

• <60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • 65-70

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • 70-75

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • 75-80

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • 80-85

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • 85-90

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • 90-95

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 95-100

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • >100

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
I shot a 75 3 years ago, played the back in 1 under. Ironically it was the only time I’ve broke 80. In the last year my best score was 83, but I’ve probably only logged 20 rounds.

Shot 73 several time last year. I think I could actually shoot lower if I played an easier course than my home course. My home course is rated 72.2/141 from the tees I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realize I’m never going to be a golf pro and play on the tour. I don’t have the talent for it. That’s obvious by my scores.

I realized late last year reading a thread here on THP that my game isn’t bad... by any means. It’s average.

I drive the ball average of 185 yards or so. That’s average for an American golfer.
My score is usually in the low 100’s. That’s average for an American golfer.
I’m average height at 5’11”
I’m average weight
All in all I am completely average.
My golf game reflects that. But I still have fun playing at the game.

I went to the driving range with my son today. My drives went straight for the most part. My sons are a different story. He needs help. I played 3 holes of par 3 afterwards. I lost a ball. My short game is terrible. It is what it is and may improve if I keep playing.
That reminds me of a description I once heard of what makes for a beautiful woman. It went something like this.
o Average height
o Average size eyes, nose, ears, and chin
o Average build, not skinny or overweight
o Average size breasts and hips

You get the idea. Sometimes average is pretty good.

Shot a 74 (par 72) at my home course in October last year

Had a couple of 75's as well so hoping I can scare par one day

71, but that was a few years a go. Broke par on 9 several times but that was the only time on 18.

The best I’ve shot is 11 over on both a par 70 and a 72. So 81/83 are my best scores

81. Just can’t seem to break that barrier yet. I’ve had days at league where I should have consumed playing after the 9 because I probably would have done it. This was a year and a half ago now and I still remember how awesome each shot felt. I’m hoping to break that this year!

74 and I think I've done it twice. I've had so many opportunities to go lower and always find a way to screw it up. I did shoot a 35 in league one night which I think is the only time I've gone under par during nine holes.

My lowest came on a shorter course and had a really good round. My focus is more on consistency of scores than just shooting one low round but I do want to get that average as low as possible.

89 a few years ago. I feel like this should be much lower. Hopefully this year it will be

87. Been in the park for better a few times but golf happens. I’m new to the game so hopefully the improvement continues.

I have shot 70 several times over the last 5 or 6 years.
For some reason that 69 always seems to evade me.
Someday I will break 70 and I hope it's going to be this season.

-2 70 at Escena in Palm Springs - Fall 2018

Lowest Tournament round is a +1 73 at Riverway - Summer 2017

The day I shot my 79, somebody else was keeping score. I knew I was playing probably the best I'd ever played, but I was trying to keep a number out of my head as much as possible. I told him I didn't want to know anything about my score, don't even talk to me about it. I didn't know I'd broken 80 until he added it up after the end of the round, and if he had told me I was headed there, I probably would have put too much pressure on myself and fallen apart.

A few months ago, I was having another really good day and was keeping my own score. I knew exactly where I stood and when we walked to the 17th tee, I knew that all I had to do was par #17 (easy par 3) and #18 (easy par 5) and I'd break 80 again.

I took a 7 on #17. :mad:

The day I shot my 79, somebody else was keeping score. I knew I was playing probably the best I'd ever played, but I was trying to keep a number out of my head as much as possible. I told him I didn't want to know anything about my score, don't even talk to me about it. I didn't know I'd broken 80 until he added it up after the end of the round, and if he had told me I was headed there, I probably would have put too much pressure on myself and fallen apart.

A few months ago, I was having another really good day and was keeping my own score. I knew exactly where I stood and when we walked to the 17th tee, I knew that all I had to do was par #17 (easy par 3) and #18 (easy par 5) and I'd break 80 again.

I took a 7 on #17. :mad:
It’s amazing what the mind will do. It is hard to block out those thoughts of doing something you have never done before.

79......once. I’m going to beat it this year!

74. Everything was working. Couple of long birdies and never got in trouble off the tee. Didn't hurt that I knew I had a good round going and thus never actually counted the score until the last putt

89 a few years ago. I feel like this should be much lower. Hopefully this year it will be
You can get that easily

88 about 4 years ago when i was practicing 2 times a week and was in decent shape. I feel like that is a million miles away.
It is the only time I ever broke 90 and while it is a pretty easy course I played really well that day and didn't make many mistakes. I chipped in from off the green and my short game was in sync.

I've got two 63's to my name (on par 72).

One at my home course last fall, and one at Grand Cypress with @ArmyGolf @PhillyV and @dhartmann34.. And couldn't be happier to share it with THPers. That was a crazy day.

67. PGA West Nicklaus Course......summer conditions

Back