What is the More Satisfactory Feeling?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
*You haven't had accomplished any of these to participate in this thread - I want to know what you think.

When you're out for a knock around what do you find (or presume) to be a more satisfactory feeling?

Hole in One
Albatross
Flushed approach for a kick in birdie, eagle, etc.
Drained long putt
Nutted tee shot
Finally finding your swing for the day

I have always considered an albatross to be more of an accomplishment than a hole in one, but even as I've come close to one, and recently accomplished my first HIO, I still think I find the perfect approach shot that leads to points to be the most satisfactory feeling I can have on a golf course. For me it signifies that I have played the hole well. That is my goal, and with that I have accomplished said goal.

I can see where the argument will come in for a hole in one here, but who really steps up to the tee on a par 3 with the thought to drain the ball in one shot? No one. We step up and beg the golf gods to help us hit it close so we can make a birdie.

Keep in mind here I'm not asking what is a bigger accomplishment, or what is more difficult to do, etc. I'm asking what shot leaves you feeling most satisfied with your play.

I'd probably vote for them in exactly the order you have them, except maybe swap "nutted tee shot" and "drained long putt". Haven't had a HIO yet, but that would easily be the most satisfying feeling IMO.

Haven't had either of the first 2, but the flushed approach & drained long putt for me are tied. Love that feeling from both them.

Flushed approach shot for tap in birdie. It means I executed it well and the result was good.
I have the HIO, I need the Albatroos for the cycle.
Long putts are way high on the awesome meter too.

Flushed approach for a kick in. Nothing like having an actual target, and hitting one so close to it that the next shot is rendered nearly irrelevant.

I have a HIO so that is out, but the flushed aproach shot is so rare that is the one I crave.

I'm good with the order in which you have them listed. But, depending upon the circumstances, I imagine finally finding your swing for the day could really jump up the list.

My first hole yesterday - 6i off the tee. Not a great shot but in the middle of the fairway. Second shot: 157 yd 7i hop stop on the green 8 feet from the hole. Ball mark 3' from the hole. I missed the putt and ended up with a boring par. I wish the rest of the round was that boring.

Flushed approach.

I'm going to say Albatross. It's the only one I've yet to accomplish. Now perhaps that would change to HIO if the choice was your "first ever hole-in-one". That was exciting and fun. I've had 2, and the second one didn't seem as exciting. Don't get me wrong it still was and every one ever had will be. But now I want the albatross.

Flushed approaches are super satisfactory. I love when I hit big drives but I’ll eff those up more often than not haha

Hole in One - The Elusive Hunt for the Golden Goose
Albatross - still searching ... not applicable

Ranked with a bit of the feeling I get from each!
1. Flushed approach for a kick in birdie, eagle, etc. - Do you feel like a winner with one of these, because I sure do!
2. Drained long putt - TIGER F' IN WOODS Y'ALL
3. Nutted tee shot - BOOOOOOMMMMMMM BABY - Hittin' Bombs Further than PHIL!
4. Finally finding your swing for the day - Today is going to be a good day

Flushed approaches are sooooooo nice.

Buttery short game :cool:(y)

HIO is high on the list for a reason...

But attainable, I get a huge amount of satisfaction on a well struck tee shot with any club. There’s something about starting a hole off right that I look for and the feeling seems to follow for the rest of that hole.

*You haven't had accomplished any of these to participate in this thread - I want to know what you think.

When you're out for a knock around what do you find (or presume) to be a more satisfactory feeling?

Hole in One
Albatross
Drained long putt
Nutted tee shot

I have always considered an albatross to be more of an accomplishment than a hole in one, but even as I've come close to one, and recently accomplished my first HIO, I still think I find the perfect approach shot that leads to points to be the most satisfactory feeling I can have on a golf course. For me it signifies that I have played the hole well. That is my goal, and with that I have accomplished said goal.

I can see where the argument will come in for a hole in one here, but who really steps up to the tee on a par 3 with the thought to drain the ball in one shot? No one. We step up and beg the golf gods to help us hit it close so we can make a birdie.

Keep in mind here I'm not asking what is a bigger accomplishment, or what is more difficult to do, etc. I'm asking what shot leaves you feeling most satisfied with your play.

I think the big debate here will be between the ace and the albatross. So, with that in mind, I'm going to say the Ace Albatross or Albatross Ace, however you wanna label it. An ace on a par 4 would be exquisite.

Flushed shot for me.

Now I’m no veteran golfer so I don’t know much. That said, any and all of those are a yes. Seems to me I’m only as good as my last shot.

Hole in One
Albatross
Drained long putt
Nutted tee shot

Considering only have experience with a few of the options. I am going with the nutted drive. Part of it is the feeling, the other is watching the ball fly long and straight at your intended target.

Satisfactory for me is par. With that, I'd say finding my swing for the day would satisfy my effort A good day of swings, breeds a lot of pars for me. .

HIOs come with a lot of luck, as do a lot of Albatrosses. JMO.. Those two for me would measure more than satisfying.

Draining a long putt? I expect to make every putt I stroke, regardless of the distance.

Here is the order of those for me.

I think the hole in one would be number 1 because of the aspect that it becomes a social thing with drink and congratulations in the club house afterwards.
I think the close second would be the albatross. It would be number 1 if it had that social aspect.
A stuffed approach into a par 5 for an easy eagle would be next followed by one for a birdie.
Draining a long putt, especially for birdie/eagle.
Finding your swing. It's great when I do it but I can also lose it in a few.
Nutted tee shot. I've been struggling with my driver lately but I will usually still have at least one or two smoked drives. It is usually a strength of my game. While it does fell great I have also screwed up the next shot plenty of times.

the flushed or nutted shots take top for me for most satisfactory because it's like you did everything right and not luck-based like HIO or albatross

the long bomb putt is next for similar reason but a little more luck on that

HIO/albatross would be most exciting / memorable though

Flushed approach here.

I'd love a hole in one but I know that's partly luck. I'll hop with a flushed iron shot for the kick in followed really close by a long putt. Although if I'm in a match I'll take the long putt since that can really frustrate opponents sometimes.

Back