What is the next thing you're going to practice?

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
With regards to your golf practice, what's the next thing you are going to be trying out?

After todays wedgeducation if you were following along the live thread it seems like a few more people are going to try to go pin seeking with their wedges.

According to @JDax we need to get the ball in play. I have one more round tomorrow planned as long as I can get out of my travel work at a recent time I'll be playing a new course and if not I'll at least go hit up a range before dark.

It'll be time to work on the driver.

I've been focusing on ball striking since my iron play has been less than I'd like here the last few rounds. Last time out I focused on setup and tempo. Results were pretty good and I'm happy with the results overall. Been hitting off mats too much lately so going to work on practicing rest between now and Friday with 3+ rounds scheduled this weekend and Ballyhack next week. I may go work on chipping and putting if I can't help myself but going to hold off on full swings until Friday to give my elbow a break.

Two things come to mind for this:

1: Driver practice to test a new shaft against the current one

or

2: Packing a golf bag for travel

I cut the grass with the mower at the highest setting. This should let me do two things:

Practice hitting wedge shots out of thicker stuff.
Finding balls that land in the thicker stuff.
😁

I cut the grass with the mower at the highest setting. This should let me do two things:

Practice hitting wedge shots out of thicker stuff.
Finding balls that land in the thicker stuff.
😁
Based on some of the pictures from Ballyhack you might have wanted to do that two weeks ago and let it grow. 🤣 😭

Based on some of the pictures from Ballyhack you might have wanted to do that two weeks ago and let it grow. 🤣 😭
Well I didn’t mow the whole yard so that’s still an option.

‘sides, you’re supposed to keep us in play off the tee.

Will be working on chipping and putting hopefully next week after being cleared from an injury.

Well I didn’t mow the whole yard so that’s still an option.

‘sides, you’re supposed to keep us in play off the tee.
celebrity family feud GIF by ABC Network

Lots and lots of practice with irons. Also still need wedge practice but I don’t have a great practice facility for that

I am going to go putt this afternoon after work before my daughters softball game.

I’ve been practicing driver a lot since it’s been a weak point coming out of the gates.

And getting touch and feel back after the winter is always tough, but coming along! Testing RB Tour X ball has really given me a purpose to be chipping and pitching more than usual

According to @JDax we need to get the ball in play. I have one more round tomorrow planned as long as I can get out of my travel work at a recent time I'll be playing a new course and if not I'll at least go hit up a range before dark.

It'll be time to work on the driver.
Putting one in play is of the utmost importance.

Still trying to tame a 5W and threw in a 2H. One will die a slow death.

For me it’s my irons. I’m committed to being half way decent with them to capitalize on my tee game. I’m hoping to get under 10 by the time I get to the UST Shaft Up Finale

With the warmer weather (80s - 90s) showing up, and the turf conditions becoming some what firmer, I will be replacing my Ironwoods with the equivalent cavity backs. ( 7i - 60* )

It will take about a week of practice to adjust the GeoMax irons. This is a yearly switch over for me.

Hitting balls straight and in the air.

Well, my instructor wants me to hit some short shots with PW and try to land them in a certain area. Just become familiar with how long a certain swing and shot goes. I am a little scared of doing this in the backyard (driving range near my house closed down). I can hit diagonally maybe 20-25 yards. That is a pretty easy swing, I guess. But I would really hate to connect on one with a little harder swing... trouble. And in this swing, keep weight on my front foot and turn slightly at the hips, none of this swinging the arms back.

My grip location with the driver. It's my most inconsistent club and found over the weekend that I need to weaken the grip as it was too strong. Now I just need to fine tune it so I'm not shooting drives off to the right.

Going to head over to the short game area in the morning and work on 100y and in then do some putting. I’ll put in an hour. Then I’ll walk a couple holes before I go get ready for work.

Also, I love that you used the word #WedgEducation I wanted to post that when I saw the guys were getting schooled by Vokey on video in the live thread. I just didn't have time. :ROFLMAO:

New swing feels- 3/4 shots staying in posture and clearing hips with low follow through.

Next lesson is driver centric and I’m excited for it.

Full swings. Finishing the swing and not stopping without a follow through. The results are so much better

Back