What is the secret to arranging clubs in the bag?

c_ault

Reaction score
I don't know if it is me, my cart, the bags, or the grips I use, but I am so tired of struggling to get my club out of the bag or into it.

I have a Bagboy Express cart and it carries the bags at about a 45* angle. I have a Ben Hogan Apex cart bag with 10 dividers, a Cleveland Tour cart bag with 14 dividers, and a KZG staff bag with 6 dividers (9" opening). None of these bags work well enough for my liking so I am wondering if I need to get a cart that holds the bags more upright, a different bag, or if there is just a secret to the order the clubs are arranged in the bag. I don't think it is the grips as I've had problems with all sorts of grips but the grips I use now are a little more tacky (Golf Pride Tour Wraps, G2 I believe).

Is there a best way to arrange the clubs?

Should I just get some PVC and make sure the clubs are separate?

Is it just the angle the cart holds the bag at?

For me it's the type of bag. I have a Ping Hoofer and it's a real problem. I also have a TM Pure Lite and it's not much of a problem at all. The Sun Mountain 4.5 works well too.

I used to have similar problems before I got the :ogio: bag I currently use. It has full length dividers and that is the key I think. All the other bags were divided only on the top and the shafts would get all tangled and be a real pain to get a club in or out. If you are going to invest in a new bag, look fo rthis feature and it should resolve your issue.

I had a bag once that had three sections. I bought a bunch of tubes and stuffed them inside and had a makeshift 14 way divider system.

I have a 14 section cart bag made by Calina. I've never had any trouble with the grips getting tangled no matter what angle the bag sits at.

I would say that it depends on how the dividers are. If you have full length dividers you shoudnt have a problem. When you use a bag that only has dividers at the top, you will not get past your grips tangling together and creating havoc in your bag.

post pics of how you put the clubs in the bag and the bag on the cart
the only problem i have when walking is the bag twists on the push cart

Thanks for the input. My Cleveland bag is supposed to have 14 full length dividers but looking at/feeling it the dividers don't attach to the bottom of the bag and are just nylon so they move around. Looking into it with a flashlight this morning and moving clubs around to see if shafts or grips can be seen crossing into other sections some seem ok (the back dividers) but the ones in the front where I keep the clubs I use the most the dividers seem really floppy and I can see the grips of other clubs at the bottom. It looks like some of the dividers have torn also. The KZG staff bag dividers are also nylon and not attached at the bottom. I don't see grips crossing over but just the looseness of the dividers near the bottom makes it look like the angle is causing the grips to rest against each other even if they aren't technically touching.

I don't have pictures right now but in the Cleveland 14 way top there are 3 spaces in the back, with 4 after that, then 3, 3 and 1 large putter spot in the front. I was using the 3 back for 3W, D, 5W, then 3-6I in the next, 7-9I next, then P-S, and then the putter. I did move the long irons to the back when I got my hybrids then had the 2 hybrids, the D and the 3W in the 4 across slot. It is the short irons and wedges that I'm having the most problem with and that is where the dividers look worn and torn (clubs in and out of the bag too much I guess). The bag isn't that old, just a couple of months.

When I can afford a new bag I'm going to do a lot better inspecting and take a look at some of the above suggestions. I may try the tubes for now.

Thanks again.

I got frustrated with the 6 way divider on my old TM stand bag and jumped on a good deal for a Nike Sasquatch stand bag last year. Haven't had a problem since.

I am hating the 14 way divider on the Ogio bag I have. I'm constantly having issues with the clubs getting stuck.

The Sultan

My Ogio bag was HORRIBLE for grips and shafts comingling, but I bought a Titleist bag last year (under 100$) and its the best bag ive ever had! Great dividing and continued seperation!

post pics of how you put the clubs in the bag and the bag on the cart
the only problem i have when walking is the bag twists on the push cart

Here are some pictures simulating the last couple of times I went out. The bag isn't twisting on the cart, it holds the bag really secure when tightened down.

Bag002%20(640x427).jpg

Bag004%20(640x427).jpg

Bag006%20(640x427).jpg

Bag008%20(640x427).jpg

Bag009%20(640x427).jpg

The bag top. I took a brighter flashlight to the bag tonight and found that the club dividers only go down about 2/3rds of the way. So that is probably the biggest problem. I really tried to find a bag with individual dividers and read somewhere that this bag did, but not all the way down where it really matters.

Bag010%20(640x427).jpg

Bag011%20(640x427).jpg

Changed the headcovers on the driver and 3W today to cut down on the struggle with the big animal heads.

Bag013%20(640x427).jpg

Bag015%20(640x427).jpg

I used to have similar problems before I got the :ogio: bag I currently use. It has full length dividers and that is the key I think. All the other bags were divided only on the top and the shafts would get all tangled and be a real pain to get a club in or out. If you are going to invest in a new bag, look fo rthis feature and it should resolve your issue.

What Ogio do you use?

I have a 14 section cart bag made by Calina. I've never had any trouble with the grips getting tangled no matter what angle the bag sits at.

Can't find anything on the Calina Bags. The link to their home site then the links from there don't take me anywhere where the bags are available. Did they go out of business?

I got frustrated with the 6 way divider on my old TM stand bag and jumped on a good deal for a Nike Sasquatch stand bag last year. Haven't had a problem since.

Thanks, not sure about stand bags right now but possibly may change. I'll keep the Nike's in mind when I'm looking

The Sultan

Do you remember/know what year on the Sultan. I thought the recently changed the top/dividers. This is one of the bags I was looking at before buying the Cleveland but someone posted they were having troubles with theirs somewhere on THP (possibly you did) and since none of the shops in town carry them I took a pass on the model.

My Ogio bag was HORRIBLE for grips and shafts comingling, but I bought a Titleist bag last year (under 100$) and its the best bag ive ever had! Great dividing and continued seperation!

What Ogio bag did you have? Is the Titleist bag a staff, stand, or cart?

Can't find anything on the Calina Bags. The link to their home site then the links from there don't take me anywhere where the bags are available. Did they go out of business?

Don't know the status of the company. I've had the bag for at least 6 years.

No such problems, here. I use the Bennington Quiet Organizer. Little goofy with the spiral arrangement, but it sure does work. It's heavier than the typical bag. I have the cart version and the carry; I wouldn't want to carry the carry-bag for 18 but on the push cart, it's just fine.

MLB11036418.jpg

I love Ogio bags. I have never had the cart bags, but the stand up bags are fantastic. I have never had an issue with the grips getting stuck. I am thinking about getting the Ogio Edge. It is a stand up that has slot of the benefits of a cart bag.

I don't know if it is me, my cart, the bags, or the grips I use, but I am so tired of struggling to get my club out of the bag or into it.

I have a Bagboy Express cart and it carries the bags at about a 45* angle. I have a Ben Hogan Apex cart bag with 10 dividers, a Cleveland Tour cart bag with 14 dividers, and a KZG staff bag with 6 dividers (9" opening). None of these bags work well enough for my liking so I am wondering if I need to get a cart that holds the bags more upright, a different bag, or if there is just a secret to the order the clubs are arranged in the bag. I don't think it is the grips as I've had problems with all sorts of grips but the grips I use now are a little more tacky (Golf Pride Tour Wraps, G2 I believe).

Is there a best way to arrange the clubs?

Should I just get some PVC and make sure the clubs are separate?

Is it just the angle the cart holds the bag at?

My Bag Boy Revolver on a Clicgear 3.0 would work for ya. Not for sale so get your own :devil:

my brother had those plastic tube things you stick in the bag... but he got tired of those... maybe try them? i think theyre really cheap

My Bag Boy Revolver on a Clicgear 3.0 would work for ya. Not for sale so get your own :devil:

Since they're aren't for sale are you saying you're going to give them to me? :angel:

I am kicking myself for buying the Cleveland instead of the Revolver. I'm not a big Clicgear fan. The 3.0 isn't too bad but after crushing my finger playing with it at the store I decided no. I've been looking at SM Micro-Cart for awhile but the guy at the store today talked me out thinking about one. He said they have most of them returned rather quickly with part failures. For now I'll stick with the Bag Boy. I was looking at bags today to see if there was anything that I need to look for when I get some money together. I did like the SM Four 5 and a couple of the Ogios (the Grom I looked at didn't look put together very well though I've heard great things about them). There were a couple of Titleist and Nike bags that I liked but they were basically the same price as the SM Four 5, which I liked better.

bogey_russ & Smallville: (forgot to multi-quote and don't remember if I responded to Smalls) I've been thinking about those since posting and I think I've ruled that option out. I think they may be more of a hassle then just dealing with the bag I have and I don't feel like putting them together so they don't mess with the graphite shafts. If I could take the bottom of the bag off and put them in right I'd definitely go for that.

I think I should just relax and stop worrying about it though. I rush around too much as it is on the course. Really contemplating a stand bag now (the Four 5) since it is really versatile. I need to go sell some stuff first though. :smile:

a couple of the Ogios (the Grom I looked at didn't look put together very well though I've heard great things about them).

The 2011 Ogio Grom is a mess IMO! They did away with the awesome Woode system and went with there current set up, which I just cannot figure out how it would work. That is why I am going with the Edge. It has the Woode organization that I like. If Ogio had kept the Woode in the Grom, then I would be getting myself the Grom. However, the Edge has a really awesome rain cover. It is spring loaded, so instead of having to unzip it you pull it apart, grab your club and it pops back together. Pretty cool!

I had a bag once that had three sections. I bought a bunch of tubes and stuffed them inside and had a makeshift 14 way divider system.

i am going to steal that idea! would rep but using tapatalk and dont think i can. great idea if i can now finf the right tube at the right price :)

i am going to steal that idea! would rep but using tapatalk and dont think i can. great idea if i can now finf the right tube at the right price :)

those tube things are like $1.50 at most sporting goods places

i hate the 14 divider bags out now... i have an old datrek with 4 compartments and its perfect but i need a new bag cuz the leg is giving out on me

those tube things are like $1.50 at most sporting goods places

i hate the 14 divider bags out now... i have an old datrek with 4 compartments and its perfect but i need a new bag cuz the leg is giving out on me

im in the uk so more than likely overpriced compared to across the pond. might try ebay. thanks for the heads up

Back